1. Ueno N, Zhang D. Targeting EGFR in triple negative breast cancer. J Cancer 2011; 2: 324-328.
2. Amos K, Adamo B, Anders C. Triple-negative breast cancer: An update on neoadjuvant clinical trials. Int J Breast Cancer 2012; 2012: 385978.
3. Ryden L, Jirstrom K, Haglund M, Stal O, Ferno M. Epidermal growth factor receptor and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 are specific biomarkers in triple-negative breast cancer. Results from a controlled randomized trial with long-term follow-up. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2010; 120(2): 491-498.
4. Bouchalova K, Cizkova M, Cwiertka K, Trojanec R, Hajduch M. Triple negative breast cancer - current status and prospective targeted treatment based on HER1 (EGFR), TOP2A and c-MYC gene assessment. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2009; 153(1): 13-17.
5. Masuda H, Zhang D, Bartholomeusz C, Doihara H, Hortobagyi GN, Ueno NT. Role of epidermal growth factor in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012; 136(2): 331-345.
6. Carey LA, Rugo HS, Marcom PK, et al. TBCRC 001: Randomized phase II study of cetuximab in combination with carboplatin in stage IV triple-negative breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30(21): 2615-2623.
7. Foulkes W, Smith I, Reis-Filho J. Triple-negative breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2010; 363(20): 1938-1948.
8. Pal SK, Childs BH, Pegram M. Triple negative breast cancer: unmet medical needs. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2011; 125(3): 627-636.
9. Cakir A, Gonul II, Uluoglu O. A comprehensive morphological study for basal-like breast carcinomas with comparison to non basal-like carcinomas. Diagnostic Pathology 2012; 7: 145.
10. Bhargava R, Beriwal S, McManus K, Dabbs D. CK5 is more sensitive than Ck5/6 in identifying the ‘basal-like’ phenotype of breast cancer. Anatomic Pathology 2008; 130(5): 724-730.
11. Page D. Special types of invasive breast cancer, with clinical implications. Am J Surg Pathol 2003; 27(6): 832-835.
12. Law Y, Quek S, Tan P, Wong S. Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast. Singapore Med J 2009; 50(1): e5-e11.
13. Muslimani AA, Ahluwalia MS, Clark CT, Daw HA. Primary adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breast: case report and review of the literature. Int Semin Surg Oncol 2006; 3: 17.
14. Jung S, Kim H, Nam B, et al. Worse prognosis of metaplastic breast cancer patients than other patients with triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2010; 120(3): 627-637.
15. Wells A. EGF receptor. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 1999; 31(6): 637-643.
16. Kim MA, Lee HS, Lee HE, Jeon YK, Yang HK, Kim WH. EGFR in gastric carcinomas: prognostic significance of protein overexpression and high gene copy number. Histopathology 2008; 52(6): 738-746.
17. Shawarby M, Al-Tamimi D, Ahmed A. Very low prevalence of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) protein expression and gene amplification in Saudi breast cancer patients. Diagnostic Pathology 2011; 6: 57.
18. Lv N, Xie X, Ge Q, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor in breast carcinoma: association between gene copy number and mutations. Diagnostic Pathology 2011; 6: 118.
19. Martinazzi M, Crivelli F, Zampatti C, Martinazzi S. Epidermal growth factor receptor immunohistochemistry in different histological types of infiltrating breast carcinoma. J Clin Pathol 1993; 46(11): 1009-1110.
20. Teng Y, Tan W, Thike A, et al. Mutations in the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene in triple negative breast cancer: possible implications for targeted therapy. Breast Cancer Research 2011; 13(2): R35.
21. Nakajima H, Ishikawa Y, Furuya M, et al. Protein expression, gene amplification, and mutational analysis of EGFR in triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer 2012; 21(1): 66-74.
22. Jacot W, Lopez-Crapez E, Thezenas S, et al. Lack of EGFR-activating mutations in European patients with triple-negative breast cancer could emphasize geographic and ethnic variations in breast cancer mutation profiles. Breast Cancer Research 2011; 13(6): R133.
23. Pritchard KI. Endocrine therapy: is the first generation of targeted drugs the last? J Intern Med. 2013; 274(2): 144-152.
24. Reis-Filho JS, Milanezi F, Carvalho S, et al. Metaplastic breast carcinomas exhibit EGFR, but not HER2, gene amplification and overexpression: immunohistochemical and chromogenic in situ hybridization analysis. Breast Cancer Research 2005; 7(6): R1028-R1035.
25. Silvestri GA, Rivera MP. Targeted therapy for the treatment of advanced non-small cell lung cancer. A review of the epidermal growth factor receptor antagonists. Chest 2005; 128(6): 3975-3984.
26. Ladanyi M, Pao W. Lung adenocarcinoma: guiding EGFR-targeted therapy and beyond. Modern Pathology 2008; 21: S16-S22.