1. McEwen J. Artesunate- and amodiaquine-associated extrapyramidal reactions: a series of 49 cases in VigiBase. Drug Saf. 2012;35(8):667–75. doi: 10.1007/BF03261963 22788236
2. Bompart F. Artesunate- and amodiaquine-associated extrapyramidal reactions: information gained from an African-based risk management plan. Drug Saf. 2013;36(1):71–2. doi: 10.1007/s40264-012-0010-x 23315298
3. World Bank. World development indicators: Classifying countries by income. World Bank website. 2018 [cited 2019 May 30]. http://datatopics.worldbank.org/world-development-indicators/stories/the-classification-of-countries-by-income.html
4. Wirtz VJ, Hogerzeil HV, Gray AL, Bigdeli M, de Joncheere CP, Ewen MA, et al. Essential medicines for universal health coverage. Lancet. 2017;389(10067):403–76. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31599-9 27832874
5. Boston Consulting Group. EAC Medicines Regulatory Harmonization Program: End-Term Evaluation. 2017.
6. Dansie LS, Odoch WD, Ardal C. Industrial perceptions of medicines regulatory harmonization in the East African Community. PLoS ONE. 2019;14(6):e0218617. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0218617 31216323
7. Brochure: East African Community Medicines Regulatory Harmonization (EAC MRH) Programme: Joint Regulatory Procedures. East African Community’s Medicines Regulatory Harmonization initiative website. 2019 [cited 2019 Sep 23]. https://www.tmda.go.tz/uploads/publications/en1594208729-%20EAC%20JOINT%20REGULATORY%20PROCEDURES-%20JUNE%202020%20(2).pdf
8. Cooperation Framework Agreement for EAC Partner States National Medicines Regulatory Authorities. East African Community’s Medicines Regulatory Harmonization initiative website. 2018 [cited 2019 Sep 23]. https://www.tmda.go.tz/uploads/publications/en1594215479-Cooperation%20Framework%20Agreement%20for%20EAC%20Partner%20States%20National%20Medicines%20Regulatory%20Authorities..pdf
9. Bassat Q, Tanner M, Guerin PJ, Stricker K, Hamed K. Combating poor-quality anti-malarial medicines: a call to action. Malar J. 2016;15:302. doi: 10.1186/s12936-016-1357-8 27251199
10. Eligibility Criteria for WHO Prequalification of In Vitro Diagnostics. Version 4. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2019.
11. Sinha M, Jupe J, Mack H, Coleman TP, Lawrence SM, Fraley SI. Emerging technologies for molecular diagnosis of sepsis. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2018;31(2). doi: 10.1128/cmr.00089-17 29490932
12. Pedram B, Pasquetto V, Drame PM, Ji Y, Gonzalez-Moa MJ, Baldwin RK, et al. A novel rapid test for detecting antibody responses to Loa loa infections. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11(7):e0005741. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0005741 28749939
13. Prequalification of vaccines. World Health Organization website. 2019 [cited 2019 May 30]. https://www.who.int/immunization_standards/vaccine_quality/vq_index/en/
14. WHO kick-starts pilot prequalification of biotherapeutics for cancer treatment. World Health Organization website. 2018 [cited 2019 May 30]. https://extranet.who.int/prequal/news/who-kick-starts-pilot-prequalification-biotherapeutics-cancer-treatment
15. Reproductive health essential medicines: prequalification. World Health Organization website. 2019 [cited 2019 May 30]. https://www.who.int/rhem/prequalification/en/
16. Vaccine quality: Performance, quality, and safety catalogue. World Health Organization website. 2019 [cited 2019 May 30]. http://apps.who.int/immunization_standards/vaccine_quality/pqs_catalogue/index.aspx
17. Pan African Harmonisation Working Party on Medical Devices and Diagnostics. PAHWP website. 2019 [cited 2019 May 30]. http://www.pahwp.org/
18. ClinicalTrials.gov. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 14]. https://clinicaltrials.gov/
19. Akanmori B, Mukanga D, Bellah A, Traore T, Ward M, Mihigo R. The role of the African Vaccine Regulatory Forum (AVAREF) in the accelerated clinical evaluation of ebola virus vaccine candidates during the large West Africa epidemic. J Immunol Sci. 2018;S(011):75–9.
20. Mukanga D. Harmonized tools for clinical trial regulation in Africa: AVAREF update based on 2018–2020 strategic plan. DIA Global Forum website. 2018 [cited 2019 May 30]. https://globalforum.diaglobal.org/issue/december-2018/harmonized-tools-for-clinical-trial-regulation-in-africa-are-imminent/
21. ICH Harmonised Guideline: General Principles for Planning and Design of Multi-Regional Clinical Trials, E17. United States Food and Drug Administration website. 2018 [cited 2019 Jun 14]. https://www.fda.gov/media/99974/download
22. EAC Harmonized Compendium on Safety and Vigilance of Medical Products and Health Technologies. East African Community’s Medicines Regulatory Harmonization initiative website. 2019 [cited 2019 Sep 23]. https://www.tmda.go.tz/uploads/publications/en1594202820-PV%20COMPENDIUM%20VALIDATED%2018%2003%202019.pdf
23. Agyepong IA, Sewankambo N, Binagwaho A, Coll-Seck AM, Corrah T, Ezeh A, et al. The path to longer and healthier lives for all Africans by 2030: the Lancet Commission on the future of health in sub-Saharan Africa. Lancet. 2018;390(10114):2803–59. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(17)31509-X 28917958
24. WHO Global Surveillance and Monitoring System for Substandard and Falsified Medical Products. World Health Organization website. 2017 [cited 2019 Sep 23]. https://www.who.int/medicines/regulation/ssffc/publications/gsms-report-sf/en/
25. EAC Pilot Post Market Surveillance Report: Monitoring the Quality of Selected Antibiotics in EAC Partner States. Arusha, Tanzania: EAC Secretariat, 2019.
26. WHO Global Benchmarking Tool (GBT) for evaluation of national regulatory systems. World Health Organization website. 2019 [cited 2019 May 30]. https://www.who.int/medicines/regulation/benchmarking_tool/en/
27. Lions Head Global Partners. Final Report: Develop a Sustainable Financing Model for National Medicines Regulatory Agencies in the East African Community. East African Community’s Medicines Regulatory Harmonization initiative website. 2016 [cited 2019 Sep 23]. https://www.tmda.go.tz/uploads/publications/en1594215401-Lions%20Head%20Global%20Partners.%20Final%20Report-%20Develop%20a%20Sustainable%20Financing%20Model%20for%20National%20Medicines%20Regulatory%20Agencies%20in%20the%20East%20African%20Community..pdf