1. Mannucci P, Peyvandi F. TTP and ADAMTS13: When Testing is Appropriate? Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2007; 1: 121–126.
2. Moake JL, Rudy CK, Troll JH, et al. Unusually large plasma factor VIII: von Willebrand factor multimers in chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombopenic purpura: N Engl J Med. 1982; 307: 1432–1435.
3. Moake JL, Turner NA, Stathopoulos NA, Nolasco LH, Hellums JD. Involvement of large plasma von Willebrand factor (vWF) multimers and unussually large vWF forms derived from endothelial cells in shear stress-induced platelet aggregation. J Clin Invest 1986; 78: 1456–1461.
4. Levy GG, Nichols WC, Lian EC, Foroud T, McClintick JN, Mc Gee BM, Yang AY, Siemieniak DR, Stark KR, Gruppo R, Sarode R, Shurin SB, Chandrasekaran V, Stabler SP, Sabio H, Bouhassira EE, Upshaw JD Jr, Ginsburd D, Tsai HM. Mutations in a member of the ADAMTS gene family cause thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Nature 2001; 413: 488–494.
5. Furlan M, Lämmle B. Aetiology and pathogenesis of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and haemolytic uraemic syndrome: the role of von Willebrand factor – cleaving protease. Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 2001; 14: 437–454.
6. Barbot J, Costa E, Guerra M, et al. Ten years of prophylactic treatment with fresh-frozen plasma in a child with chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura as a result of congenital deficiency of vonWillenbrand factor-cleaving protease. Br J Haematol 2001; 113: 649–651.
7. Amorosi EL, Ultmann JE. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: report of 16 cases and review of the literature. Medicine 1966; 45: 139–159.
8. Rock G. The management of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura in 2005. Semin Thromb Hemost 2005; 31: 709–716.
9. Rock G, Shumak KH, Sutton DM, BuskardNA, Nair, RC. Cryosupernatant as replacement fluid for plasma exchange in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Members of the Canadian Apheresis Group. Br J Haematol 1996; 94: 383–386.
10. Zeigler ZR, Shadduck RK, Gryn JF, Rintels PB, George JN, Besa EC, Bidensteiner D, Silver B, Kramer RE. Cryoprecipitate poor plasma does not improve early response in primary adult thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP). North American TTP GrouP. J Clin Apher 2001; 16: 19–22.
11. Mintz PD, Neff A, MacKenzie M, Goodnough LT, Hillyer Ch, Kessler C, McCrae K, Menitove JE, Skikne BS, Damon L, Lopez-Plaza I, Rouault Ch, CrookstonKP, Benjamin, RJ, George J, Lin JS, Corash L, Conlan MG. A randomized controlled Phase III trial of therapeutic plasma exchange with fresh-frozen plasma (FFP) prepared with amotosalen and ultraviolet A light compared to untreated FFP in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Transfusion 2006; 46: 1693–1704.
12. Helltern, P. Fresh-frozen plasma, pathogen-reduced single-donor plasma or bio-pharmaceutical plasma. Transf and Aph J 2008; 39: 69–74.
13. Andreu G. Transfusion-associated circulatory overload and transfusion-related acute lung injury: diagnosis, pathophysiology, management and prevention. Vox Sang 2009; 4: 63–71.
14. Solheim BG, Seghatchan J. Update on pathogen reduction technology for therapeutic plasma: an overview. Transf and Aph Sci 2006; 35: 83–90.
15. Pereira A. Efficacy of different plasma sources in threatment of thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Vox Sang 2009, 4: 111–117. ISBT Science Series (2009).
16. Hellestern P. Haubelt H. Manufacture and composition of fresh frozen plasma and virus inactivated therapeutic plasma preparations: correlation between composition and therapeutic efficacy. Thromb Res 2002; 31: S3–S8.
17. Hellestern P. Solvent/detergent-treated plasma: composition, efficacy and safety. Curr Opin Hematol 2004; 11: 346–350.
18. Chapman J. Virus inactivation of plasma by methylene blue photoinactivation: approaches and toxicology. Transfus Today 1994; 20: 2–4.
19. Mohr H, Lambrecht B, Selz A. Photodynamic virus inactivation of blood components. Immunol Invest 1995; 24: 73–85.
20. Williamson LM, Cardigan R, Prowse Ch. Methylene blue-treated fresh-frozen plasma:what is its contribution to blood safety? Transf 2003; 436: 1322–1329.
21. del Río-Garma J, Alvarez-Larrán A, Martínez C, Muncunill J, Castellá D, de la Rubia J, Zamora C, Corral M, Viejo A, Peňa F, Rodríguez-Vincente P, Contrera, E, Arbona C, Ramírez C, Garcia-Erce J,A, Alegre A, Mateo J, Pereira, A. Methylene blue-photoinactivated plasma versus quarantine fresh frozen plasma in thrombotic thrombocytopenic puprura: a multicentric, prospective cohort study. Br J Haematol 2008; 143: 39–45.
22. Janetzko K, Lin L, Eichler H, Mayaudon V, Flamen J, Klüter H. Implementation of the INTERCEPT Blood System for Platelets into routine blood bank manufacturing procedures: evaluation of apheresis platelets. Vox Sang 2004; 86: 239–245.
23. Mintz PD, Neff A, MacKenzie M, Goodnough LT, Hillyer C, Kessler C, McCrae K, Menitove JE, Skikne BS, Damon LI, Lopez-Plaza I, Rouault C, Crooston KP, Benjamin RJ, George J, Lin.JS Corash L, Conlan MG. A randomized, controlled Phase III trial of therapeutic plasma exhange with fresh-frozen plasma (FFP) prepared with amotosalen and ultraviolet A light compared to untreated FFP in thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Transf 2006; 46: 1693–1704.
24. Čermáková Z, Hrdličková R, Šuláková T, Kořístka M, Kovářova P, Hrachovinová I. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: Incidence of congenital form of disease in North Moravia (Region Moravia-Silesia). Prague Medical Report 2009; v tisku.