l. Cleland JGF, Daubert JC, Erdmann E et al (for CARE-HF Study investigators). The effect of cardiac resynchronization on morbidity and mortality in heart failure. N Engl J Med 2005; 352: 1539-1549.
2. Dries DL, Aarons D, Exner DV et al. Atrial fibrilation is associated with an increased risk for mortality and heart failure progression in patients with asymptomatic and symptomatic left ventricular dysfunction. A retrospective analysis of the SOLVD trials. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 32: 695-703.
3. Haissaguerre M, Jais P, Shah DC et al. Right and left atrial radiofrequency catheter therapy of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 1996; 7: 1132-1144.
4. Leclerq C, Walker S, Linde C et al. Comparative effects of permanent biventricular an right-univentricular pacing in heart failure patients with chronic atrial fibrillation. Eur Heart J 2002; 23: 1780-1787.
5. Maloney JD, Milner L, Barold S et al. Two-staged biatrial linear and focal ablation to restore sinus rhythm in patients with refractory chronic atrial fibrillation. Pacing Clin Electophysiol 1998; 21: 2527-2532.
6. Marrouche NF, Dresing T, Cole C et al. Circular maping and ablation of the pulmonary vein for treatment of atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2002; 40: 464-474.
7. Marrouche NF, Martin DO, Wazni O et al. Phased-Array intracardiac echocardiography monitoring during pulmonary vein isolation in patients with atrial fibrillation. Impact on outcome and complications. Circulation 2003; 107: 2710-2716.
8. Natale A, Saliba W, Cole C et al. Preliminary experience with circumferential mapping to guide isolation of the pulmonary veins in patients with atrial fibrillation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 37: 802-3.