1. Smith P, Arnesen H, Holme I. The effect of warfarin on mortality and reinfarction after myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med. 1990 Jul 19;323(3):147-52.
2. Ridker PM et al. Long-term, low-intensity warfarin therapy for the prevention of recurrent venous thromboembolism. N Engl J Med. 2003 Apr 10;348(15):1425-34.
3. Lecky FE et al. The effect of preinjury warfarin use on mortality rates in trauma patients: a European multicentre study. Emerg Med J. 2015 Dec;32(12):916-20.
4. Ivascu FA, Janczyk RJ, Junn FS, Bair HA, Bendick PJ, Howells GA. Treatment of trauma patients with intracranial hemorrhage on preinjury warfarin. J Trauma. 2006 Aug;61(2):318-21.
5. Miller J et al. Delayed intracranial hemorrhage in the anticoagulated patient: A systematic review. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015 Aug;79(2):310-3.
6. Pieracci FM, Eachempati SR, Shou J, Hydo LJ, Barie PS. Degree of anticoagulation, but not warfarin use itself, predicts adverse outcomes after traumatic brain injury in elderly trauma patients. J Trauma. 2007 Sep;63(3):525-30.
7. Gaines RJ, Randall CJ, Browne KL, Carr DR, Enad JG. Delayed presentation of compartment syndrome of the proximal lower extremity after low-energy trauma in patients taking warfarin. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2008 Dec;37(12):E201-4.
8. La Rosa CA, Fanelli C. Successful Outpatient Treatment of Full-thickness, Necrotic, Lower- extremity Ulcers Caused by Traumatic Hematomas in Anticoagulated Patients. Wounds. 2011 Oct;23(10):293-300.
9. Morykwas MJ, Argenta LC, Shelton-Brown EI, McGuirt W. Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation. Ann Plast Surg. 1997 Jun;38(6):553-62.