1. Sun M, Thuret R, Abdollah F et al. Age-Adjusted Incidence, Mortality, and Survival Rates of Stage-Specific Renal Cell Carcinoma in North America: A Trend Analysis. Eur Urol 2011; 59(1): 135–141.
2. Chen DY, Uzzo RG. Evaluation and management of the renal mass. Med Clin North Am 2010; 95(1): 179–189.
3. Novick AC, Campbell SC, Belledegrun A et al. Guideline for management of the Clinical Stage 1 renal mass. 2009: cited 12/10/2010. Available from: <http:// www.auanet.org/content/media/renalmass09.pdf>
4. Hong K, Georgiades C. Radiofrequency ablation: mechanism of action and devices. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2010; 21 (8 Suppl): S179–186.
5. Schulman CC, Zlotta AR. Transurethral needle ablation of the prostate for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: early clinical experience. Urology 1995; 45(1): 28–33.
6. Zlotta AR, Raviv G, Peny MO et al. [A new method of cancer treatment: the use of radiofrequencies in urological tumors]. Acta Urol Belg 1996; 64(1): 1–5.
7. Zlotta AR, Wildschutz T, Raviv G et al. Radiofrequency interstitial tumor ablation (RITA) is a possible new modality for treatment of renal cancer: ex vivo and in vivo experience. J Endourol 1997; 11(4): 251–258.
8. Raman JD, Hall DW, Cadeddu JA. Renal ablative therapy: radiofrequency ablation and cryoablation. J Surg Oncol 2009; 100(8): 639–644.
9. Kader AK, Tamboli P, Luongo T et al. Cytoreductive nephrectomy in the elderly patient: the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center experience. J Urol 2007; 177(3): 855–860.
10. Roos FC, Pahernik S, Melchior SW et al. Renal tumour surgery in elderly patients. BJU Int 2008; 102(6): 680–683.
11. Takao T, Tsujimura A, Kiuchi H et al. Urological surgery in patients aged 80 years and older: a 30-year retrospective clinical study. Int J Urol 2008; 15(9): 789–793.
12. Roos FC, Hampel C, Thuroff JW. Renal cancer surgery in the elderly. Curr Opin Urol 2009; 19(5): 459–464.
13. Levinson AW, Su LM, Agarwal D et al. Long-term oncological and overall outcomes of percutaneous radio frequency ablation in high risk surgical patients with a solitary small renal mass. J Urol 2008; 180(2): 499–504.
14. McDougal WS, Gervais DA, McGovern FJ et al. Long-term followup of patients with renal cell carcinoma treated with radio frequency ablation with curative intent. J Urol 2005; 174(1): 61–63.
15. Pavlovich CP, Walther MM, Choyke PL et al. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of small renal tumors: initial results. J Urol 2002; 167(1): 10–15.
16. Hwang JJ, Walther MM, Pautler SE et al. Radiofrequency ablation of small renal tumors: intermediate results. J Urol 2004; 171(5): 1814–1818.
17. Park BK, Kim CK. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of renal tumors in patients with von Hippel-Lindau disease: preliminary results. J Urol 2010; 183(5): 1703–1707.
18. Krambeck AE, Farrell MA, Callstrom MR et al. Radiofrequency ablation of renal tumors in the solitary kidney. Can J Urol 2008; 15(4): 4163–4168.
19. Mylona S, Kokkinaki A, Pomoni M et al. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of renal cell carcinomas in patients with solitary kidney: 6 years experience. Eur J Radiol 2009; 69(2): 351–356.
20. Prevoo W, van den Munckhof MP, Meinhardt W et al. Radiofrequency ablation of kidney tumours in patients with a solitary kidney. Clin Radiol 2010; 65(3): 230–236.
21. Raman JD, Raj GV, Lucas SM et al. Renal functional outcomes for tumours in a solitary kidney managed by ablative or extirpative techniques. BJU Int 2010; 105(4): 496–500.
22. Raman JD, Thomas J, Lucas SM et al. Radiofrequency ablation for T1a tumors in a solitary kidney: promising intermediate oncologic and renal function outcomes. Can J Urol 2008; 15(2): 3980–3985.
23. Syvanthong C, Wile GE, Zagoria RJ. Effect of radiofrequency ablation of renal tumors on renal function in patients with a solitary kidney. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2007; 188(6): 1619–1621.
24. Matevossian E, Novotny A, Vogelsang B et al. Noninvasive therapy of incidental de novo renal cell carcinoma in a kidney allograft 12 years after transplantation: report of a case and review of literature. Transplant Proc 2008; 40(4): 915–917.
25. Veltri A, Grosso M, Castagneri F et al. Radiofrequency thermal ablation of small tumors in transplanted kidneys: an evolving nephron-sparing option. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2009; 20(5): 674–679.
26. Aron M, Hegarty NJ, Remer E et al. Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation of tumor in transplanted kidney. Urology 2007; 69(4): 778 e5–7.
27. Baughman SM, Sexton WJ, Glanton CW et al. Computerized tomography guided radio frequency ablation of a renal cell carcinoma within a renal allograft. J Urol 2004; 172 (4 Pt 1): 1262–1263.
28. Charboneau JW, O'Loughlin MT, Milliner DS et al. Sonographically guided percutaneous radio frequency ablation of a renal cell carcinoma in a transplanted kidney. J Ultrasound Med 2002; 21(11): 1299–1302.
29. Goeman L, Joniau S, Oyen R et al. Percutaneous ultrasound-guided radiofrequency ablation of recurrent renal cell carcinoma in renal allograft after partial nephrectomy. Urology 2006; 67(1): 199.
30. Kozma V, Vegso GY, Deak PA et al. Radiofrequency ablation of an intercalyceal neoplasm in a transplanted kidney using percutaneous nephrostomy for cooling – safety and early result. Interv Med Appl Sci 2010: 2: 37–41.
31. Flanigan RC, Salmon SE, Blumenstein BA et al. Nephrectomy followed by interferon alfa-2b compared with interferon alfa-2b alone for metastatic renal-cell cancer. N Engl J Med 2001; 345(23): 1655–1659.
32. Mickisch GH, Garin A, van Poppel H et al. Radical nephrectomy plus interferon-alfa-based immunotherapy compared with interferon alfa alone in metastatic renal-cell carcinoma: a randomised trial. Lancet 2001; 358(9286): 966–970.
33. Sun M, Lughezzani G, Perrotte P et al. Treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Nat Rev Urol 2010; 7(6): 327–338.
34. Karam JA, Ahrar K, Wood CG et al. Radio frequency ablation of renal tumors in patients with meta-static renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 2010; 184(5): 1882–1887.
35. Krambeck AE, Leibovich BC, Lohse CM et al. The role of nephron sparing surgery for metastatic (pM1) renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 2006; 176(5): 1990–1995.
36. Stern JM, Gupta A, Raman JD et al. Radiofrequency ablation of small renal cortical tumours in healthy adults: renal function preservation and intermediate oncological outcome. BJU Int 2009: 104(6); 786–789.
37. Kirkham AP, Ho SG, Paterson RF et al. Treatment of a juxtaglomerular tumour with radiofrequency ablation. Urology 2008; 71(1): 168 e1–4.
38. Brown SD, Vansonnenberg E, Morrison PR et al. CT-guided radiofrequency ablation of pediatric Wilms tumor in a solitary kidney. Pediatr Radiol 2005; 35(9): 923–928.
39. Zagoria RJ. Percutaneous image-guided radiofrequency ablation of renal malignancies. Radiol Clin North Am 2003: 41: 1067–1075.