1. Kirst HA, Thompson DG, Nicas TI. Historical yearly usage of vancomycin. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother 1998; 42: 1303–1307.
2. Bailic GR, Neal D. Vancomycin ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity. A review. Medical toxikology and averse drug experience 1998; 3: 376–386.
3. Cunha BA. Vancomycin. Med. Clin N Am 1995; 79: 817–831.
4. Frimat L. Renal failure due to vancomycin alone. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation 1995; 10: 550–551.
5. Rybak M, Lombaestro B, Rotschafer JC, et al. Therapeutic monitoring of vancomycin in adult patients: A consensus reviw of the American Society of Health sytem Pharmacists, the infectious diseases society of America, and the society of infectious diseases pharmacists. Am J Health System Pharm 2009; 66: 82–98.
6. Tobin CM, Darville JM, Tomson AH, et al. Vancomycin therapeutic drug monitoring : Is there a consensus view? The results of a UK National External Quality Assessment Scheme (UK NEQAS) for antibiotic assays questionnaire. J Antimicrob Chemother 2002; 50: 713–718.
7. Payne CJ, Carmichael SJ, Stearns AT, et al. Vancomycin Continuous Infusion as Prophylaxis for Vascular Surgery Ther Drug Monit 2009; 31: 786–788.
8. Jeffres MN, Isakow W, Dohert JA, Micek ST, Kollef MH. A retrospective analysis of possible renal toxicity associated with vancomycin in patients with heathcare-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia. Clin Ther 2007; 29: 1107–1115.
9. Vance-Bryan K, Rotschafer JC, Gilliland SS, Rodvold KA, Fitzgerald CM, Guay DR. A comparative assessment of vancomycin-associated nephrotoxicity in the young versus the elderly hospitalized patient. J Antimicrob Chemother 1994; 33: 811–821.
10. Hermsen Ed, Hanson M, Sankaranarayanan J, et al. Clinical outcomes and nephrotoxicity associated with vancomycin trough concentrations during treatment of deep-seated infections. Expert Opin Drug Saf 2010; 9: 9–14.
11. Revilla A, López J, Vilacosta I, et al. Clinical and prognostic profile of patients with infective endocarditis who need urgent surgery. Eur Heart J 2007; 28: 65–71.
12. Levy JH, Marty AT. Vancomycin and averse drug reactions. Crit Care Med 1993; 21: 1107–1108.
13. Jariyawat S, Sekine T, Tekeda M, Apiwattanakul N, et al. The interaction and transport of ß-lactam antibiotics with the cloned rat renal organic anion transporter 1 JEPT 1999; 290: 672–677.
14. Rhee KY, Gardiner DF, Charles M. Decreasing in vitro susceptibility of clinical Staphylococcus aureus isolates to vancomycin at the New York Hospital: quantitative testing redux. Clin Infect Dis 2005; 40: 1705–1706.
15. Steinkraus G, White R, Friedrich L. Vancomycin MIC creep in non-vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (VISA), vancomycin-susceptible clinical methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) blood islolates from 2001–2005. J Antimicrob Chemother 2007; 60: 788–794.
16. Wang G, Hindler JF, Ward KW, Bruckner DA. Increasing vancomycin MICs for Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates from a university hospital during a 5-year period. J Clin Microbiol 2006; 44: 3883–3886.
17. Hidayat LK, Hsu DI, Quist R, Shriner KA, Wong-Beringer A. High-dose vancomycin therapy for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections: efficacy and toxicity. Arch Intern Med 2006; 166: 2138–2144.
18. Rybak MJ. The pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of vancomycin. Clin Infect Dis 2006; 42: S35–S39.
19. Forouzesh A, Moise PA, Sakoulas G. Vancomycin ototoxicity: a Reevaluation in an era of increasing doses Antimicrob Agents and Chemother 2009; 53: 483–486.
20. MacGowan AP. Pharmacodynamics, Pharmacokinetics, and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of Glycopeptides. Ther Drug Monit 1998; 20: 473–477.
21. Lodise TP, Patel N, Lomaestro BM, Rodvold KA, Drusano GL. Relationship between initial vancomycin concentration-time profile and nephrotoxicity among hospitalized patients. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 49: 507–514.
22. Walraven CJ, North MS, Marr-Lyon L, Deming P, Sakoulas G, Mercier RC. Site of infection rather than vancomycin MIC predicts vancomycin treatment failure in methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia. J Antimicrob Chemother 2011; 66: 2386–2392.