1. LimC, AlladaR (2013) Emerging roles for post-transcriptional regulation in circadian clocks. Nat Neurosci 16: 1544–1550.
2. HuangY, McNeilGP, JacksonFR (2014) Translational Regulation of the Doubletime/CKIdelta/epsilon Kinase by LARK Contributes to Circadian Period Modulation. PLoS Genet 10: e1004536 doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1004536
3. MorseD, MilosPM, RouxE, HastingsJW (1989) Circadian regulation of bioluminescence in Gonyaulax involves translational control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 86: 172–176.
4. LiuY, GarceauNY, LorosJJ, DunlapJC (1997) Thermally regulated translational control of FRQ mediates aspects of temperature responses in the Neurospora circadian clock. Cell 89: 477–486.
5. LimC, AlladaR (2013) ATAXIN-2 activates PERIOD translation to sustain circadian rhythms in Drosophila. Science 340: 875–879.
6. ZhangY, LingJ, YuanC, DubruilleR, EmeryP (2013) A role for Drosophila ATX2 in activation of PER translation and circadian behavior. Science 340: 879–882.
7. KojimaS, Sher-ChenEL, GreenCB (2012) Circadian control of mRNA polyadenylation dynamics regulates rhythmic protein expression. Genes Dev 26: 2724–2736.
8. JouffeC, CretenetG, SymulL, MartinE, AtgerF, et al. (2013) The circadian clock coordinates ribosome biogenesis. PLoS Biol 11: e1001455.
9. CaoR, AndersonFE, JungYJ, DziemaH, ObrietanK (2011) Circadian regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleus. Neuroscience 181: 79–88.
10. ReddyAB, KarpNA, MaywoodES, SageEA, DeeryM, et al. (2006) Circadian orchestration of the hepatic proteome. Curr Biol 16: 1107–1115.
11. HuangY, GenovaG, RobertsM, JacksonFR (2007) The LARK RNA-binding protein selectively regulates the circadian eclosion rhythm by controlling E74 protein expression. PLoS ONE 2: e1107.
12. HuangY, AinsleyJA, ReijmersLG, JacksonFR (2013) Translational profiling of clock cells reveals circadianly synchronized protein synthesis. PLoS Biol 11: e1001703.
13. ChiuJC, KoHW, EderyI (2011) NEMO/NLK phosphorylates PERIOD to initiate a time-delay phosphorylation circuit that sets circadian clock speed. Cell 145: 357–370.
14. KivimaeS, SaezL, YoungMW (2008) Activating PER repressor through a DBT-directed phosphorylation switch. PLoS Biol 6: e183.
15. FanJY, AgyekumB, VenkatesanA, HallDR, KeightleyA, et al. (2013) Noncanonical FK506-binding protein BDBT binds DBT to enhance its circadian function and forms foci at night. Neuron 80: 984–996.
16. LowreyPL, ShimomuraK, AntochMP, YamazakiS, ZemenidesPD, et al. (2000) Positional syntenic cloning and functional characterization of the mammalian circadian mutation tau. Science 288: 483–492.
17. KojimaS, MatsumotoK, HiroseM, ShimadaM, NaganoM, et al. (2007) LARK activates posttranscriptional expression of an essential mammalian clock protein, PERIOD1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104: 1859–1864.