1. Aita, K., Tanimoto, A., Fujimoto, Y. et al.: Sarcomatoid collecting duct carcinoma arising in the hemodialysis-associated acquired cystic kidney: an autopsy report. Pathol. Int. 53, 2003, p. 463–7.
2. Bisceglia, M., Galliani, C.A., Senger, C. et al.: Renal cystic diseases: a review. Adv. Anat. Pathol. 13, 2006, p. 26–56.
3. Cheuk, W.,Lo, E.S.F., Chan, A.K.C. et al.: Atypical epithelial proliferations in acquired renal cystic disease harbor cytogenetic aberrations. Hum. Pathol. 33, 2002, p. 761–5.
4. Cossu-Rocca, P., Eble, J.N., Zhang, S. et al.: Acquired cystic disease-associated renal tumors: an immunohistochemical and fluorescence in situ hybridization study. Mod. Path. 19, 2006, p. 780–7.
5. Denton, M.D., Magee, C.C., Ovuworie, C. et al.: Prevalence of renal cell carcinoma in patients with ESRD pre-transplantation: A pathologic analysis. Kidney Int. 61, 2002, p. 2201–2209.
6. Dunnill, M.S., Millard, P.R., Oliver, D.: Acquired cystic diseae of the kidneys: A hazard of long-term intermittent maintainance hemodialysis. J. Clin. Patol. 30, 1977, p. 868–877.
7. Fujimoto, K., Anai, S., Okajima, E. et al.: Chromophobe cell renal carcinoma with acquired cystic disease of the kidney in a long-term hemodialysis patient. Int. J. Urol. 10, 2003, p. 99–102.
8. Hammerschmied, C.G., Walter, B., Hartmann, A.: Nierenzellkarzinom 2008. Pathologe 29, 2008, p. 354–63.
9. Hashimoto, T., Togo, Y., Yasuda, K. et al.: Oncocytoma associated with acquired cystic disease of kidney (ACKD): a case report. Hinyokika Kiyo 51, 2005, p. 747–9.
10. Hora, M., Hes, O., Reischig, T. et al.: Tumors in end-stage kidney. Transplant. Proc. 40, 2008, p. 3354–8.
11. Huang, X., Wang, X., Zhu, J. et al.: Chemical-induced polycyst with renal tumor and expression of 8-OHdG in kidney tissue. Thonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38, 2000, p. 226–8.
12. Ikeda, R., Tanaka, T., Moriwama, M.T. et al.: Proliferative activity of renal cell carcinoma associated with acquired cystic disease of the kidney: a comparison with typical renal cell carcinoma. Hum. Pathol. 33, 2002, p. 230–5.
13. Ishikawa, I., Saito, A., Chikazawa, Y. et al.: Cystic renal cell cell carcinoma, suspected because of lack of regression of renal cysts after renal transplantatioon in a dialysis patient witrh acquired renal cystic disease. Cli. Exp. Nephrol. 7, 2003, p. 81–4.
14. Kato, T., Takahasi, Y., Nakane, K. et al.: Bilateral renal cell carcinoma associated with polycystic kidney disaese: case report and literature review. Hinyokika Kiyo 53, 2007, p. 117–119.
15. Kojima, Y., Takahara, S., Mivake, O. et al.: Renal cell carcinoma in dialysis patients: a single center experience. Int. J. Urol. 13, 2006, p. 1045–8.
16. Konda, R., Sato, H., Hatafuku, F. et al., T.: Expression of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor C-met in acquired renal cystic disease associated with renal cell carcinoma. J. Urol. 171, 2004, p. 2166–70.
17. Konda, R., Sugimura, J., Sohma, F. et al.: Over expression of hypoxia-inducible protein 2, hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha and nuclear factor kappa B is putatively involved in acquired renal cyst formation and subsequent tumor transformation in patients with end stage renal failure. J. Urol. 180, 2008, p. 481–5.
18. Kovacs, G.: Molecular cytogenetics or renal cell tumors. Adv. Cancer. Res. 62, 1993, p. 89–124.
19. Kovacs, G.: High frequency of papillary renal-cell tumours in end-stage kidneys – is there a molecular genetic explanation?. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 10, 1995, p. 595–6.
