Patient´s respiratory curve synchronization by visual feedback application
Faculty Hospital, Oncology Clinic, Ostrava, Czech Republic
Vyšlo v časopise:
Lékař a technika - Clinician and Technology No. 1, 2018, 48, 17-21
In radiation therapy, irradiation systems are focused to target using a CT scan. In the case of target which is moving by breathing, the CT scan is performed in the patient's inhale or exhale. However, ensuring that the patient is breathing same way as during the CT scan is really problematic. This project deals with the issue by using special respiratory sensor and software application, which presents respiratory curve to patient via video goggles. During the planning CT scan, the patient's breathing curve is captured by a special sensor and is displayed using a software application that allows insertion of the limit markers, which are represented by stripes, which indicate how much the patient inhaled. The application has possibilities to store the location of stripes during CT scan and retrieve it again during a scheduled radiotherapy, when patient can surely breathe the same way as during a planning CT scan. The application was developed, implemented and successfully tested at the Oncology Clinic of the Faculty Hospital Ostrava.
radiotherapy, CT, respiratory curve capturing, video goggles, C#
- Oczka, D., Penhaker, M., Knybel, L., Kubicek, J., Selamat, A.: Design and Implementation of an Algorithm for System of Exposure Limit in Radiology, in Recent Developments in Intelligent Information and Database Systems. vol. 642, Krol, D., Madeyski, L., Nguyen, N. T., Eds., ed, 2016, pp. 433–443.
- Penhaker, M., Novakova, M., Knybel, J., Kubicek, J., Grepl, J., Kasik, V., et al.: Breathing Movement Analysis for Adjustment of Radiotherapy Planning, in Advanced Topics in Intelligent Information and Database Systems. vol. 710, Krol, D., Nguyen, N. T., Shirai, K., Eds., ed, 2017, pp. 105–116.
- Araki, F., Moribe, N., Shimonobou, T., Yamashita, Y.: Dosimetric properties of radiophotoluminescent glass rod detector in high-energy photon beams from a linear accelerator and Cyber-Knife, Medical Physics, vol. 31, pp. 1980–1986, Jul 2004.
- Bogart, J. A.: Stereotactic body radiotherapy for poor-risk lung cancer: More cyber, less knife?, Cancer Journal, vol. 13, pp. 75–77, Mar–Apr 2007.
- Hudak, R., Zivcak, J., Toth, T., Majernik, J., Lisy, M.: Usage of Industrial Computed Tomography for Evaluation of Custom-Made Implants, in Applications of Computational Intelligence in Biomedical Technology. vol. 606, Bris, R., Majernik, J., Pancerz, K., Zaitseva, E., Eds., ed, 2016, pp. 29–45.
- Rashid, A., Mone, P., Sarfaraz, M.: Predicting late lung complications following lung tumor radiosurgery with cyber knife using biologically effective doses and normalized dose-surface histograms, Medical Physics, vol. 34, pp. 2482–2482, Jun 2007.
- Telka, E., Cieslak-Stec, M.: Use of the cyberk knife stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of lymph node in the ovarian folliculoma metastasis, International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, vol. 25, pp. 1511–1511, Oct 2015.
- Glavatskyi, O., Buryk, V. M. K., Kardash, A., Pylypas, O. P., Chebotaryova, T. I.: Usage of cyber knife hypofractionated radiosurgery in high grade gliomas complex treatment, Neuro-Oncology, vol. 16, Sep 2014.
- Mancini, M., Brignani, D., Conforto, S., Mauri, P., Miniussi, C., Pellicciari, M. C.: Assessing cortical synchronization during transcranial direct current stimulation: A graph-theoretical analysis, Neuroimage, vol. 140, pp. 57–65, Oct 2016.
- Cvek, J., Knybel, L., Molenda, L., Otahal, B., Jonszta, T., Czerny, D., et al.: A single reference measurement can predict liver tumor motion during respiration, Reports of Practical Oncology and Radiotherapy, vol. 21, pp. 278–283, May–Jun 2016.
- Cvek, J., Knybel, L., Skacelikova, E., Otahal, B., Havranek, O., Krhut, J., et al.: Ultrahypofractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy for Low-Intermediate Stage Prostate Cancer-Results From a Single Institution, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 96, pp. E246–E246, Oct 2016.
- Cvek, J., Knybel, L., Skacelikova, E., Stransky, J., Matousek, P., Zelenik, K., et al.: Hyperfractionated stereotactic reirradiation for recurrent head and neck cancer, Strahlentherapie Und Onkologie, vol. 192, pp. 40–46, Jan 2016.
- Xie, Y., Xing, L.: Intrafractional Motion of the Pancreas During Cyber Knife Radiation Therapy, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 81, pp. S789–S789, 2011.
- Lustig, R.: Use of Fractionation With Cyber Knife in Children: A Report of 5 Cases, Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, vol. 32, pp. 441–441, Aug 2010.
- Fariselli, L., De Santis, M., Broggi, G., Bergantin, A., Bianchi, L., Milanesi, I.: Peliminary results of newly diagnosis and recurrent high grade glioma treated with cyber knife radiosurgery, Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 84, pp. S294–S294, Sep 2007.
- Bassalow R., Rodebaugh, R.: Evaluation of six dosimetric indices for Cyber Knife stereotactic radiosurgery treatment planning, Medical Physics, vol. 33, pp. 2100–2100, Jun 2006.
- Knybel, L., Cvek, J., Molenda, L., Stieberova, N., Feltl, D.: Analysis of Lung Tumor Motion in a Large Sample: Patterns and Factors Influencing Precise Delineation of Internal Target Volume, International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 96, pp. 751–758, Nov 2016.
- Knybel, L., Cvek, J., Stieber, N., Molenda, L., Otahal, B., Feltl, D.: Analysis of Respiratory Movement of Lung Tumors on a Large Sample: Patterns and Factors Influencing Precise ITV Definition," International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 96, pp. S210–S210, Oct 2016.
- Kubicek, J., Penhaker, M., Feltl, D., Cvek, J.: Guidelines for modelling BED in simultaneous radiotherapy of two volumes: tpv(1) and tpv(2), in IEEE, 2013.
- Kasik, V., Cerny, M., Penhaker, M., Snášel, V., Novak, V., Pustkova, R.: Advanced CT and MR image processing with FPGA, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics) vol. 7435 LNCS, ed, 2012, pp. 787–793.
- Kasik, V., Penhaker, M., Duciuc, E., Korpas, D.: Influence of ionising radiation on intelligent electronic implantable devices, in IEEE 10th Jubilee International Symposium on Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics, SAMI 2012 - Proceed-ings, 2012, pp. 345–348.
- Grepl, J., Penhaker, M., Kubícek, J., Liberda, A., Selamat, A., Majerník, J., et al.: Real time breathing signal measurement: Current methods, IFAC-PapersOnLine, vol. 28, pp. 153–158, 2015.