1. Beck J, Schwarzer A, Gläser D, et al. Lenalidomide in combination with bendamustine and prednisolone in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: results of a phase 2 clinical trial (OSHO-#077). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2017;143:2545–2553.
2. Berdeja JG, Bauer T, Arrowsmith E, et al. Phase II study of bendamustine, bortezomib and dexamethasone (BBD) in the first-line treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who are not candidates for high dose chemotherapy. Br J Haematol 2017;177:254–262.
3. Berenson JR, Yellin O, Bessudo A, et al. Phase I/II trial assessing bendamustine plus bortezomib combination therapy for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Brit J Haematol 2013;160:321–330.
4. Bremer K. High rates of long-lasting remissions after 5-day bendamustine chemotherapy cycles in pre-treated low-grade non-Hodgkin´s-lymphomas. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2002;128:603–609.
5. Fenk R, Michael M, Zohren F, et al. Escalation therapy with bortezomib, dexamethasone and bendamustine for patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Leuk Lymphoma 2007;48:2345–2351.
6. Gentilini F, Brunetti G, Finsinger P, et al. Bendamustine and dexamethasone are an effective salvage regimen for patients with advanced multiple myeloma in a home care unit program. Leuk Lymphoma 2016;57:1716–1718.
7. Grey-Davies E, Bosworth JL, Boyd KD, et al. Bendamustine, thalidomide and dexamethasone is an effective salvage regimen for advanced stage multiple myeloma. Br J Haematol 2012;156:552–555.
8. Kim SJ, Bang SM, Choi YS, et al. Bendamustine in heavily pre-treated multiple myeloma patients: Results of a retrospective analysis from the Korean multiple myeloma working party. Blood Res 2016;51:193–199.
9. Knop S, Straka Ch, Haen M, et al. The efficacy and toxicity of bendamustine in recurrent multiple myeloma after high-dose chemotherapy. Haematologica 2005;90:1287–1288.
10. Kumar SK, Krishnan A, LaPlant B, et al. Bendamustine, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone (BRD) is highly effective with durable responses in relapsed multiple myeloma. Am J Hematol 2015;90:1106–1110.
11. Lau IJ, Smith D, Aitchison R, et al. Bendamustine in combination with thalidomide and dexamethasone is a viable salvage option in myeloma relapsed and/or refractory to bortezomib and lenalidomide. Ann Hematol 2015;94:643–649.
12. Lentsch S, O´Sullivan A, Kennedy RC, et al. Combination of bendamustine, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone (BLD) in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma is feasible and highly effective: results of phase 1/2 open-label, dose escalation study. Blood 2012;119:4608–4613.
13. Leoni LM, Bailey B, Reifert J, et al. Bendamustine displays a distinct pattern of cytotoxicity and unique mechanistic features compared with other alkylating agents. Clin Cancer Res 2008;14:309–317.
14. Leoni LM, Hartley JA. Mechanism of action: the unique pattern of bendamustine-induced cytotoxicity. Semin Hematol 2011;48:12–23.
15. Ludwig H, Kasparu H, Leitgeb C, et al. Bendamustine-bortezomib-dexamethasone is an active and well tolerated regimen in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Blood 2014;123:985–991.
16. Martino M, Tripepi G, Messina G, et al. A phase II, single-arm, prospective study of bendamustine plus melphalan conditioning for second autologous stem cell transplantation in de novo multiple myeloma patients through a tandem transplant strategy. Bone Marrow Transplant 2016;51:1197–1203.
17. Mateos MV, Oriol A, Rosinol L, et al. Bendamustine, bortezomib and prednisone for the treatment of patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: results of a prospective phase 2 Spanish/PETHEMA trial. Haematologica 2015;100:1096–1102.
18. Offidani M, Corvatta L, Maracci L, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of bendamustine, bortezomib and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed-refractory multiple myeloma: a phase II study. Blood Cancer J 2013;3:e162.
19. Ozegowski W, Krebs D. IMET 3393, (-[1-methyl-5-bis(2-chloroethyl)-amino-benzimidazolyl-(2)]-butyric acid hydrochloride, a new cytostatic agent from among the series of benzimidazole mustard compounds. Zbl Pharm 1971;11:1013–1019.
20. Pozzi S, Gentile M, Sacchi S, et al. Bendamustine, low-dose dexamethasone, and lenalidomide (BdL) for the treatment of patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma confirms very promising results in a phase I/II study. Leuk Lymphoma 2017;58:552–559.
21. Pönisch W, Mitrou PS, Merkle K, et al. Treatment of bendamustine and prednisone in patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma results in superior complete response rate, prolonged time to treatment failure and improved quality of life compared to treatment with melphalan and prednisone: a randomized phase III study of the East German Study Group of Hematology and Oncology (OSHO). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2006;132:205–212.
22. Pönisch W, Rozanski M, Goldschmidt H, et al. Combined bendamustine, prednisolone and thalidomide for refractory or relapsed multiple myeloma after autologous stem-cell transplantation or conventional chemotherapy: results of a phase I clinical trial. Br J Haematol 2008;143:191–200.
23. Pönisch W, Bourgeois M, Moll B, et al. Combined bendamustine, prednisone and bortezomib (BPV) in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2013;139:499–508.
24. Rodon P, Hulin C, Pegourie B, et al. Phase II study of bendamustine, bortezomib and dexamethasone as second-line treatment for elderly patients with multiple myeloma: the Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome 2009-01 trial. Haematologica 2015 Feb;100(2):e56–59.
25. Schey S, Brown SR, Tillotson AL, et al. Bendamustine, thalidomide and dexamethasone combination therapy for relapsed/refractory myeloma patients: results of the MUKone randomized dose selection trial. Brit J Haematol 2015;170:336–348.
26. Stöhr E, Schmeel FC, Schmeel LC, et al. Bendamustine in heavily pre-treated patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2015;141:2205–2212.
27. Tageja N. Bendamustine: Safety and efficacy in the management of indolent Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Clin Med Insights Oncol 2011;5:145–156.
28. Tessenow H, Holzvogt M, Holzvogt B, et al. Successful treatment of patients with newly diagnosed/untreated light chain multiple myeloma with a combination of bendamustine, prednisone and bortezomib (BPV). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2017;143:2049–2058.
29. Yalnız FF, Akkoç N, Salihoğlu A, et al. Clinical outcomes related to the use of bendamustine therapy for multiple myeloma patients relapsed/refractory to immunomodulatory drugs and proteasome inhibitors. Turk J Haematol 2017;34:233–238.
30. Yong KL, Williams CD, Davies FE, et al. Identifying an optimally effective but tolerable dose of bendamustine in combination with thalidomide and dexamethasone in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma. Blood 2013;122:286.
31. Ziske C, Knauf W, Cathomas R, et al. Bendamustine, lenalidomide and dexamethasone (BRd) has high activity as 2(nd)-line therapy for relapsed and refraktory multiple myeloma - a phase II trial. Br J Haematol 2017;176:770–782.
32. Zwickl H, Zwickl-Traxler E, Pecherstorfer M. A single-center retrospective analysis of first-line therapy of multiple myeloma with bendamustine-bortezomib-dexamethasone. Leuk Lymphoma 2016;57:2065–2070.