1. Eiermann W, Paepke S, Appfelstaedt J et al. Preoperative treatment of postmenopausal breast cancer patients with letrozole: a randomized double-blind multicenter study. Ann Oncol 2001; 12 (11): 1527–1532.
2. Wang W, Liu C, Zhou W et al. Network Meta-analysis of the effectiveness of neoadjuvant endocrine therapy for postmenopausal, HR-positive breast cancer. Sci Rep 2016; 6: 25615. doi: 10.1038/srep25615.
3. Henry NL, Somerfield MR, Abramson VG et al. Role of patient and disease factors in adjuvant systemic therapy decision making for early-stage, operable breast cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology Endorsement of Cancer Care Ontario Guideline Recommendations. J Clin Oncol 2016; 34 (19): 2303–2311. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2015.65.8609.
4. Coates AS, Winer EP, Goldhirsch A et al. Tailoring therapies – improving management of early breast cancer: St Gallen International Expert Consensus on the Primar Therapy of Early Breast Cancer 2015. Ann Oncol 2015; 26 (8): 1533–1546. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdv221.
5. Senkus E, Kyriakides S, Ohno S et al. Primary breast cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol 2015; 26 (Suppl 5): v8–v30. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdv298.
6. Dowsett M, Cuzick J, Ingle J et al. Meta-analysis of breast cancer outcomes in adjuvant trials of aromatase inhibitors versus tamoxifen. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (3): 509–518. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2009.23.1274.
7. Goss P, Ingle JN, Martino S et al. Randomized trial of letrozole following tamoxifen as extended adjuvant therapy in receptor – positive breast cancer: updated findings from NCIC CTG MA.17. J Natl Cancer Inst 2005; 97 (17): 1262–1271.
8. Rugo HS, Rumble RB, Macrade E et al. Endocrine therapy for hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology Guideline. J Clin Oncol 2016; JCO671487. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2016.67. 1487.
9. Gibson L, Lawrence D, Dawson C et al. Aromatase inhibitors for treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; 4: CD003370. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD003370.pub3.
10. Di Leo A, Jerusalem G, Petruzelka L et al. Results of the CONFIRM phase III trial comparing fulvestrant 250 mg with fulvestrant 500 mg in postmenopausal women with estrogen receptor-positive advanced breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (30): 4594–4600. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2010.28.8415.
11. Baselga J, Campone M, Piccart M et al. Everolimus in postmenopausal hormone-receptor-positive advanced breast cancer. N Eng J Med 2012; 366 (6): 520–529. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1109653.
12. Lønning PE, Eikesdal HP. Aromatase inhibition 2013: clinical state of the art and questions that remain to be solved. Endocr Relat Cancer 2013; 20 (4): 183–201. doi: 10.1530/ERC-13-0099.
13. Kwan ML, Chen WY, Kroenke CH et al. Pre-diagnosis body mass index and survival after breast cancer in the After Breast Cancer Pooling Project. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2011; 132 (2): 729–739. doi: 10.1007/s10549-011-1914-3.
14. Sestak I, Distler W, Forbes JF et al. Effect of body mass index on recurrences in tamoxifen and anastrozole treated women: an exploratory analysis from the ATAC trial. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (21): 3411–3415. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2009.27.2021.
15. Folkerd EJ, Dixon JM, Renshaw L et al. Suppression of plasma estrogen levels by letrozole and anastrozole is related to body mass index in patients with breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2012; 30 (24): 2977–2980. doi: 10.1200/JCO. 2012.42.0273.
16. Soler JT, Folsom AR, Kaye SA et al. Associations of abdominal adipozity, fasting insulin, sex hormone binding globulin, and estrone with lipids and lipoproteins in post-menopausal women. Aterosclerosis 1989; 79 (1): 21–27.
17. Casper RF, Mitwally FM. Review: aromatase inhibitors for ovulation induction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91 (3): 760–771.
