1. Leve JH, Islas JA, Ghia JN, Turnbull C. A retrospective study of the incidence and caues of failed spinal anesthetics in a university hospital. Anesth Analg. 1985;64:705–710.
2. Munhall RJ, Sukhani R, Winnie AP. Incidence and etiology of failed spinal anesthetics in a university hospital. Anesth Analg. 1988;67:843–848.
3. Fuzier R, Bataille B, Fuzier V, Richez AS, Maguès JP, Choquet O, Montastruc JL, Lapeyre-Mestre M. Spinal anesthesia failure after local anesthetic injection into cerebrospinal fluid: a multicenter prospective analysis of its incidence and related risk factors in 1214 patients. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011;36:322–326.
4. Kinsella SM. A prospective audit of regional anaesthesia failure in 5080 Caesarean sections. Anaesthesia. 2008 Aug;63:822–832.
5. Harten JM, Boyne I, Hannah P, Varveris D, Brown A. Effects of height and weight adjusted dose of local anaesthetic for spinal anaesthesia for elective Caesarean section. Anaesthesia. 2005;60:348–353.
6. Crone W. Failed spinal anesthesia with the Sprotte needle. Anesthesiology. 1991;75:717–718.
7. Hirabayashi Y, Fukuda H, Saitoh K, Inoue S, Mitsuhata H, Shimizu R. Failed spinal anaesthesia: cause identified by MRI. Can J Anaesth. 1996;43:1072–1075.
8. Brown DL(1), Winnie AP. Biography of Louis Gaston Labat, M.D. Reg Anesth. 1992 Sep-Oct;17:249–262.