1. PfeifferRM, ParkY, KreimerAR, LaceyJVJr, PeeD, et al. (2013) Risk prediction for breast, endometrial, and ovarian cancer in white women aged 50 y or older: derivation and validation from population-based cohort studies. PLoS Med 10: e1001492 doi:10.1371/journal. pmed.1001492
2. SchwartzLM, WoloshinS, DvorinEL, WelchHG (2006) Ratio measures in leading medical journals: structured review of accessibility of underlying absolute risks. BMJ 333: 1248–1250.
3. WareJH (2006) The limitations of risk factors as prognostic tools. New Engl J Med 355: 2615–2616.
4. PepeMS, JanesH, LongtonG, LeisenringW, NewcombP (2004) Limitations of the odds ratio in gauging the performance of a diagnostic, prognostic or screening marker. Am J Epidemiol 159: 882–890.
5. MallettS, HaliganS, ThompsonM, CollinsGS, AltmanDG (2012) Interpreting diagnostic accuracy studies for patient care. BMJ 344: e3999.
6. FallK, GarmoH, AndrénO, Bill-AxelsonA, AdolfssonJ, et al. (2007) Prostate-specific antigen levels as a predictor of lethal prostate cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 99: 526–532.
7. SteyerbergEW, VickersAJ, CookNR, GerdsT, GonenM, et al. (2010) Assessing the performance of prediction models: a framework for some traditional and novel measures. Epidemiology 21: 128–138.
8. BakerSG, CookNR, VickersA, KramerBS (2009) Using relative utility curves to evaluate risk prediction. J R Soc Ser A Stat Soc 172: 729–748.
9. PencinaMJ, D'AgostinoRB, SteyerbergEW (2011) Extension of net reclassification improvement calculations to measure usefulness of new biomarkers. Stat Med 30: 11–21.
10. VickersAJ, ElkinEB (2006) Decision curve analysis: a novel method for evaluating prediction models. Med Decis Making 26: 565–574.
11. CookNR (2007) Use and misuse of the receiver operating characteristic curve in risk prediction. Circulation 115: 928–935.
12. PencinaMJ, D'AgostinoRBSr, D'AgostinoRBJr, VasanRS (2008) Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond. Stat Med 27: 157–172.
13. PepeMS, FengZ, HuangY, LongtonG, PrenticeR, et al. (2007) Integrating the predictiveness of a marker with its performance as a classifier. Am J Epidemiol 167: 362–368.
14. BakerSG (2009) Putting risk prediction in perspective: relative utility curves. J Natl Cancer Inst 101: 1538–1542.