18. Smith IE, Dowsett M, Yap YS et al. Adjuvant aromatase inhibitors for early breast cancer after chemotherapy-induced amenorrhoea: caution and suggested guidelines. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24 (16): 2444–2447.
19. Dowsett M, Folkerd E. Deficits in plasma oestradiol measurement in studies and management of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 2005; 7 (1): 1–4.
20. Referenční hodnoty laboratorních vyšetření OLM MOÚ. [online]. Dostupné z: www.mou.cz.
21. Folkerd EJ, Lonning PE, Dowsett M. Interpreting plasma estrogen levels in breast cancer: caution needed. J Clin Oncol 2014; 32 (14): 1396–1400. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2013.53.9411.
22. Burger HG, Dudley EC, Hopper JL et al. Prospectively measured levels of serum follicle-stimulating hormone, estradiol, and the dimeric inhibins during the menopausal transition in a population-based cohort of women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999; 84 (11): 4025–4030.
23. Rossi E, Morabito A, Di Rella F et al. Endocrine effects of adjuvant letrozole compared with tamoxifen in hormone-responsive postmenopausal patients with early breast cancer: the HOBOE trial. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27 (19): 3192–3197. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2008.18.6213.
24. Han HS, Ro J, Lee KS et al. Analysis of chemotherapy-induced amenorhea rates by three different anthracycline and taxane containing regimens for early breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2009; 115 (2): 335–342. doi: 10.1007/s10549-008-0071-9.
25. Sherman BM, Chapler FK, Crickard K et al. Endocrine consequences of continuous antiestrogen therapy with tamoxifen in premenopausal women. J Clin Invest 1979; 64: 398–404.
26. Krekow LK, Hellrstedt BA, Collea RP et al. Incidence and predictive factors for recovery of ovarian function in amenorrheic women in their 40s treated with letrozole. J Clin Oncol 2016; 34 (14): 1594–1600. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2015.62.2985.
27. Guerrero A, Gavilá J, Folkerd E et al. Incidence and predictors of ovarian function recovery (OFR) in breast cancer (BC) patients with chemotherapy-induced amenorrhea (CIA) who switched from tamoxifen to exemestane. Ann Oncol 2013; 24 (3): 674–679. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mds464.
28. Bines J, Oleske DM, Cobleigh MA. Ovarian function in premenopausal women treated with adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 1996; 14 (5): 1718–1729.
29. Bellet M, Gray KP, Francis PA et al. Twelve-month estrogen levels in premenopausal women with hormone receptor – positive breast cancer receiving adjuvant triptorelin plus exemestane or tamoxifen in the suppression of ovarian function trial (SOFT): the SOFT-EST substudy. J Clin Oncol 2016; 34 (14): 1584–1593. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2015.61.2259.
30. Fait T. Klimakterická medicína. Maxdorf 2006: 15–17.
31. Morrow PK, Mattair DN, Hortobagyi GN. Hot flashes: a review of pathophysiology and treatment modalities. Oncologist 2011; 16 (11): 1658–1664. doi: 10.1634/theoncologist.2011-0174.
32. Loprinzi CL, Zahasky KM, Sloan JA et al. Tamoxifen-induced hot flashes. Clin Breast Cancer 2000; 1 (1): 52–56.
33. Howell A, Cuzick J, Baum M et al. Results of the ATAC (arimidex, tamoxifen, alone or in combination) trial after completion of 5 years’ adjuvant treatment for breast cancer. Lancet 2005; 365 (9453): 60–62.
34. Thurlimann B, Keshavian A, Coates AS et al. A comparison of letrozole and tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer. N Eng J Med 2005; 353 (26): 2747–2757.
35. Coombes RC, Kilbum LS, Snowdon CF et al. Survival and safety of exemestane versus tamoxifen after 2–3 years tamoxifen treatment (Intergroup Exemes- tane Study): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2007; 369 (9561): 559–570.
