1. Jemal A, Bray F, Center MM et al. Global cancer statistics. CA Cancer J Clin 2011; 61(2): 69–90.
2. Swenson KK, Rose MA, Ritz L et al. Recognition and evaluation of oncology-related symptoms in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 1995; 26(1): 12–17.
3. Yates M, Barrett A. Oncological emergency admissions to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital: an audit of current arrangements and patient satisfaction. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2009; 21(3): 226–233.
4. Halfdanarson TR, Hogan WJ, Moynihan TJ. Oncologic emergencies: diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clin Proc 2006; 81(6): 835–848.
5. Christman K, Muss HB, Case LD et al. Chemotherapy of metastatic breast cancer in the elderly. The Piedmont Oncology Association experience [see comment]. JAMA 1992; 268(1): 57–62.
6. Tomasello G, Chiesa MD, Buti S et al. Dose-dense chemotherapy in metastatic gastric cancer with a modified docetaxel-cisplatin-5-fluorouracil regimen. Tumori 2010; 96(1): 48–53.
7. Dalla Chiesa M, Tomasello G, Buti S et al. Sequential chemotherapy with dose-dense docetaxel, cisplatin, folinic acid and 5-fluorouracil (TCF-dd) followed by combination of oxaliplatin, folinic acid, 5-fluorouracil and irinotecan (COFFI) in metastatic gastric cancer: results of a phase II trial. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2011; 67(1): 41–48.
8. Mayer DK, Travers D, Wyss A et al. Why do patients with cancer visit emergency departments? Results of a 2008 population study in North Carolina. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29(19): 2683–2688.
9. Porta M, Fernandez E, Belloc J et al. Emergency admission for cancer: a matter of survival? Br J Cancer 1998; 77(3): 477–484.
10. Hardoon SL, Whincup PH, Lennon LT et al. How much of the recent decline in the incidence of myocardial infarction in British men can be explained by changes in cardiovascular risk factors? Evidence from a prospective population-based study. Circulation 2008; 117(5): 598–604.
11. Yucel N, Sukru Erkal H, Sinem Akgun F et al. Characteristics of the admissions of cancer patients to emergency department. J BUON 2012; 17(1): 174–179.