1. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report April 27, 2001; 50(16);320–2, 331. Progress towards Global Poliomyelitis Eradication, 2000. 11465901
2. Global Polio Eradication Initiative. http://www.polioeradication.org/dataandmonitoring/poliothisweek.aspx Accessed 19th July 2016.
3. John TJ, Vashishtha VM. Eradicating poliomyelitis: India's journey from hyperendemic to polio-free status. Indian J Med Res. 2013; 137(5): 881–894. 23760372
4. Kew OM, Wright PF, Agol VI, Delpeyroux F, Shimizu H, Nathanson N et al. Circulating vaccine-derived polioviruses: current state of knowledge. Bull World Health Organ. 2004 Jan;82(1):16–23. 15106296
5. Morales M, Nnadi CD, Tangermann RH, Wassilak SG. Notes from the Field: Circulating Vaccine-Derived Poliovirus Outbreaks—Five Countries, 2014–2015. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Feb 12, 2016; 65(5):128–9 doi: 10.15585/mmwr.mm6505a5 26866942
6. Eradication Polio and Endgame Strategic Plan 2013–2018. http://www.polioeradication.org/Portals/0/Document/Resources/StrategyWork/PEESP_CH0_EN_US.pdf Accessed 19th July 2016.
7. Pons-Salort M, Molodecky NA, O’Reilly KM, Wadood MZ, Safdar RM, Etsano A, et al. Population immunity against serotype-2 poliomyelitis leading up to the global withdrawal of the oral poliovirus vaccine: Spatio-temporal modelling of surveillance data. PLoS Med 13(10): e1002140. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1002140.
8. Snider CJ, Diop OM, Burns CC, Tangermann RH, Wassilak SG. Surveillance Systems to Track Progress Toward Polio Eradication—Worldwide, 2014–2015. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016 Apr 8;65(13):346–51.
9. Thomassen YE, Bakker WA. sIPV process development for costs reduction. Vaccine. 2015 Aug 20;33(35):4307–12. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.03.076 25858858
10. Global Polio Eradication Initiative. Responding to a polio virus event and outbreak. http://www.polioeradication.org/Portals/0/Document/Resources/PolioEradicators/1a.PolioOutbreakGuideline201604part2.pdf. Accessed July 19th 2016.
11. The Global Polio Eradication Initiative. One Step Close to Eradication: the Withdrawal of Type Two Oral Polio Vaccine Complete. http://www.polioeradication.org/mediaroom/newsstories/One-Step-Close-to-Eradication--the-Withdrawal-of-Type-Two-Oral-Polio-Vaccine-Complete/tabid/526/news/1390/Default.aspx Accessed July 19th 2016.
12. The Global Polio Eradication Initiative. The Introduction of IPV, the OPV switch and risk mitigation. http://www.who.int/immunization/diseases/poliomyelitis/endgame_objective2/inactivated_polio_vaccine/Update_on_supply_constraints_for_IPV-APRIL2016.pdf. Accessed July 19th 2016.
13. Anand A, Zaman K, Estivarez CF, Yunus M, Gary HE, Weldon WC, et al. Early priming with inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) and intradermal fractional dose IPV by a microneedle device: A randomized controlled trial. Vaccine 2015; 33: 6816–6822. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.09.039 26476367
14. World Health Organisation Media Centre http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2016/nigeria-polio/en/ Accessed 22nd August 2016.