36. Jakesz R, Jonat W, Gnant M et al. Switching of postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer to anastrozole after 2 years’ adjuvant tamoxifen: combined results of ABCSG trial 8 and ARNO 95 trial. Lancet 2005; 366 (9484): 455–462.
37. Mar Fan HG, Houédé-Tchen N, Chemerynsky I et al. Menopausal symptoms in women undergoing chemotherapy-induced and natural menopause: a prospective controlled study. Ann Oncol 2010; 21 (5): 983–987. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdp394.
38. Barton DL, LaVasseur BI, Sloan JA et al. Phase III, placebo-controlled trial of three doses of citalopram for the treatment of hot flashes: NCCTG Trial N05C9. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (20): 3278–3283. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2009.26.6379.
39. Loprinzi CL, Kugler JW, Sloan JA et al. Venlafaxine in management of hot flashes in survivors of breast cancer: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2000; 356 (9247): 2059–2063.
40. Guttuso T Jr, Kurlan R, McDermott MP et al. Gabapentin’s effects on hot flashes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol 2003; 101 (2): 337–345.
41. Bordeleau L, Pritchard KI, Loprinzi CL et al. Multicenter, randomized, cross-over clinical trial of venlafaxine versus gabapentin for the management of hot flashes in breast cancer survivors. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (35): 5147–5152. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2010.29.9230.
42. Laufer LR, Erlik Y, Meldrum DR et al. Effect of clonidine on hot flashes in postmenopausal women. Obst Gynecol 1982; 60 (5): 583–586.
43. Dew JE, Wren BG, Eden JA. A cohort study of topical vaginal estrogen therapy in women previously treated for breast cancer. Climacteric 2003; 6 (1): 45–52.
44. Kendall A, Dowsett M, Folkerd E et al. Caution: vaginal estradiol appears to be contraindicated in postmenopausal women on adjuvant aromatase inhibitors. Ann Oncol 2006; 17 (4): 584–587.
45. Wills S, Ravipati A, Venuturumilli P et al. Effects of vaginal estrogens on serum estradiol levels in postmenopausal breast cancer survivors and women at risk of breast cancer taking an aromatase inhibitor or a selective estrogen receptor modulator. J Oncol Practice 2012; 8 (3): 144–148. doi: 10.1200/JOP.2011.000352.
46. Nilsson K, Heimer G. Low-dose oestradiol in the treatment of urogenital oestrogen deficiency – a pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study. Maturitas 1992; 15 (2): 121–127.
47. Key T, Appleby P, Barnes I et al. Endogenous hormones and breast cancer collaborative group. endogenous sex hormones and breast cancer in postmenopausal women: reanalysis of nine prospective studies. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002; 94 (8): 606–616.
48. Lonning PE, Haynes B, Straume AH et al. Exploring breast cancer estrogen disposition: the basis for endocrine manipulation. Clin Cancer Res 2011; 17 (15): 4948–4958. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-11-0043.
49. Nachtigall LE. Comparative study: replens versus local oestrogen in menopausal women. Fertil Steril 1994; 61 (1): 178–180.
50. Loprinzi CL, Abu-Ghazaleh S, Sloan J et al. Phase III randomized double blind study to evaluate the efficacy of a polycarbophil-based vaginal moisturizer in women with breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 1997; 15 (3): 969–973.
51. Van der Laak JA, de Bie LM, de Leeuw H et al. The effect of Replens on vaginal cytology in the treatment of postmenopausal atrophy: cytomophology versus computerised cytometry. J Clin Pathol 2002; 55 (6): 446–451.
52. Informace o přípravku Regelle Intimed. [online]. Dostupné z: http: //www.dmdrogeriemarkt.cz/cz_homepage/nove/nove_produkty/771700/regelle.html; http: //www.intimedcare.cz/.
53. Donders G, Neven P, Moegele M et al. Ultra-low-dose estriol and Lactobacillus acidophilus vaginal tablets (Gynoflor®) for vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal breast cancer patients on aromatase inhibitors: pharmacokinetic, safety, and efficacy phase I clinical study. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2014; 145 (2): 371–379. doi: 10.1007/s10549-014-2930-x.
