1. CastañónA, LandyR, CuzickJ, SasieniP (2014) Cervical screening at age 50–64 and the risk of cervical cancer over age 65: population based case control study. PLoS Med 11: e1001585 doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001585
2. SaslowD, SolomonD, LawsonHW, KillackeyM, KulasingamSL, et al. (2012) American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer. CA Cancer J Clin 62: 147–172.
3. RustagiAS, KamineniA, WeissNS (2013) Point: cervical cancer screening guidelines should consider observational data on screening efficacy in older women. Am J Epidemiol 178: 1020–1022.
4. AndraeB, KemetliL, SparénP, SilfverdalL, StranderB, et al. (2008) Screening-preventable cervical cancer risks: evidence from a nationwide audit in Sweden. J Natl Cancer Inst 100: 622–629.
5. LönnbergS, NieminenP, LuostarinenT, AnttilaA (2013) Mortality audit of the Finnish cervical cancer screening program. Int J Cancer 132: 2134–2140.
6. SasieniP, AdamsJ, CuzickJ (2003) Benefit of cervical screening at different ages: evidence from the UK audit of screening histories. Br J Cancer 89: 88–93.
7. SasieniP, CastanonA, CuzickJ (2009) Effectiveness of cervical screening with age: population based case-control study of prospectively recorded data. BMJ 339.
8. KamineniA, WeinmannS, ShyK, GlassA, WeissN (2013) Efficacy of screening in preventing cervical cancer among older women. Cancer Causes Control 24: 1653–1660.
9. ReboljM, van BallegooijenM, LyngeE, LoomanC, Essink-BotM-L, et al. (2009) Incidence of cervical cancer after several negative smear results by age 50: prospective observational study. BMJ 338.
10. IsideanSD, FrancoEL (2013) Counterpoint: cervical cancer screening guidelines—approaching the golden age. Am J Epidemiol 178: 1023–1026.
11. KulasingamSL, HavrileskyLJ, GhebreR, MyersER (2013) Screening for cervical cancer: a modeling study for the US preventive services task force. J Low Genit Tract Dis 17: 193–202.
12. GravittPE (2011) The known unknowns of HPV natural history. J Clin Invest 121: 4593–4599.
13. RositchAF, BurkeAE, ViscidiRP, SilverMI, ChangK, et al. (2012) Contributions of recent and past sexual partnerships on incident human papillomavirus detection: acquisition and reactivation in older women. Cancer Res 72: 6183–6190.
14. GravittPE, RositchAF, SilverMI, MarksMA, ChangK, et al. (2013) A cohort effect of the sexual revolution may be masking an increase in human papillomavirus detection at menopause in the United States. J Infect Dis 207: 272–280.
15. StolerMH, WrightTC, SharmaA, ZhangG, AppleR, et al. (2012) The interplay of age stratification and HPV testing on the predictive value of ASC-US cytology: results from the ATHENA HPV study. Am J Clin Pathol 137: 295–303.