1. MillerM (31 January 2013) Latest figures confirms Cambridgeshire as cycling capital. Cambridgeshire County Council Available: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/CMSWebsite/Apps/News/Details.aspx?ref=862. Accessed 28 May 2013.
2. San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. Connecting the City. Available: http://www.sfbike.org/?connectingthecity#6. Accessed 28 May 2013.
3. Wicked problem. Wikipedia. Available: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_problem. Accessed 28 May 2013..
4. WHO (2011) Global status report on noncommunicable diseases. Geneva: World Health Organization.
5. MillettC, AgrawalS, SullivanR, VazM, KurpadA, et al. (2013) Associations between active travel to work and overweight, hypertension, and diabetes in India: A cross-sectional study. PLoS Med 10 (6) e1001459 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001459
6. LachatC, OtchereS, RoberfroidD, AbdulaiA, SeretFMA, et al. (2013) Diet and physical activity for the prevention of noncommunicable diseases in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic policy review. PLoS Med 10 (6) e1001465 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001465
7. WHO (2004) Global strategy on diet, physical activity and health, resolution of the fifty seventh World Health Assembly WHA57.17. Geneva: World Health Organization.
8. (19 June 2012) The PLOS Medicine series on big food. Available: http://www.ploscollections.org/article/browseIssue.action?issue=info:doi/10.1371/issue.pcol.v07.i17.
9. General Motors streetcar conspiracy. Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Streetcar_Scandal. Accessed 28 May 2013.
10. StucklerD, BasuS (2013) Malignant neglect: The failure to address the need to prevent premature non-communicable disease morbidity and mortality. PLoS Med 10 (6) e1001466 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001466
11. UK Cabinet Office. Behavioural Insights Team. Available: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/behavioural-insights-team. Accessed 28 May 2013.
12. HaynesL, ServiceO, GoldacreB, TorgersonD (2012) Test, learn, adapt: Developing public policy with randomised controlled trials. Cabinet Office Behavioural Insights Team Available: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/62529/TLA-1906126.pdf. Accessed 28 May 2013.