1. Mann JF, Gerstein HC, Pogue J et al. Renal insufficiency as a predictor of cardiovascular outcomes and the impact of ramipril: the HOPE randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2001; 134: 629–636.
2. Ruilope LM, Salvetti A, Jamerson K et al. Renal function and intensive lowering of blood pressure in hypertensive participants of the Hypertension Optimal Treatment (HOT) Study. J Am Soc Nephrol 2001; 12: 218–225.
3. Henry RM, Kostense PJ, Bos G et al. Mild renal insufficiency is associated with increased cardiovascular mortality: The Hoorn Study. Kidney Int 2002; 62: 1402–1407.
4. Go AS, Chertow GM, Fan D et al. Chronic kidney disease and the risks of death, cardiovascular events, and hospitalization. N Engl J Med 2004; 351: 1296–1305.
5. Muntner P, He J, Astor BC et al. Traditional and nontraditional risk factors predict coronary heart disease in chronic kidney disease: results from the atherosclerosis risk in communities study. J Am Soc Nephrol 2005; 16: 529–538.
6. Shlipak MG, Fried LF, Cushman M et al. Cardiovascular mortality risk in chronic kidney disease: comparison of traditional and novel risk factors. JAMA 2005; 293: 1737–1745.
7. Foley RN, Wang C, Collins AJ. Cardiovascular risk factor profiles and kidney function stage in the US general population: the NHANES III study. Mayo Clin Proc 2005; 80: 1270–1277.
8. Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis Consortium, Matsushita K, van der Velde M, Astor BC et al. Association of estimated glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in general population cohorts: a collaborative meta-analysis. Lancet 2010; 375: 2073–2081.
9. van der Velde M, Matsushita K, Coresh J et al. Chronic Kidney Disease Prognosis Consortium. Lower estimated glomerular filtration rate and higher albuminuria are associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. A collaborative meta-analysis of high-risk population cohorts. Kidney Int 2011; 79: 1341–1352.
10. Collins AJ, Foley RN, Herzog C et al. Excerpts from the US Renal Data System 2009 Annual Data Report. Am J Kidney Dis 2010; 55 (Suppl 1): A6–A7.
11. Cheung AK, Sarnak MJ, Yan G et al. Cardiac diseases in maintenance hemodialysis patients: results of the HEMO Study. Kidney Int 2004; 65: 2380–2389.
12. Levey AS, Beto JA, Coronado BE et al. Controlling the epidemic of cardiovascular disease in chronic renal disease: What do we know? What do we need to learn? Where do we go from here? National Kidney Foundation Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease. Am J Kidney Dis 1998; 32: 853–906.
13. Foley RN, Parfrey PS, Kent GM et al. Long--term evolution of cardiomyopathy in dialysis patients. Kidney Int 1998; 54: 1720–1725.
14. Foley RN, Parfrey PS, Sarnak MJ. Clinical epidemiology of cardiovascular disease in chronic renal disease. Am J Kidney Dis 1998; 32 (5 Suppl 3): S112–S119.
15. Parfrey PS, Foley RN. Clinical epidemiology of cardiac disease in chronic renal failure. J Am Soc Nephrol 1999; 10: 1606–1615.
16. Fink HA, Ishani A, Taylor BC et al. Screening for, monitoring, and treatment of chronic kidney disease stages 1 to 3: a systematic review for the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force and for an American College of Physicians Clinical Practice Guideline. Ann Intern Med 2012; 156 : 570–581.
17. Mancia G, Laurent S, Agabiti-Rosei E et al. European Society of Hypertension. Reappraisal of European guidelines on hypertension management: a European Society of Hypertension Task Force documents. J Hypertens 2009; 27: 2121–2158.
18. Filipovský J, Widimský J Jr, Ceral J et al. Diagnostické a léčebné postupy u arteriální hypertenze – verze 2012. Doporučení České společnosti pro hypertenzi. Vnitř Lék 2012; 58: 785–801.
19. Bangalore S, Kumar S, Lobach I et al. Blood Pressure Targets in Subjects With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus/Impaired Fasting Glucose: observations from traditional and bayesian random-effects meta-analysis of randomized trials. Circulation 2011; 123: 2799–2810.
20. Upadhyay A, Earley A, Haynes SM et al. Systematic review: Blood pressure target in chronic kidney disease and proteinuria as an effect modifier. Ann Intern Med 2011; 154: 541–548.
21. Cholesterol Treatment Trialists’ Collaboration. Baigent C, Blackwell L, Emberson J et al. Efficacy and safety of more intensive lowering of LDL cholesterol: a meta-analysis of data from 170,000 participants in 26 randomised trials. Lancet 2010; 376: 1670–1681.
22. Wanner C, Krane V, Marz W et al. German Diabetes and Dialysis Study Investigators. Atorvastatin in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus undergoing hemodialysis. N Engl J Med 2005; 353: 238–242.
23. Fellström BC, Jardine AG, Schmieder RE et al. AURORA Study Group. Rosuvastatin and Cardiovascular Events in Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis. N Engl J Med 2009; 360: 1395–1407.
24. März W, Genser B, Drechsler C et al. German Diabetes andDialysis Study Investigators. Atorva-statin and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients on hemodialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2011; 6: 1316–1325.
25. Holdaas H, Holme I, Schmieder RE et al. Rosuvastatin in diabetic hemodialysis patients. J Am Soc Nephrol 2011; 22: 1335–1341.
26. Baigent C, Landray MJ, Reith C et al. SHARP Investigators. The effects of lowering LDL cholesterol with simvastatin plus ezetimibe in patients with chronic kidney disease (Study of Heart and Renal Protection): a randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2011; 377: 2181–2192.
27. Stamler J, Vaccaro O, Neaton JD et al. Diabetes, other risk factors, and 12-year cardiovas-cular mortality for men screened in the Multiple Risk Factor Intervention Trial. Diabetes Care 1993; 16: 434–444.
28. Lowrie EG, Lew NL. Death risk in hemodialysis patients: The predictive value of commonly measured variables and evaluation of death rate differences between facilities. Am J Kidney Dis 1990; 15: 458–482.
29. Krane V, Heinrich F, Meesmann M et al. German Diabetes and Dialysis Study Investigators. Electrocardiography and outcome in patients with diabetes mellitus on maintenance hemodialysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2009; 4: 394–400.
30. Herzog CA, Mangrum JM, Passman R. Sudden cardiac death and dialysis patient. Semin Dial 2008; 21: 300–307.