1. Vrana D, Gatek J, Cwiertka K, et al. Internal mammary node management in breast cancer. A review. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2013;1573:261−5.
2. Lukesova L, Vrana D, Svach I, et al. Prognostic influence of internal mammary node drainage in patients with early-stage breast cancer. Anticancer Res 2016;36:6641−6.
3. Chen RC, Lin NU, Golshan M, et al. Internal mammary nodes in breast cancer: diagnosis and implications for patient management – a systematic review. J Clin Oncol 2008;26:4981–9.
4. Domènech-Vilardell A, Bajén MT, Benítez AM, et al. Removal of the internal mammary sentinel node in breast cancer. Nucl Med Commun 2009;30:962−70.
5. Uren RF, Howman-Giles R, Renwick SB, et al. Lymphatic mapping of the breast: locating the sentinel lymph nodes. World J Surg 2001;25:789−93.
6. Qiu PF, Liu YB, Wang YS. Internal mammary sentinel lymph node biopsy: abandon or persist? Onco Targets Ther 2016;9:3879–82.
7. Leidenius MH, Krogerus LA, Toivonen TS, et al. The clinical value of parasternal sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 2006;13:321−6.
8. Koo MY, Lee SK, Bae SY, et al. Long-term outcome of internal mammary lymph node detected by lymphoscintigraphy in early breast cancer. J Breast Cancer 2012;15:98−104.
9. Kong AL, Tereffe W, Hunt KK, et al. Impact of internal mammary lymph node drainage identified by preoperative lymphoscintigraphy on outcomes in patients with stage I to III breast cancer. Cancer 2012;118:6287−96.
10. Lacour J, Bucalossi P, Cacers E, et al. Radical mastectomy versus radical mastectomy plus internal mammary dissection. Five-year results of an international cooperative study. Cancer 1976;37:206−14.
11. Morimoto T, Monden Y, Takashima S, et al. Five-year results of a randomized clinical trial comparing modified radical mastectomy and extended radical mastectomy for stage II breast cancer. Surg Today 1994;24:210−14.
12. Veronesi U, Cascinelli N, Greco M, et al. Prognosis of breast cancer patients after mastectomy and dissection of internal mammary nodes. Ann Surg 1985;202:702−7.
13. Huang O, Wang L, Shen K, et al. Breast cancer subpopulation with high risk of internal mammary lymph nodes metastasis: analysis of 2,269 Chinese breast cancer patients treated with extended radical mastectomy. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2008;107:379−87.
14. Van der Ent FW, Kengen RA, van der Pol HA, et al. Halsted revisited: internal mammary sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer. Ann Surg 2001;234:79−84.
15. Hindié E, Groheux D, Hennequin C, et al. Lymphoscintigraphy can select breast cancer patients for in- ternal mammary chain radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012;83:1081−8.
16. Fisher B, Anderson S, Bryant J, et al. Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2002;347:1233−41.
17. Colzani E, Liljegren A, Johansson AL, et al. Prognosis of patients with breast cancer: causes of death and effects of time since diagnosis, age, and tumor characteristics. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:4014−21.
18. Darby SC, Ewertz M, McGale P, et al. Risk of ischemic heart disease in women after radiotherapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2013;368:987−98.
19. Gagliardi G, Constine LS, Moiseenko V, et al. Radiation dose-volume effects in the heart. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2010;76(3 Suppl):S77−85.
20. Olson RA, Woods R, Speers C, et al. Does the intent to irradiate the internal mammary nodes impact survival in women with breast cancer? A population-based analysis in British Columbia. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2012;83:35−41.
21. Stemmer SM, Rizel S, Hardan I, et al. The role of irradiation of the internal mammary lymph nodes in high-risk stage II to IIIA breast cancer patients after high-dose chemotherapy: a prospective sequential nonrandomized study. J Clin Oncol 2003;21:2713−28.
22. Thorsen LB, Offersen BV, Danø H, et al. DBCG-IMN: a population-based cohort study on the effect of internal mammary node irradiation in early node-positive breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2016;34:314–20.
23. Whelan TJ, Olivotto IA, Parulekar WR, et al. Regional nodal irradiation in early-stage breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2015;373:307−16.
24. Poortmans PM, Collette S, Kirkove C, et al. Internal mammary and medial supraclavicular irradiation in breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2015;37:317−27.
25. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Breast cancer. Version 2.2016. Available from: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/breast.pdf [Cit. 2.3.2017]
26. Fowble B, Hanlon A, Freedman G, et al. Internal mammary node irradiation neither decreases distant metastases nor improves survival in stage I and II breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2000;47:883−94.