1. Singer, P. The development of intensive care medicine in Israel from its creation until today. Anest. Intenziv. Med., 2009, 20, 6, p. 336–337.
2. Safar, P. Ventilatory efficacy of mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration. Airway obstruction during manual and mouth-to-mouth artificial respiration. J. Am. Med. Assoc., 1958, 167, p. 335.
3. Safar, P., Brown, T. C., Halley, W. H. et al. Ventilation and circulation with closed chest cardiac massage in man. J. Am. Med. Assoc., 1961, 176, p. 574.
4. Jude, J. R., Kouwenhoven, W. B., Knickerbocker, G. G. Cardiac arrest: report of application of external cardiac massage on 118 patients. J. Am. Med. Assoc., 1961, 178, p. 1063.
5. Rushman, G. B., Davies, N. J. H., Atkinson, R. S. A Short history of Anaesthesia. Butterworth-Heinemann, 1996, p. 170.