1. Sandhu BK, Fell JM, Beattie RM, et al. Guidelines for the management of inflammatory bowel disease in children in the United Kingdom. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010; 50: S1–S13.
2. Wilson D, Thomas A, Croft N, et al. Systematic review of the evidence base for the medical treatment of paediatric inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010; 50: S14–S34.
3. Turner D, Levine A, Escher JC, et al. Management of pediatric ulcerative colitis: A Joint ECCO and ESPGHAN Evidence-Based Consensus Guidelines. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2012 Jul 4 [Epub ahead of print].
4. Turner D, Travis SP, Griffiths AM, et al. Consensus for managing acute severe ulcerative colitis in children: a systematic review and joint statement from ECCO, ESPGHAN, and the Porto IBD Working Group of ESPGHAN. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106 (4): 574–588.
5. Turner D, Mack D, Leleiko N, et al. Severe pediatric ulcerative colitis: a prospective multicenter study of outcomes and predictors of response. Gastroenterology 2010; 138 (7): 2282–2291.
6. Turner D, Griffiths AM. Acute severe ulcerative colitis in children: a systematic review. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2011; 17 (1): 440–449.
7. Bernstein CN, Fried M, Krabshuis JH, et al. World Gastroenterology Organization Practice Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of IBD in 2010. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2010; 16 (1): 112–124.
8. Van Assche G, Dignass A, Panes J, et al. The second European evidence-based Consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn’s disease: Definitions and diagnosis. J Crohns Colitis 2010; 4 (1): 7–27.
9. Dignass A, Van Assche G, Lindsay JO, et al. The second European evidence-based Consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn’s disease: Current management. J Crohns Colitis 2010; 4 (1): 28–62.
10. Van Assche G, Dignass A, Reinisch W, et al. The second European evidence-based Consensus on the diagnosis and management of Crohn’s disease: Special situations. J Crohns Colitis 2010; 4 (1): 63–101.
11. Stange EF, Travis SP, Vermeire S, et al. European evidence-based Consensus on the diagnosis and management of ulcerative colitis: Definitions and diagnosis. J Crohns Colitis 2008; 2 (1): 1–23.
12. Travis SP, Stange EF, Lemann M, et al. European evidence-based Consensus on the management of ulcerative colitis: Current management. J Crohns Colitis 2008; 2 (1): 24–62.
13. Biancone L, Michetti, P, Travis, S, et al. European evidence-based Consensus on the management of ulcerative colitis: Special situations. Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis 2008; 2: 63–92.
14. IBD Working Group of the European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. Inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents: recommendations for diagnosis – the Porto criteria. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2005; 41 (1): 1–7.
15. Levine A, Wilson DC, Turner D, et al. Diagnosis of inflammatory bowel disease in children and adolescents: The Revised Porto Criteria. V tisku.
16. de Bie CI, Buderus S, Sandhu BK, et al. Diagnostic workup of paediatric patients with inflammatory bowel disease in Europe: results of a 5-year audit of the EUROKIDS registry. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012; 54: 374–380.
17. van Limbergen J, Russell RK, Drummond HE, et al. Definition of phenotypic characteristics of childhood-onset inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology 2008; 135 (4): 1114–1122.
18. Levine A, de Bie CI, Turner D, et al. Atypical disease phenotypes in pediatric ulcerative colitis: 5-year analyses of the EUROKIDS Registry. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2012 May 8 [Epub ahead of print].
19. Bousvaros A, Antonioli DA, Colletti RB, et al. Differentiating ulcerative colitis from Crohn disease in children and young adults: report of a working group of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2007; 44 (5): 653–674.
20. Levine A, Griffiths A, Markowitz J, et al. Pediatric modification of the Montreal classification for inflammatory bowel disease: the Paris classification. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2011; 17 (6): 1314–1321.
21. Hyams JS, Ferry GD, Mandel FS, et al. Development and validation of a pediatric Crohn’s disease activity index. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1991; 12: 439–447.
22. Turner D, Otley AR, Mack D, et al. Development, validation, and evaluation of a pediatric ulcerative colitis activity index: a prospective multicenter study. Gastroenterology 2007; 133 (2): 423–432.
23. Turner D, Hyams J, Markowitz J, et al. Appraisal of the pediatric ulcerative colitis activity index (PUCAI). Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2009; 15 (8): 1218–1223.
24. Braegger C, Decsi T, Dias JA, et al. Practical approach to paediatric enteral nutrition: A comment by the ESPGHAN Committee on Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2010; 51 (1): 110–122.
25. Critch J, Day AS, Otley A, et al. Use of enteral nutrition for the control of intestinal inflammation in pediatric Crohn disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012; 54 (2): 298–305.
26. Andrews JM, Travis SPL, Gibson PR, Gasche C. Systematic review: does concurrent therapy with 5-ASA and immunomodulators in inflammatory bowel disease improve outcomes? Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2009; 29 (5): 459–469.
27. Timmer A, McDonald JW, Macdonald JK. Azathioprine and 6-mercaptopurine for maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis. Cochrane database of systematic reviews 1: CD000478, 2007.
28. Gisbert JP, Linares PM, McNicholl AG, et al. Meta-analysis: the efficacy of azathioprine and mercaptopurine in ulcerative colitis. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009; 30 (2): 126–137.