54. Goetsch MF, Lim JY, Caughey AB. A Practical solution for dyspareunia in breast cancer survivors: a randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol 2015; 33 (30): 3394–3400. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2014.60.7366.
55. Perez EA. Safety profiles of tamoxifen and the aromatase inhibitors in adjuvant therapy of hormone-responsive early breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2007; 18 (Suppl 8): viii26–viii35.
56. McCloskey E, Eastell R, Lakner G et al. Initial results from the LEAP study: the first direct comparison of safety parameters between aromatase inhibitors in healthy postmenopausal women. Breast Canbcer Res Treat 2005; 94 (Suppl 1): abstr. 2052.
57. Štěpán J. Osteoporóza a zlomeniny ve vyšším věku. [online]. Dostupné z: http: //www.osteo-liga.cz/index.php/osteoporoza.
58. Cooper C. The crippling consequences of fractures and their impact on quality of life. Am J Med 1997; 103 (2A): 12S–17S.
59. Roberts SE, Goldacre MJ. Time trends and demography of mortality after fractured neck of femur in an English population, 1968–98: database study. BMJ 2003; 327 (7418): 771–775.
60. Colón-Emeric C, Kuchibhatla M, Pieper C. The contribution of hip fracture to risk of subsequent fractures: data from two longitudinal studies. Osteoporos Int 2003; 14 (11): 879–883.
61. Coleman RE. Effect of anastrozole on bone mineral density: 5-year results from the ’Arimidex’, tamoxifen, alone or in combination (ATAC) trial. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24 (Suppl): 5s; abstr. 511.
62. Perez EA, Josse RG, Pritchard KI et al. Effect of letrozole versus placebo on bone mineral density in women with primary breast cancer completing 5 or more years of adjuvant tamoxifen: a companion study to NCIC CTG MA.17. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24: 3229–3635.
63. Coleman RE, Banks LM, Girgis SI et al. Skeletal effects of exemestane on bone-mineral density, bone biomarkers, and fracture incidence in postmenopausal women with early breayst cancer participating in the Intergroup Exemestane Study (IES): a randomised controlled study. Lancet Oncol 2007; 8 (2): 119–127.
64. Hadji P, Body JJ, Aapro MS et al. Practical guidance for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss. Ann Oncol 2008; 19 (8): 1407–1416. doi: 10.1093/annonc/mdn164.
65. Jackson RD, LaCroix AZ, Gass M et al. Calcium plus vitamin D supplementation and the risk of fractures. N Engl J Med 2006; 354 (7): 669–683.
66. Gnant MF, Mlineritsch B, Luschin-Ebengreuth G et al. Zoledronic acid effectively prevents cancer treatment-induced bone loss in premenopausal women receiving adjuvant endocrine therapy for hormone-responsive breast cancer: a report from the Austrian Breast and Colorectal Cancer Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25 (7): 820–828.
67. Brufsky A, Harker WG, Beck JT et al. Zoledronic acid inhibits adjuvant letrozole-induced bone loss in postmenopausal women with early breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25 (7): 829–836.
68. Bundred N, Cambell I, Coleman R et al. Zoledronic acid in the prevention of cancer treatment-induced bone loss in postmenopausal women receiving letrozole as adjuvant therapy for early breast cancer (ZOFAST study). Nice, France: Presented at 5th European Breast Cancer Conference, 21–25 March 2006; abstr. 12.
69. Schenk N, Lombart A, Frassoladti A et al. The E-ZO-FAST trial: zoledronic acid (ZA) effectively inhibits aromatase inhibitor associated bone loss (AIBL) in postmenopausal women (PMW) with early breast cancer (EBC) receiving adjuvant letrozole (LET). Barcelona, Spain: presented at ECCO 14: the European Cancer Conference, 23–27 September 2007; abstr. 2008.
