1. Bruley des Varannes S, Coron E, Galmiche JP. Short and long-term PPI treatment for GERD. Do we need more-potent anti-secretory drugs? Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 2010; 24: 905–921.
2. van Pinxteren B, Sigterman KE, Bonis P et al. Short-term treatment with proton pump inhibitors, H2-receptor antagonists and prokinetics for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease-like symptoms and endoscopy negative reflux disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; 11: CD002095.
3. Tosetti C, Bellentani S, Benedetto E et al. The management of patients with new onset of upper gastro-intestinal symptoms in primary care. Dig Liver Dis 2010; 42: 860–864.
4. Tighe MP, Afzal NA, Bevan A et al. Current pharmacological management of gastro-esophageal reflux in children: an evidence-based systematic review. Paediatr Drugs 2009; 11: 185–202.
5. Koshino K, Adachi K, Furuta K et al. Effects of mosapride on esophageal functions and gastroesophageal reflux. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 25: 1066–1071.
6. Bredenoord AJ. New therapies for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 2010; 56: 129–138.
7. Ponce J, Mearin F, Ponce M et al. Symptom profile in gastroesophageal reflux disease in untreated patients and those with persistent symptoms despite treatment. Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 33: 271–279.
8. Donnellan C, Preston C, Moayyedi P et al. WITHDRAWN: Medical treatments for the maintenance therapy of reflux oesophagitis and endoscopic negative reflux disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; 2: CD003245.
9. Miwa H, Inoue K, Ashida K et al. Japan TREND study group. Randomised clinical trial: efficacy of the addition of a prokinetic, mosapride citrate, to omeprazole in the treatment of patients with non-erosive reflux disease – a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33: 323–332.
10. Futagami S, Iwakiri K, Shindo T et al. The prokinetic effect of mosapride citrate combined with omeprazole therapy improves clinical symptoms and gastric emptying in PPI-resistant NERD patients with delayed gastric emptying. J Gastroenterol 2010; 45: 413–421.
11. Hammer HF. Reflux-associated laryngitis and laryngopharyngeal reflux: a gastroenterologist’s point of view. Dig Dis 2009; 27: 14–17.
12. Mirbagheri SA, Sadeghi A, Amouie M et al. Pyloric injection of botulinum toxin for the treatment of refractory GERD accompanied with gastroparesis: a preliminary report. Dig Dis Sci 2008; 53: 2621–2626.
13. Ciovica R, Riedl O, Neumayer C et al. The use of medication after laparoscopic antireflux surgery. Surg Endosc 2009; 23: 1938–1946.
14. Kandulski A, Venerito M, Malfertheiner P. Therapeutic strategies for the treatment of dyspepsia. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2010; 11: 2517–2525.
15. Brun R, Kuo B. Functional dyspepsia. Therap Adv Gastroenterol 2010; 3: 145–164.
16. Miwa H, Watari J, Fukui H et al. Pathogenesis and management of functional dyspepsia. Nippon Rinsho 2010; 68: 1391–1401.
17. Miyamoto M, Manabe N, Haruma K. Efficacy of the addition of prokinetics for proton pump inhibitor (PPI) resistant non-erosive reflux disease (NERD) patients: significance of frequency scale for the symptom of GERD (FSSG) on decision of treatment strategy. Intern Med 2010; 49: 1469–1476.
18. Holtmann G, Gapasin J. Failed therapy and directions for the future in dyspepsia. Dig Dis 2008; 26: 218–224.
19. Gasbarrini G, Merra G, Candelli M et al. Evaluation of gastric emptying and gastrointestinal symptoms in dyspeptic patients before and after hydropinic therapy. Recenti Prog Med 2010; 101: 389–392.
20. Tack J, Blondeau K, Boecxstaens V et al. Review article: the pathophysiology, differential diagnosis and management of rumination syndrome. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2011; 33: 782–788.
21. Al Samaraee A, McCallum IJ, Coyne PE et al. Nutritional strategies in severe acute pancreatitis: a systematic review of the evidence. Surgeon 2010; 8: 105–110.
22. Grundmann O, Yoon SL. Irritable bowel syndrome: epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment: an update for health-care practitioners. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2010; 25: 691–699.
23. Barkun AN, Bardou M, Martel M et al. Prokinetics in acute upper GI bleeding: a meta-analysis. Gastrointest Endosc 2010; 72: 1138–1145.
24. Ducrotté P. Abdominal bloating: an up-to-date. Gastroenterol Clin Biol 2009; 33 (10–11 Suppl): F94–F100.
25. Bielefeldt K, Raza N, Zickmund SL. Different faces of gastroparesis. World J Gastroenterol 2009; 15: 6052–6060.
26. Keller GA, Ponte ML, Di Girolamo G. Other drugs acting on nervous system associated with QT-interval prolongation. Curr Drug Saf 2010; 5: 105–111.
