1. Kroll SS, Evans GR, Goldberg D, et al. A comparison of resource costs for head and neck reconstruction with free and pectoralis major flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997 Apr;99(5):1282–6.
2. Talesnik A, Markowitz B, Calcaterra T, Ahn C, Shaw W. Cost and outcome of osteocutaneous free-tissue transfer versus pedicled soft-tissue reconstruction for composite mandibular defects. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996 May;97(6):1167-78.
3. Singh B, Cordeiro PG, Santamaria E, Shaha AR, Pfister DG, Shah JP. Factors associated with complications in microvascular reconstruction of head and neck defects. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1999 Feb;103(2):403-11.
4. Schusterman MA, Horndeski G. Analysis of the morbidity associated with immediate microvascular reconstruction in head and neck cancer patients. Head Neck. 1991 Jan-Feb;13(1):51-5.
5. O’Neill JP, Shine N, Eadie PA, Beausang E, Timon C. Free tissue transfer versus pedicled flap reconstruction of head and neck malignancy defects. Ir J Med Sci. 2010 Sep;179(3):337–43.
6. Liu R, Gullane P, Brown D, Irish J. Pectoralis major myocutaneous pedicled flap in head and neck reconstruction: retrospective review of indications and results in 244 consecutive cases at the Toronto General Hospital. J Otolaryngol. 2001 Feb;30(1):34-40.
7. Mehta S, Sarkar S, Kavarana N, Bhathena H, Mehta A. Complications of the pectoralis major myocutaneous flap in the oral cavity: a prospective evaluation of 220 cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1996 Jul;98(1):31–7.
8. Schneider DS, Wu V, Wax MK. Indications for pedicled pectoralis major flap in a free tissue transfer practice. Head Neck. 2012 Aug;34(8):1106-10.
9. Avery CM, Gandhi N, Peel D, Neal CP. Indications and outcomes for 100 patients managed with a pectoralis major flap within a UK maxillofacial unit. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2014 May;43(5):546-54.
10. Liu HL, Chan JY, Wei WI. The changing role of pectoralis major flap in head and neck reconstruction. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2010 Nov;267(11):1759-63.
11. Chepeha DB, Annich G, Pynnonen MA, et al. Pectoralis major myocutaneous flap vs revascularized free tissue transfer: complications, gastrostomy tube dependence, and hospitalization. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004 Feb;130(2):181-6.
12. Wilson JS, Yiacoumettis AM, O’Neill T. Some observations on 112 pectoralis major myocutaneous flaps. Am J Surg. 1984 Feb;147(2):273–9.
13. Milenović A, Virag M, Uglesić V, Aljinović-Ratković N. The pectoralis major flap in head and neck reconstruction: first 500 patients. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2006 Sep;34(6):340-3.
14. Vartanian JG, Carvalho AL, Carvalho SM, Mizobe L, Magrin J, Kowalski LP. Pectoralis major and other myofascial/myocutaneous flaps in head and neck cancer reconstruction: experience with 437 cases at a single institution. Head Neck. 2004 Dec;26(12):1018-23.
15. Pinto FR, Malena CR, Vanni CM, Capelli Fde A, Matos LL, Kanda JL. Pectoralis major myocutaneous flaps for head and neck reconstruction: factors influencing occurrences of complications and the final outcome. Sao Paulo Med J. 2010 Dec;128(6):336-41.
16. IJsselstein CB, Hovius SE, ten Have BL, Wijthoff SJ, Sonneveld GJ, Meeuwis CA, et al. Is the pectoralis myocutaneous flap in intraoral and oropharyngeal reconstruction outdated? Am J Surg. 1996 Sep;172(3):259–62.
17. Rudes M, Bilić M, Jurlina M, Prgomet D. Pectoralis major myocutaneous flap in the reconstructive surgery of the head and neck--our experience. Coll Antropol. 2012 Nov;36 Suppl 2:137-42.
18. Kroll SS, Goepfert H, Jones M, Guillamondegui O, Schusterman M. Analysis of complications in 168 pectoralis major myocutaneous flaps used for head and neck reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 1990 Aug;25(2):93–7.
19. Shah JP, Haribhakti V, Loree TR, Sutaria P. Complications of the pectoralis major myocutaneous flap in head and neck reconstruction. Am J Surg. 1990 Oct;160(4):352–5.
20. Tang CL, Wu YC, Lai CH, et al. Salvage for pectoralis major myocutaneous flap failure in head and neck reconstruction by microvascular flap. J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2012 Oct;46(5):335–8.