70. De Boer R. Zoledronic acid in the prevention of aromatase inhibitor-associated bone loss in postmenopausal women receiving letrozole as adjuvant therapy for early breast cancer (ZO-FAST Trial). Breast Cancer Res Treat 2007; 106 (Suppl 1): S36; abstr. 501.
71. Coleman R, Gnant M, Paterson A et al. Effects of bisphosphonate treatment on recurrence and cause-specific mortality in women with early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of individual patient data from randomised trials. Program and abstracts of the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium; December 10–14, 2013; San Antonio, Texas: abstr. S4–07.
72. Crew K, Greenlee H, Capodice J et al. Prevalence of joint symptoms in postmenopausal women taking aromatase inhibitors for early stage breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25 (25): 3877–3883.
73. Henry N, Giles J, Ang D et al. Prospective characterization of musculoskeletal symptoms in early stage breast cancer patients treated with aromatase inhibitors. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2008; 111 (2): 365–372.
74. Cuzick J, Sestak I, Cella D. Treatment-emergent endocrine symptoms and the risk of breast cancer recurrence: a retrospective analysis of the ATAC Trial. Lancet Oncol 2008; 9 (12): 1143–1148. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045 (08) 70259-6.
75. Hadji P, Kieback D, Tams J et al. Correlation of treatment-emergent adverse events and clinical response to endocrine therapy in early breast cancer: a retrospective analysis of the German cohort of TEAM. Ann Oncol 2012; 23 (10): 2566–2572.
76. Huober J, Cole B, Wu J et al. Symptoms of endocrine treatment and outcome: a retrospective analysis of the monotherapy arms of the BIG 1-98 trial. Paper presented at: 2011 ASCO Annual Meeting; June 2011, Chicago, IL.
77. Cutolo M, Villagio B, Seriolo B et al. Synovial fluid estrogens in rheumatoid arthritis. Autoimmun Rev 2003; 3 (3): 193–198.
78. Moraless L, Pans S, Paridaens R et al. Debilitanting musculoskeletal pain and stiffness with letrozole and exemestane: associated tenosynovial changes on magnetic resonance imaging. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2007; 104 (1): 87–91.
79. Irwin ML, Cartmel B, Gross CP et al. Randomized exercise trial of aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in breast cancer survivors. J Clin Oncol 2015; 33 (10): 1104–1111. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2014.57.1547.
80. Briot K,Tubiana-Hulin M, Bastit L et al. Effect of a switch of aromatase inhibitors on musculoskeletal symptioms in postmenopausal women with hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer: the ATTOL study. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2010; 120 (1): 127–134.
81. Khan Q, Reddy P, Kimler B et al. Effect of vitamin D supplentation on serum 25 hydroxy vitamin D levels, joint pains, and fatique in women starting adjuvant letrozole treatment for breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2010; 119 (1): 111–118. doi: 10.1007/s10549-009-0495-x.
82. Crew KD, Capodice JL, Greenlee H et al. Randomized, blinded, sham-controlled trial of acupuncture for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated joint symptoms in women with early-stage breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2010; 28 (7): 1154–1160. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2009.23.4708.
83. Greenlee H, Crew KD, Shao T et al. Phase II study of glucosamine with chondroitin on aromatase inhibitor-associated joint symptoms in women with breast cancer. Supp Care Cancer 2013; 21 (4): 1077–1087. doi: 10.1007/s00520-012-1628-z.
84. Kubo M, Onishi H, Kuroki S et al. Short term and low-dose prednisolone administration reduces aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in patients with breast cancer. Anticancer Res 2012; 32 (6): 2331–2336.
85. Henry N, Banerjee M, Wicha M et al. Pilot study of duloxetine for treatment of aromatase inhibitor-associated musculoskeletal symptomas. Cancer 2011; 117 (24): 5469–5475. doi: 10.1002/cncr.26230.
86. Andreetta C, Smith I. Adjuvant endocrine therapy for early breast cancer. Cancer Lett 2007; 251 (1): 17–27.