29. Yamamoto S, Nakase H, Matsuura M, et al. Tacrolimus therapy as an alternative to thiopurines for maintaining remission in patients with refractory ulcerative colitis. J Clin Gastroenterol 2011; 45 (6): 526–530.
30. Khan KJ, Dubinsky MC, Ford AC, et al. Efficacy of immunosuppressive therapy for inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106 (4): 630–642.
31. Sandborn WJ. A review of immune modifier therapy for inflammatory bowel disease: azathioprine, 6-mercaptopurine, cyclosporine, and methotrexate. Am J Gastroenterol 1996; 91 (3): 423–433.
32. Bortlík M, Ďuricová D, Kohout P, et al. Doporučení pro podávání biologické terapie u idiopatických střevních zánětů. 2. vyd. Gastroent Hepatol 2012; 66: 12–22.
33. Mahadevan U, Cucchiara S, Hyams JS, et al. The London Position Statement of the World Congress of Gastroenterology on Biological Therapy for IBD with the European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation: pregnancy and pediatrics. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106 (2): 214–223.
34. Hyams J, Crandall W, Kugathasan S, et al. Induction and maintenance infliximab therapy for the treatment of moderate-to-severe Crohn’s disease in children. Gastroenterology 2007; 132 (3): 863–873.
35. Hyams J, Walters TD, Crandall W, et al. Safety and efficacy of maintenance infliximab therapy for moderate-to-severe Crohn’s disease in children: REACH open-label extension. Curr Med Res Opin 2011; 27 (3): 651–662.
36. Hyams J, Damaraju L, Blank M, et al. Induction and maintenance therapy with Infliximab for children with moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2012; 10: 391–399.
37. Lawson MM, Thomas AG, Akobeng AK. Tumour necrosis factor alpha blocking agents for induction of remission in ulcerative colitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3: CD005112, 2006.
38. Afif W, Loftus EV Jr, Faubion WA, et al. Clinical utility of measuring infliximab and human anti-chimeric antibody concentrations in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2010; 105 (5): 1133–1139.
39. Russell RK, Wilson ML, Loganathan S, et al. A British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition survey of the effectiveness and safety of adalimumab in children with inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33 (8): 946–953.
40. Hyams J, Griffiths A, Markowitz J, et al. Induction and maintenance adalimumab therapy for the treatment of moderate to severe Crohn´s disease in children. 6th Congress of ECCO, Dublin, Ireland, 2011.
41. Rosh JR, Lerer T, Markowitz J, et al. Retrospective evaluation of the safety and effect of Adalimumab therapy (RESEAT) in pediatric Crohn’s disease. Am J Gastroenterol 2009; 104 (12): 3042–3049.
42. Heyman MB, Kirschner BS, Gold BD, et al. Children with early-onset inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): analysis of a pediatric IBD consortium registry. J Pediatr 2005; 146 (1): 35–40.
43. Ruemmele FM, El Khoury MG, Talbotec C, et al. Characteristics of inflammatory bowel disease with onset during the first year of life. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2006; 43 (5): 603–609.
44. Mamula P, Telega GW, Markowitz JE, et al. Inflammatory bowel disease in children 5 years of age and younger. Am J Gastroenterol 2002; 97: 2005–2010.
45. Khan KJ, Ullman TA, Ford AC, et al. Antibiotic therapy in inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Gastroenterol 2011; 106 (4): 661–673.
46. Naidoo K, Gordon M, Fagbemi AO, et al. Probiotics for maintenance of remission in ulcerative colitis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD007443, 2011.
47. Patel HI, Leichtner AM, Polodny AH, Shamberger RC. Surgery for Crohn disease in infants and children. J Pediatr Surg 1997; 32: 1063–1068.
48. Fraser JD, Garey CL, Laituri CA, et al. Outcome of laparoscopic and open total colectomy in the pediatric population. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 2010; 20 (7): 659–660.
49. Mattioli G, Pini-Prato A, Barabino A, et al. Laparoscopic approach for children with inflammatory bowel diseases. Pediatr Surg Int 2011; 27 (8): 839–846.
50. da Luz Moreira A, Kiran RP, Lavery I. Clinical outcomes of ileorectal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis. Br J Surg 2010; 97 (1): 65–69.
51. Gray BW, Drongowski RA, Hirschl RB, Geiger JD. Restorative proctocolectomy without diverting ileostomy in children with ulcerative colitis. J Pediatr Surg 2012; 47: 204–208.
52. Rahier JF, Ben-Horin S, Chowers Y, et al. European evidence-based Consensus on the prevention, diagnosis and management of opportunistic infections in inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis 2009; 3: 47–91.
53. De Greef E, Vandenplas Y, Veereman-Wauters G. Opportunistic infections in paediatric inflammatory bowel disease patients. Arch Dis Child 2012; 97 (1): 5–7.
54. Veereman-Wauters G, de Ridder L, Veres G, et al. Risk of infection and prevention in pediatric patients with IBD: ESPGHAN IBD Porto Group commentary. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012; 54 (6): 830–837.
55. Gasche Ch, Berstad A, Befrits R, et al. Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Iron Deficiency and Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Inflammatory Bowel Diseases 2007; 13 (12): 1545–1553.