1. North American Symptomatic Carotid Endarterectomy Collaborators. Beneficial effect of carotid endarterectomy in symptomatic patients with high-grade carotid stenosis. N Engl J Med 1991; 325(7): 445–453.
2. Executive Committee for the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study. Endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis. JAMA 1995; 273(18): 1421–1428.
3. Go AS, Mozaffarian D, Roger VL et al. American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Executive summary: heart disease and stroke statistics – 2013 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2013; 127(1): 143–152.
4. Brott TG, Halperin JL, Abbara S et al. American College of Cardiology Foundation; American Stroke Association; American Association of Neurological Surgeons; American College of Radiology; American Society of Neuroradiology; Congress of Neurological Surgeons; Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention; Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions; Society of Interventional Radiology; Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery; Society for Vascular Medicine; Society for Vascular Surgery. 2011 ASA/ACCF/AHA/AANN/AANS/ACR/ASNR/CNS/SAIP/SCAI/SIR/SNIS/SVM/SVS guideline on the management of patients with extracranial carotid and vertebral artery disease: executive summary. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, and the American Stroke Association, American Association of Neuroscience Nurses, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, American College of Radiology, American Society of Neuroradiology, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery, Society for Vascular Medicine, and Society for Vascular Surgery. Circulation. 2011; 124(4): 489–532. Erratum in Circulation. 2011; 124(4): e145. Dosage error in article text. Dostupné z DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31820d8d78.
5. Carmo GA, Calderaro D, Gualandro DM et al. Carotid stenosis management: a review for the internist. Intern Emerg Med 2014; 9(2):133–142.
6. Constantinou J, Jayia P, Hamilton G Best evidence for medical therapy for carotid artery stenosis. J Vasc Surg 2013; 58(4): 1129–1139.
7. Silver FL, Mackey A, Clark WM et al. CREST Investigators. Safety of stenting and endarterectomy by symptomatic status in the Carotid Revascularization Endarterectomy Versus Stenting Trial (CREST). Stroke 2011; 42(3): 675–680.
8. Endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis. Executive Committee for the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study. JAMA 1995; 273(18): 1421–1428.
9. Halliday A, Harrison M, Hayter E et al. Asymptomatic Carotid Surgery Trial (ACST) Collaborative Group. 10-year stroke prevention after successful carotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic stenosis (ACST-1): a multicentre randomised trial. Lancet 2010; 376(9746): 1074–1084.
10. Ricotta JJ, Aburahma A, Ascher E et al. Society for Vascular Surgery. Updated Society for Vascular Surgery guidelines for management of extracranial carotid disease: executive summary. J Vasc Surg 2011; 54(3): 832–836.
11. Brott TG, Hobson RW 2nd, Howard G et al. CREST Investigators. Stenting versus endarterectomy for treatment of carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 2010; 363(1): 11–23.
12. Gurm HS, Yadav JS, Fayad P et al. SAPPHIRE Investigators. Long-term results of carotid stenting versus endarterectomy in high-risk patients. N Engl J Med 2008; 358(15): 1572–1579.
13. Guzman RP, Weighell W, Guzman C et al. Female sex does not influence 30-day stroke and mortality rates after carotid endarterectomy. Ann Vasc Surg 2014; 28(1): 245–252.
14. Pol RA, Reijnen MM, Lont M et al. Safety and efficacy of carotid endarterectomy in octogenarians. Ann Vasc Surg 2013; 27(6): 736–742.
15. Kfoury E, Leng D, Hashemi H et al. Cardiac morbidity of carotid endarterectomy using regional anesthesia is similar to carotid stent angioplasty. Vasc Endovascular Surg 2013; 47(8): 599–602.
16. Marrocco-Trischitta MM, Cremona G, Lucini D et al. Peripheral baroreflex and chemoreflex function after eversion carotid endarterectomy. J Vasc Surg 2013; 58(1): 136–144.
17. Millon A, Mathevet JL, Boussel L et al. High-resolution magnetic resonance imaging of carotid atherosclerosis identifies vulnerable carotid plaques. J Vasc Surg 2013; 57(4): 1046–1051.
18. Gupta A, Baradaran H, Kamel H et al. Intraplaque high-intensity signal on 3D time-of-flight MR angiography is strongly associated with symptomatic carotid artery stenosis. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2014; 35(3): 557–561.
19. Anzidei M, Napoli A, Zaccagna F et al. Diagnostic accuracy of colour Doppler ultrasonography, CT angiography and blood-pool-enhanced MR angiography in assessing carotid stenosis: a comparative study with DSA in 170 patients. Radiol Med 2012; 117(1): 54–71.
20. Truijman MT, Kooi ME, van Dijk AC et al. Plaque At RISK (PARISK): prospective multicenter study to improve diagnosis of high-risk carotid plaques. Int J Stroke 2014; 9(6):747–754.
21. O’Brien M, Chandra A. Carotid revascularization: risks and benefits. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2014; 10: 403–416.