1. Bingham MJ, Ong TJ, Summer KH, et al. Physiologic function of the Wilson disease gene product, ATP7B. Am J Clin Nutr 1998; 67: 982S–987S.
2. Kodama H. Genetic disorders of copper metabolism. In: Chang LW. (ed.) Toxicology of Metals. New York: CRC Lewis Publishers 1996; 371–386.
3. Harris ED. Cellular copper transport and metabolism. Annu Rev Nutr 2000; 20: 291–310.
4. Ferenci P. Review article: diagnosis and current therapy of Wilson’s disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2004; 19: 157–165.
5. Medici V, Rossaro L, Sturniolo GC. Wilson disease-A practical approach to diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Dig Liver Dis 2007; 39: 601–609.
6. Medici V, Trevisan CP, D’Inca R et al. Diagnosis and management of Wilson’s disease: results of a single center experience. J Clin Gastroenterol 2006; 40: 936–941.
7. Liu M, Cohen EJ, Brewer GJ, et al. Kayser-Fleischer ring as the presenting sign of Wilson disease. Am J Ophthalmol 2002; 133: 832–834.
8. Vrabelova S, Letocha O, Borsky M, et al. Mutation analysis of the ATP7B gene and genotype/phenotype correlation in 227 patients with Wilson disease. Mol Genet Metab 2005; 86: 277–285.
9. Petrukhin K, Fischer SG, Pirastu M, et al. Mapping, cloning and genetic characterization of the region containing the Wilson disease gene. Nat Genet 1993; 5: 338–343.
10. Tanzi RE, Petrukhin K, Chernov I, et al. The Wilson disease gene is a copper transporting ATPase with homology to the Menkes disease gene. Nat Genet 1993; 5: 344–350.
11. Petrukhin K, Lutsenko S, Chernov I, et al. Characterization of the Wilson disease gene encoding a P-type copper transporting ATPase: genomic organization, alternative splicing, and structure/function predictions. Hum Mol Genet 1994; 3: 1647–1656.
12. Ferenci P. Regional distribution of mutations of the ATP7B gene in patients with Wilson disease: impact on genetic testing. Hum Genet 2006; 120: 151–159.
13. Payne AS, Kelly EJ, Gitlin JD. Functional expression of the Wilson disease protein reveals mislocalization and impaired copper-dependent trafficking of the common H1069Q mutation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998; 95: 10854–10859.
14. Gojova L, Jansova E, Kulm M, et al. Genotyping microarray as a novel approach for the detection of ATP7B gene mutations in patients with Wilson disease.Clin Gen 2008; 73: 441–452.
15. Gemignani F, Perra C, Landi S, et al. Reliable detection of beta-thalassemia and G6PD mutations by a DNA microarray. Clin Chem 2002; 48: 2051–2054.
16. Jaakson K, Zernant J, Kulm M, et al. Genotyping microarray (gene chip) for the ABCR (ABCA4) gene. Hum Mutat 2003; 22: 395–403.
17. Schrijver I, Oitmaa E, Metspalu A, et al. Genotyping microarray for the detection of more than 200 CFTR mutations in ethnically diverse populations. J Mol Diagn 2005; 7: 375–387.
18. Kurg A, Tonisson N, Georgiou I, et al. Arrayed primer extension: solid-phase four-color DNA resequencing and mutation detection technology. Genet Test 2000; 4: 1–7.
19. Zernant J, Kulm M, Dharmaraj S, et al. Genotyping microarray (disease chip) for Leber congenital amaurosis: detection of modifier alleles. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2005; 46: 3052–3059.
20. Cremers FP, Kimberling WJ, Kulm M, et al. Development of a genotyping microarray for Usher syndrome. J Med Genet 2007; 44: 153–160.
21. Tonisson N, Zernant J, Kurg A, et al. Evaluating the arrayed primer extension resequencing assay of TP53 tumor suppressor gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2002; 99: 5503–5508.
22. Shadrina M, Nikopensius T, Slominsky P, et al. Association study of sporadic Parkinson’s disease genetic risk factors in patients from Russia by APEX technology. Neurosci Lett 2006; 405: 212–216.
23. Curtis D, Durkie M, Balac P, et al. A study of Wilson disease mutations in Britain. Hum Mutat 1999; 14: 304–311.
24. Margarit E, Bach V, Gomez D, et al. Mutation analysis of Wilson disease in the Spanish population — identification of a prevalent substitution and eight novel mutations in the ATP7B gene. Clin Genet 2005; 68: 61–68.
25. Shah AB, Chernov I, Zhang HT, et al. Identification and analysis of mutations in the Wilson disease gene (ATP7B): population frequencies, genotype-phenotype correlation, and functional analyses. Am J Hum Genet 1997; 61: 317–328.
26. Gromadzka G, Schmidt HH, Genschel J, et al. Frameshift and nonsense mutations in the gene for ATPase7B are associated with severe impairment of copper metabolism and with an early clinical manifestation of Wilson’s disease. Clin Genet 2005; 68: 524–532.
27. Loudianos G, Dessi V, Lovicu M, et al. Molecular characterization of wilson disease in the Sardinian population—evidence of a founder effect. Hum Mutat 1999; 14: 294–303.
28. Firneisz G, Lakatos PL, Szalay F, et al. Common mutations of ATP7B in Wilson disease patients from Hungary. Am J Med Genet 2002; 108: 23–28.
29. Loudianos G, Dessi V, Lovicu M, et al. Mutation analysis in patients of Mediterranean descent with Wilson disease: identification of 19 novel mutations. J Med Genet 1999; 36: 833–836.