1. Thomas J, Kostousov V, Teruya J. Bleeding and Thrombotic Complications in the Use of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2018 Feb; 44(1): 20–29.
2. Paniccia R, Priora R, Liotta AA, Abbate R. Platelet function tests: a comparative review. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 Feb 18; 11: 133–148.
3. Hayward CP, Harrison P, Cattaneo M, Ortel TL, Rao AK; Platelet Physiology Subcommittee of the Scientific and Standardization Committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. Platelet function analyzer (PFA)-100 closure time in the evaluation of platelet disorders and platelet function. J Thromb Haemost. 2006 Feb; 4(2): 312–319.
4. Favaloro EJ. Clinical utility of closure times using the platelet function analyzer-100/200. Am J Hematol. 2017 Apr; 92(4): 398–404.
5. Raman S, Silverman NA. Clinical utility of the platelet function analyzer (PFA-100) in cardiothoracic procedures involving extracorporeal circulation. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001 Jul; 122(1): 190–191.
6. Kottke-Marchant K, Powers JB, Brooks L, Kundu S, Christie DJ. The effect of antiplatelet drugs, heparin, and preanalytical variables on platelet function detected by the platelet function analyzer (PFA-100). Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 1999 Apr; 5(2): 122–130.
7. Slaughter TF, Sreeram G, Sharma AD, El-Moalem H, East CJ, Greenberg CS. Reversible shear-mediated platelet dysfunction during cardiac surgery as assessed by the PFA-100 platelet function analyzer. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2001 Mar; 12(2): 85–93.
8. Williams MS, Ng’alla LS. Heparin therapy leads to platelet activation and prolongation of PFA-100 closure time. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2005 Dec; 10(4): 273–280.
9. Sobel M, McNeill PM, Carlson PL, Kermode JC, Adelman B, Conroy R, et al. Heparin inhibition of von Willebrand factor-dependent platelet function in vitro and in vivo. J Clin Invest. 1991; 87(5): 1787–1793.
10. Kroner PA, Frey AB. Analysis of the structure and function of the von Willebrand factor A1 domain using targeted deletions and alanine-scanning mutagenesis. Biochemistry. 1996 Oct 15; 35(41): 13460–13468.
11. Griffin MJ, Rinder HM, Smith BR, Tracey JB, Kriz NS, Li CK, et al. The effects of heparin, protamine, and heparin/protamine reversal on platelet function under conditions of arterial shear stress. Anesth Analg. 2001 Jul; 93(1): 20–27.
12. Mikhailidis DP, Fonseca VA, Barradas MA, Jeremy JY, Dandona P. Platelet activation following intravenous injection of a conventional heparin: absence of effect with a low molecular weight heparinoid (Org 10172). Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1987 Oct; 24(4): 415–424.
13. Barradas MA, Mikhailidis DP, Dandona P. The effect of non-esterified fatty acids on vascular ADP-degrading enzyme activity. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1987 Jan-Feb; 3(1): 9–19.
14. Mikhailidis DP, Mikhailidis AM, Dandona P. Effect of human plasma proteins on stabilisation of platelet anti-aggregatory activity of prostacyclin. Ann Clin Biochem. 1982 Jul; 19(Pt 4): 241–244.
15. Jagroop IA, Mikhailidis DP. Heparin therapy leads to platelet activation and prolongation of platelet function analyser-100 closure time. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jun; 11(2): 156–157.
16. Durila M, Vajter J, Garaj M, Smetak T, Hedvicak P, Berousek J, et al. Acquired primary hemostasis pathology detected by platelet function analyzer 200 seen during extracorporeal membrane oxygenation is sufficient to prevent circuit thrombosis: A pilot study. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2020; 39(9): 980–982.