27. Ionescu D, Iancu C, Ion D et al. Implementing fast-track protocol for colorectal surgery: a prospective randomized clinical trial. World J Surg 2009; 33: 2433–2438.
28. Cresi F, Marinaccio C, Russo MC et al. Short-term effect of domperidone on gastroesophageal reflux in newborns assessed by combined intraluminal impedance and pH monitoring. J Perinatol 2008; 28: 766–770.
29. Kashyap P, Farrugia G. Diabetic gastroparesis: what we have learned and had to unlearn in the past 5 years. Gut 2010; 59: 1716–1726.
30. Reddymasu SC, McCallum RW. Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in gastroparesis: are there any predictors? J Clin Gastroenterol 2010; 44: e8–e13.
31. Gupta A, Dhiman RK, Kumari S et al. Role of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and delayed gastrointestinal transit time in cirrhotic patients with minimal hepatic encephalopathy. J Hepatol 2010; 53: 849–855.
32. Shaikh N, Kettern MA, Hanssens Y et al. A rare and unsuspected complication of Clostridium difficile infection. Intensive Care Med 2008; 34: 963–966.
33. Reddymasu SC, Lin Z, Sarosiek I et al. Efficacy of gastric electrical stimulation in improving functional vomiting in patients with normal gastric emptying. Dig Dis Sci 2010; 55: 983–987.
34. Lanuti M, Dedelva P, Morse CR et al. Management of Delayed Gastric Emptying After Esophagectomy With Endoscopic Balloon Dilatation of the Pylorus. Ann Thorac Surg 2011; 91: 1019–1024.
35. Bishop S, Young H, Goldsmith D et al. Bowel motions in critically ill patients: a pilot observational study. Crit Care Resusc 2010; 12: 182–185.
36. Lam HS, Ng PC. Use of prokinetics in the preterm infant. Curr Opin Pediatr 2011; 23: 156–160.
37. Fujii T, Nakabayashi T, Hashimoto S et al. Successful perioperative management of patients with Parkinson’s disease following gastrointestinal surgery: report of three cases. Surg Today 2009; 39: 807–810.
38. Keeley PW. Nausea and vomiting in people with cancer and other chronic diseases. Clin Evid (Online) 2009; pii: 2406.
39. Min BH, Son HJ, Kim JJ et al. Idiopathic proximal hemimegacolon: radiologic findings and analyses of clinical and physiological characteristics. Abdom Imaging 2010; 35: 291–295.
40. Di Saverio S, Catena F, Ansaloni L et al. Water-soluble contrast medium (gastrografin) value in adhesive small intestine obstruction (ASIO): a prospective, randomized, controlled, clinical trial. World J Surg 2008; 32: 2293–2304.
41. Almeida N, Figueiredo P, Freire P et al. The effect of metoclopramide in capsule enteroscopy. Dig Dis Sci 2010; 55: 153–157.
42. Chourasia D, Misra A, Pandey R et al. Gastric atrophy and intestinal metaplasia in a patient on long-term proton pump inhibitor therapy. Trop Gastroenterol 2008; 29: 172–174.
43. Postgate A, Tekkis P, Patterson N et al. Are bowel purgatives and prokinetics useful for small-bowel capsule endoscopy? A prospective randomized controlled study. Gastrointest Endosc 2009; 69: 1120–1128.
44. Tack J. Prokinetics and fundic relaxants in upper functional GI disorders. Curr Opin Pharmacol 2008; 8: 690–696.
45. Taylor SJ, Manara AR, Brown J. Treating delayed gastric emptying in critical illness: metoclopramide, erythromycin, and bedside (cortrak) nasointestinal tube placement. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2010; 34: 289–294.
46. Kim KH, Kim TH, Choi JY et al. Acupuncture for symptomatic relief of gastroparesis in a diabetic haemodialysis patient. Acupunct Med 2010; 28: 101–103.
47. Arai K, Takeuchi Y, Watanabe H et al. Prokinetics influence the pharmacokinetics of rabeprazole. Digestion 2008; 78: 67–71.
48. Lee TH, Choi JJ, Kim DH et al. Gastroprokinetic effects of DA-9701, a new prokinetic agent formulated with Pharbitis Semen and Corydalis Tuber. Phytomedicine 2008; 15: 836–843.
49. Takanashi H, Cynshi O. Motilides: a long and winding road: lessons from mitemcinal (GM-611) on diabetic gastroparesis. Regul Pept 2009; 155: 18–23.