21. Kekatpure VD, Trivedi NP, Manjula BV, Mathan Mohan A, Shetkar G, Kuriakose MA. Pectoralis major flap for head and neck reconstruction in era of free flaps. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2012 Apr;41(4):453-7.
22. McLean JN, Carlson GW, Losken A. The pectoralis major myocutaneous flap revisited: a reliable technique for head and neck reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2010 May;64(5):570–3.
23.Ribeiro Salles Vanni CM, de Matos LL, Faro Junior MP, et al. Enhanced morbidity of pectoralis major myocutaneous flap used for salvage after previously failed oncological treatment and unsuccessful reconstructive head and neck surgery. ScientificWorld Journal. 2012;2012:384179.
24. Tabah RJ, Flynn MB, Acland RD, Banis JC. Microvascular free tissue transfer in head and neck and esophageal surgery. Am J Surg. 1984 Oct;148(4):498–504.
25. Zhang C, Sun J, Zhu H, et al. Microsurgical free flap reconstructions of the head and neck region: Shanghai experience of 34 years and 4640 flaps. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015 Jun;44(6):675-84.
26. Herce-Lopez J, Rollon-Mayordomo A, Lozano-Rosado R, Infante-Cossio P, Salazar-Fernandez CI. Assessment of quality of life of oral cancer survivors compared with Spanish population norms. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Apr;42(4):446–52.
27. Ou KL, Chen TM, Dai NT, et al. Treatment of breast deformity with free deep inferior epigastric perforator flap secondary to pectoralis major flap harvesting. Formos J Surg. 2014;47(1):32-35.
28. Tsue TT, Desyatnikova SS, Deleyiannis FW, et al. Comparison of cost and function in reconstruction of the posterior oral cavity and oropharynx. Free vs pedicled soft tissue transfer. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1997 Jul;123(7):731-7.
29. Nayak BB, Nilamani M. Single stage reconstructions in head and neck surgery using deltopectoral and pectoralis major myocutaneous flaps. Indian J Plast Surg. 2012 Jan;45(1):151-3.
30. Granzow JW, Suliman A, Roostaeian J, Perry A, Boyd JB. Supraclavicular artery island flap (SCAIF) vs free fasciocutaneous flaps for head and neck reconstruction. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Jun;148(6):941-8.
31. Pallua N, Wolter TP. Moving forwards: the anterior supraclavicular artery perforator (a-SAP) flap: a new pedicled or free perforator flap based on the anterior supraclavicular vessels. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013 Apr;66(4):489-96.
32. Pallua N, Machens HG, Rennekampff O, Becker M, Berger A. The fasciocutaneous supraclavicular artery island flap for releasing postburn mentosternal contractures. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997 Jun;99(7):1878-84; discussion 1885-6.
33. Ariyan S. Further experiences with the pectoralis major myocutaneous flap for the immediate repair of defects from excisions of head and neck cancers. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1979 Nov;64(5):605-12.
34. Temiz G, Şirinoğlu H, Yeşiloğlu N, et al. A salvage maneuver for the caudal part of the pectoralis major muscle in the reconstruction of superior thoracic wall defects: The pectoralis kite flap. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015 May;68(5):698-704.
35. Kanno T, Nariai Y, Tatsumi H, Karino M, Yoshino A, Sekine J. A modified pectoralis major myocutaneous flap technique with improved vascular supply and an extended rotation arc for oral defects: A case report. Oncol Lett. 2015 Nov;10(5):2739–42.
36. Sun Q, Guo S, Wang D, Xu N, Jin SF, Wang CC. Does pectoralis major flap harvesting induce upper extremity dysfunction? J Int Med Res. 2015 Aug;43(4):555-9.
37. Moukarbel RV, Fung K, Franklin JH, et al. Neck and shoulder disability following reconstruction with the pectoralis major pedicled flap. Laryngoscope. 2010 Jun;120(6):1129-34.
38. Refos JW, Witte BI, de Goede CJ, de Bree R. Shoulder morbidity after pectoralis major flap reconstruction. Head Neck. 2016 Aug;38(8):1221-8.
39. Shunyu NB, Medhi J, Laskar HA, Lyngdoh N, Syiemlieh J, Goyal A. 5th Rib Osteo-pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap-Still a Viable Option for Mandibular Defect Reconstruction. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014 Dec;66(4):414-7.
40. Ord RA. The pectoralis major myocutaneous flap in oral and maxillofacial reconstruction: a retrospective analysis of 50 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1996 Nov;54(11):1292-5; discussion 1295-6.