20. Kuroda, N., Tamura, M., Taguchi, T. et al: Sarcomatoid acquired cystic disease-associated renal cell carcinoma. Histol. Histopathol. 23, 2008, p. 1327–31.
21. Lu, T.C., Lim, P.S., Hsu, W.M. et al.: Renal oncocytoma in acquired renal cystic disease. J. Formos. Med. Assoc. 100, 2001, p. 488–91.
22. Matsui, F., Kobori, Y., Amano, T. et al.: Renal cell carcinoma in acquired cystic disease of the kidney manifested by spontaneous renal supture. Hinyokika Kiyo 49, 2003, p. 239–41.
23. Mazzucchelli, R., Cheng, L., Lopez-Beltran, A. et al.: Renal oncocytosis and multiple papillary adenomas with oncocytoma as dominant nodule coexisting with papillary carcinoma in a patient with diabetic glomerulosclerosis, acquired renal cystic disease and B cell lymphoma. APMIS 116, 2008, p. 934–8.
24. Menéndez, C.L., Pobes, A., Corte Torres, M.G. et al.: A case of acquired renal cystic disease ACKD) with oncocytosis, a dominant nodule (oncocytoma), mutliple adenomas and a microscopic papillary renal cell carcinoma associated with crescentic glomerulonephritis. Virchows. Arch. 450, 2007, p. 365–7.
25. Nagashima, A., Ikemoto, I., Furuta, N. et al.: A case of pheochromocytoma associated with incidental multiple renal cell carcinoma originating from acquired cystic disease of the kidney in hemodialysis. Hinyokika Kiyo 52, 2006, p. 557–60.
26. Ova, M., Mikami, S., Mizuno, E. et al.: C-jun activation in acquired kidney disease and renal cell carcinoma. J.Urol. 174, 2005, p. 726.
27. Peces, R., Martinez-Ara, J., Miguel, J.L.: Renal cell carcinoma co-existent with other renal disease: clinico-pathological features in pre-dialysis patients and those receiving dialysis or renal transplantation. Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 19, 2004, p. 2789–96.
28. Rifkin, S.I.: Thirty-seven uninterrupted years of hemodialysis: a case report. Medscape J. Med. 10, 2008, p. 231–5.
29. Rioux-Leclercq, N.C., Epstein, J.I.: Renal cell carcinoma with intratumoral calcium oxalate crystal depositions in patients with acquired cystic disease of the kidney. Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 127, 2003, p. 89–92.
30. Rivera, M., Tickoo, S.K., Saqi, A. et al.: Cytologic findings of acquired cystic disease-associate renal cell carcinoma: a report of two cases. Diagn. Cytopathol. 36, 2008, p. 344–7.
31. Scandling, J.D.: Acquired cystic kidney disease and renal cell cancer after transplantation: time to rethink screening?. Clin. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2, 2007, p. 750–6.
32. Schwarz, A., Vatandaslar, S., Merkel, S. et al.: Renal cell carcinoma in transplant recipients with acquired cystic kidney disease. Clin. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2, 2007, p. 621–2.
33. Sule, N., Yakupoglu, U., Shen, S.S. et al.: Calcium oxalate deposition in renal cell carcinoma associated with acquired cystic kidney disease: a comprehensive study. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 29, 2005, p. 443–451.
34. Ticoo, S.K., de Peralta-Venturina, M.N., Salama, M. et al.: Spectrum of epithelial tumors in end stage renal disease (ESRD): emphasis on histologic patterns distinct from those in sporadic adult renal neoplasia. Lab. Invest. 83, 2003, .... 173A.
35. Truong, L.D., Choi, Y.J., Shen, S.S. et al.: Renal cystic neoplasms and real neoplasms associated with cystic renal diseases: pathogenetic and molecular links. Adv. Anat. Pathol. 10, 2003, p. 135–159.
36. Vaseemuddin, M., Kraus, M.A.: Quiz page. Acquired kidney disease (ACKD) with associated bilateral renal cell carcinoma. Am. J. Kidney Dis. 46, 2005, p. 47–9.