1. Waetjen LE, Liao S, Johnson WO, Sampselle CM, Sternfield B, Harlow SD, Gold EB. Factors associated with prevalent and incident urinary incontinence in a cohort of midlife women: a longitudinal analysis of data: study of women‘s health across the nation. Am J Epidemiol 2007; 165: 309–318.
2. Markland AD, Richter HE, Fwu C-W, Eggers P, Kusek JW. Prevalence and trends of urinary incontinence in adults in the United States, 2001 to 2008. J Urol 2011; 186: 589–593.
3. Irwin DE, Milsom I, Hunskaar S, Reilly K, Kopp Z, Herschorn S, Coyne K, Kelleher C, Hampel C, Artibani W et al. Population-based survey of urinary incontinence, overactive bladder, and other lower urinary tract symptoms in five countries: results of the EPIC study. Eur Urol 2006; 50: 1306–1314, discussion 1314–1315.
4. Jonsson Funk M, Levin PJ, Wu JM. Trends in the surgical management of stress urinary incontinence. Obstet Gynecol 2012; 119: 845–851.
5. Ward K, Hilton P. Prospective multicentre randomised trial of tension-free vaginal tape and colposuspension as primary treatment for stress incontinence. BMJ 2002; 325: 67.
6. Hammad FT, Kennedy-Smith A, Robinson RG. Erosions and urinary retention following polypropylene synthetic sling: Australasian survey. Eur Urol 2005; 47: 641–646, discussion 646–647.
7. Keegan PE, Atiemo K, Cody J, McClinton S, Pickard R. Periurethral injection therapy for urinary incontinence in women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007, doi:10.1002/14651858.CD003881.pub2.
8. Abrams P, Andersson KE, Birder L, Brubaker L, Cardozo L, Chapple C, Cottenden A, Davila W, de Ridder D, Dmochowski R, et al. Fourth International Consultation on Incontinence Recommendations of the International Scientific Committee: Evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and fecal incontinence. Neurourol Urodyn 2010; 29: 213–240.
9. Wolf JS, Bennett C, Dmochowski RR (eds). AUA Guidelines Antibiotic Prophylaxis [Internet]. [no date].
10. Kirchin V, Page T, Keegan PE, Atiemo K, Cody JD, McClinton S. Urethral injection therapy for urinary incontinence in women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 2:CD003881.
11. Winters JC, Appell R. Periurethral injection of collagen in the treatment of intrinsic sphincteric deficiency in the female patient. Urol Clin North Am 1995; 22: 673–678.
12. Stothers L, Goldenberg SL, Leone EF. Complications of periurethral collagen injection for stress urinary incontinence. J Urol 1998; 159: 806–807.
13. Lee PE, Kung RC, Drutz HP. Periurethral autologous fat injection as treatment for female stress urinary incontinence: a randomized double-blind controlled trial. J Urol 2001; 165: 153–158.
14. Meulen ter PH, Berghmans LCM, Nieman FHM, van Kerrebroeck PEVA. Effects of Macroplastique Implantation System for stress urinary incontinence and urethral hypermobility in women. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2009; 20: 177–183.
15. Haylen BT, Freeman RM, Swift SE, Cosson M (eds). IUGA/ICS Joint Terminology and Classification of Complications Related Directly to the Insertion of Prostheses (Meshes, Implants, Tapes) or Grafts In Female Pelvic Floor Surgery [Internet]. [no date].
16. FDA Public Health Notification. Serious Complications Associated with Transvaginal Placement of Surgical Mesh in Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence [Internet]. Food and Drug Administration; [no date].
17. FDA (ed). Urogynecologic Surgical Mesh: Update on the Safety and Effectiveness of Transvaginal Placement for Pelvic Organ Prolapse [Internet]. [no date].
18. Stav K, Dwyer PL, Rosamilia A, Schierlitz L, Lim YN, Lee J. Risk factors of treatment failure of midurethral sling procedures for women with urinary stress incontinence.Int Urogynecol J 2010; 21: 149–155.
19. Mazouni C, Karsenty G, Bretelle F. Urinary complications and sexual function after the tension-free vaginal tape procedure. Acta Obstetricia et … 2004, [no volume].
20. Zullo MA, Plotti F, Calcagno M, Marullo E, Palaia I, Bellati F, Basile S, Muzii L, Angioli R, Panici PB. One-year follow-up of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) and trans-obturator suburethral tape from inside to outside (TVT-O) for surgical treatment of female stress urinary incontinence: a prospective randomised trial. Eur Urol 2007; 51: 1376–1382, discussion 1383–1384.
