1. Hodnocení dodávek distribuovaných léčivých přípravků za rok 2010 [naposledy viděno 22. 05. 2013]. Dostupné z http://www.sukl.cz/hodnoceni-dodavek-distribuovanych-lecivych-pripravku-za-rok.
2. Vernacchio L, Kelly JP, Kaufman DW, et al. Medication use among children <12 years of age in the United States: results from the Slone Survey. Pediatrics 2009; 124 (2): 446–454.
3. Smith SM, Schroeder K, Fahey T. Over-the-counter (OTC) medications for acute cough in children and adults in ambulatory settings. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 15; 8: CD001831.
4. Goldman RD. Codeine for acute cough in children. Can Fam Physician 2010; 56 (12): 1293–1294.
5. Paul IM. Therapeutic options for acute cough due to upper respiratory infections in children. Lung 2012; 190 (1): 41–44.
6. Dicpinigatis PV, Colice GL, Goolsby MJ, et al. Acute cough: a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. Cough 2009; 5: 11.
7. Bolser DC. Cough suppressant and pharmacologic protussive therapy: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Chest 2006; 129 (Suppl 1): 238S–249S.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Infant deaths associated with cough and cold medications--two states, 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007; 56 (1): 1–4.
9. Munyard P, Bush A. How much coughing is normal? Arch Dis Child 1996; 74 (6): 531–534.
10. Chang AB, Phelan PD, Robertson CF, et al. Frequency and perception of cough severity. J Paediatr Child Health 2001; 37 (2): 142–145.
11. Irwin RS, Boulet LP, Cloutier MM, et al. Managing cough as a defense mechanism and as a symptom. A consensus panel report of the American College of Chest Physicians. Chest 1998; 114 (2): 133S–181S.
12. Vernacchio L, Kelly JP, Kaufman DW, et al. Medication use among children <12 years of age in the United States: results from the Slone Survey. Pediatrics 2009; 124 (2): 446–454.
13. Sevelius H, Colmore JP. Objective assessment of antitussive agents in patients with chronic cough. J New Drugs 1966; 6 (4): 216–223.
14. Sevelius H, McCoy JF, Colmore JP. Dose response to codeine in patients with chronic cough. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1971; 12 (3): 449–455.
15. Alward M, Maddock J, Davies DF, et al. Dextro-methorphan and codeine: comparison of plasma kinetics and antitussive effects. Eur J Respir Dis 1984; 65 (4): 283–291.
16. Eccles R, Morris S, Jawad M. Lack of effect of codeine in the treatment of cough associated with acute upper respiratory tract infection. J Clin Pharm Ther 1992; 17 (3): 175–180.
17. Smith J, Owen E, Earis J, et al. Effect of codeine on objective measurement of cough in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2006; 117 (4): 831–835.
18. Freestone C, Eccles R. Assessment of the antitussive efficacy of codeine in cough associated with common cold. J Pharm Pharmacol 1997; 49 (10): 1045–1049.
19. American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Drugs. Use of codeine- and dextromethorphan-containing cough remedies in children. Pediatrics 1997; 99 (6): 918–920.
20. Parvez L, Vaidya M, Sakhardande A, et al. Evaluation of antitussive agents in man. Pulm Pharmacol 1996; 9 (5–6): 299–308.
21. Lee PCL, Jawad MS, Eccles R. Antitussive efficacy of dextromethorphan in cough associated with acute upper respiratory tract infection. J Pharm Pharmacol 2000; 52 (9): 1137–1142.
22. Pavesi L, Subburaj S, Porter-Shaw K. Application and validation of a computerized cough acquisition system for objective monitoring of acute cough: a meta-analysis. Chest 2001 Oct; 120 (4): 1121–1128.
23. Korppi M, Laurikainen K, Pietikäinen M, Silvasti M. Antitussives in the treatment of acute transient cough in children. Acta Paediatr Scand 1991; 80 (10): 969–971.
24. Paul IM, Beiler J, McMonagle A, et al. Effect of honey, dextromethorphan, and no treatment on nocturnal cough and sleep quality for coughing children and their parents. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2007; 161 (12): 1140–1146.
25. Shadkam MN, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Mozayan MR. A comparison of the effect of honey, dextromethorphan, and diphenhydramine on nightly cough and sleep quality in children and their parents. J Altern Complement Med 2010; 16 (7): 787–793.
26. Oduwole O, Meremikwu MM, Oyo-Ita A, et al. Honey for acute cough in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 14; 3: CD007094.
27. Arroll B. Non-antibiotic treatments for upper-respiratory tract infections (common cold). Respir Med 2005; 99 (12): 1477–1484.
28. Allegra L, Bossi R. Clinical trials with the new antitussive levodropropizine in adult bronchitic patients. Arzneimittelforschung 1988; 38 (8): 1163–1136.
29. Balsamo R, Lanata L, Egan CG. Mucoactive drugs. Eur Respir Rev 2010; 19 (116): 127–133.
30. Duijvestijn YC, Mourdi N, Smucny J, et al. Acetyl-cysteine and carbocysteine for acute upper and lower respiratory tract infections in paediatric patients without chronic broncho-pulmonary disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009; 21 (1): CD003124.
31. Germouty J, Jirou-Najou IL. Clinical efficacy of ambroxol in the treatment of bronchial stasis. Clinical trial in 120 patients at two different doses. Respiration 1987; 51 (Suppl 1): 37–41.
32. Guyatt GH, Townsend M, Kazim F, et al. A controlled trial of ambroxol in chronic bronchitis. Chest 1987; 92 (4): 618–620.
33. Balli F, Bergamini B, Calistru P, et al. Clinical effects of erdosteine in the treatment of acute respiratory tract diseases in children. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2007; 45 (1): 16–22.
34. Titti G, Lizzio A, Termini C. A controlled multicenter pediatric study in the treatment of acute respiratory tract diseases with the aid of a new specific compound, erdosteine (IPSE, Italian Pediatric Study Erdosteine). Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2000; 38 (8): 402–407.
35. Chang CC, Cheng AC, Chang AB. Over-the-counter (OTC) medications to reduce cough as an adjunct to antibiotics for acute pneumonia in children and adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 15; 2: CD006088.
36. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Infant deaths associated with cough and cold medications — Two states, 2005. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007; 12; 56: 1–4.
37. Overview – Risk: Benefit of OTC cough and cold medicines in children [naposledy viděno 22.05.2013]. Dostupné z http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/pl-p/documents/websiteresources/con041374.pdf.
38. Irwin RS, Curley FJ, Bennett FM. Appropriate use of antitussives and protussives. A practical review. Drugs 1993; 46 (1): 80–91.
39. Chung KF. Current and future prospects for drugs to suppress cough. IDrugs 2003; 6 (8): 781–786.