21. Tseng L-H, Wang AC, Lin Y-H, Li S-J, Ko Y-J. Randomized comparison of the suprapubic arc sling procedure vs tension-free vaginal taping for stress incontinent women. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2005; 16: 230–235.
22. Andonian S, Chen T, St-Denis B, Corcos J. Randomized clinical trial comparing suprapubic arch sling (SPARC) and tension-free vaginal tape (TVT): one-year results. Eur Urol 2005; 47: 537–541.
23. Porena M, Costantini E, Frea B, Giannantoni A, Ranzoni S, Mearini L, Bini V, Kocjancic E. Tension-free vaginal tape versus transobturator tape as surgery for stress urinary incontinence: results of a multicentre randomised trial. Eur Urol 2007; 52: 1481–1490.
24. Kuuva N, Nilsson CG. A nationwide analysis of complications associated with the tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) procedure. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2002; 81: 72–77.
25. Lim YN, Muller R, Corstiaans A, Dietz HP, Barry C, Rane A. Suburethral slingplasty evaluation study in North Queensland, Australia: The SUSPEND trial. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 45: 52–59.
26. Meschia M, Pifarotti P, Bernasconi F, Magatti F, Viganò R, Bertozzi R, Barbacini P. Tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) and intravaginal slingplasty (IVS) for stress urinary incontinence: a multicenter randomized trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195: 1338–1342.
27. Lord HE, Taylor JD, Finn JC, Tsokos N, Jeffery JT, Atherton MJ, Evans SF, Bremner AP, Elder GO, Holman CDJ. A randomized controlled equivalence trial of short-term complications and efficacy of tension-free vaginal tape and suprapubic urethral support sling for treating stress incontinence. BJU Int 2006; 98: 367–376.
28. Wang AC, Lin Y-H, Tseng L-H, Chih S-Y, Lee CJ. Prospective randomized comparison of transobturator suburethral sling (Monarc) vs suprapubic arc (Sparc) sling procedures for female urodynamic stress incontinence. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 2006; 17: 439–443.
29. Richter HE, Albo ME, Zyczynski HM, Kenton K, Norton PA, Sirls LT, Kraus SR, Chai TC, Lemack GE, Dandreo KJ et al. Retropubic versus transobturator midurethral slings for stress incontinence. N Engl J Med 2010; 362: 2066–2076.
30. Pushkar DY, Godunov BN, Gvozdev M, Kasyan GR. Complications of mid-urethral slings for treatment of stress urinary incontinence. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2011; 113: 54–57.
31. Ward KL, Hilton P, UK and Ireland TVT Trial Group. Tension-free vaginal tape versus colposuspension for primary urodynamic stress incontinence: 5-year follow up. BJOG 2008; 115: 226–233.
32. Jonsson Funk M, Siddiqui NY, Kawasaki A, Wu JM. Long-term outcomes after stress urinary incontinence surgery. Obstet Gynecol 2012; 120: 83–90.
33. Tijdink MM, Vierhout ME, Heesakkers JP, Withagen MIJ. Surgical management of mesh-related complications after prior pelvic floor reconstructive surgery with mesh. Int Urogynecol J 2011; 22: 1395–1404.
34. Albo ME, Richter HE, Brubaker L, Norton P, Kraus SR, Zimmern PE, Chai TC, Zyczynski H, Diokno AC, Tennstedt S et al. Burch Colposuspension versus Fascial Sling to Reduce Urinary Stress Incontinence. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 2143–2155.
35. Alcalay M, Monga A, Stanton SL. Burch colposuspension: a 10-20 year follow up. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1995; 102: 740–745.
36. Carr LK, Webster GD. Voiding dysfunction following incontinence surgery: diagnosis and treatment with retropubic or vaginal urethrolysis. J Urol 1997; [no volume].
37. Wiskind AK, Creighton SM, Stanton SL. The incidence of genital prolapse after the Burch colposuspension. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1992; 167: 399–404, discussion 404–405.
38. Blaivas JG, Chaikin DC. Pubovaginal fascial sling for the treatment of all types of stress urinary incontinence: surgical technique and long-term outcome. Urol Clin North Am 2011; 38 :7–15.
39. Morgan TO, Westney OL, McGuire EJ. Pubovaginal sling: 4-YEAR outcome analysis and quality of life assessment. J Urol 2000; 163: 1845–1848.
40. Chaikin DC, Rosenthal J, Blaivas JG. Pubovaginal fascial sling for all types of stress urinary incontinence: long-term analysis. J Urol 1998, 160: 1312–1316.
41. Miller EA, Amundsen CL, Toh KL, Flynn BJ, Webster GD. Preoperative urodynamic evaluation may predict voiding dysfunction in women undergoing pubovaginal sling. J Urol 2003; 169: 2234–2237.