1. Bartosova, M., Parkkila, S., Pohlodek, K., et al. Expression of carbonic anhydrase IX v breast is associated with malignant tissues and is related to overexpression of cerbB2. J Pathol, 2002, 197, p. 314–321.
2. Bennewith, KL., Dedhar, S. Targeting hypoxic tumour cells to overcome metastasis. BMC Cancer, 2011, 11, p. 504.
3. Betof, AS., Rabbani, ZN., Hardee, ME., et al. Carbonic anhydrase IX is a predictive marker of doxorubicin resistance in early-stage breast cancer independent of HER2 and TOP2A amplification. Br J Cancer, 2012, 106, p. 916–922.
4. Brennan, DJ., Jirstrom, K., Kronblad, A., et al. CA IX is an independent prognostic marker in premenopausal breast cancer patients with one to three positive lymph nodes and a putative marker of radiation resistance. Clin Cancer Res, 2006, 12, p. 6421–6431.
5. Edge, SE., Byrd, DR., Compton, CC., et al. AJCC Cancer Staging Handbook. From the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual,7th ed., Springer 2010, pp. 718, ISBN 978-0-387-88442-4.
6. Elstonm, CW., Ellis, IO. Pathological prognostic factors in breast cancer I. The value of histological grade in breast cancer: experience from a large study with long-term followup, Histopathology, 1991, 19, p. 403–410.
7. Favaro, E., Lord, S., Harris, AL., Buffa, FM. Gene expression and hypoxia in breast cancer. Genome Med, 2011, 3, p. 55.
8. Gieling, RG., Williams, KJ. Carbonic anhydrase IX as a target for metastatic disease. Bioorg Med Chem, 2012, doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2012.09.062.
9. Goldhirsch, A., Wood, WC., Coates, AS., et al. Strategies for subtypes – dealing with the diversity of breast cancer: highlights of the St Gallen International Expert Consensus on the Primary Therapy of Early Breast Cancer 2011. Ann Oncol, 2011, 22, p. 1736–1747.
10. Hammond, ME., Hayes, DF., Dowsett, M., et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology / College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for immunohistochemical testing of estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol, 2010, 28, p. 2784–2795.
12. Hussain, SA., Ganesan, R., Reynolds, G., et al. Hypoxia-regulated carbonic anhydrase IX expression is associated with poor survival in patients with invasive breast cancer. Br J Cancer, 2007, 96, p. 104–109.
13. Chia, SK., Wykoff, CC., Watson, PH., et al. Prognostic significance of a novel hypoxia-regulated marker, carbonic anhydrase IX, in invasive breast carcinoma. J Clin Oncol, 2001, 19, p. 3660–3668.
14. Lakhanim, SR., Ellis, IO., Schnitt, SJ., et al. WHO Classification of tumours of the breast. Lyon, IARC, 2012, pp. 240.
15. Lou, Y., McDonald, PC., Oloumi, A., et al. Targeting tumor hypoxia: suppression of breast tumor growth and metastasis by novel carbonic anhdrase IX inhibitors. Cancer Res, 2011, 71, p. 3364–3376.
16. McDonald, PC., Winum, JY., Supuran, CT., Dedhar, S. Recent developments in targeting carbonic anhydrase IX for cancer therapeutics. Oncotarget, 2012, 3, p. 84–97.
17. Muller, V., Riethdorf, S., Rack, B., et al. Prospective evaluation of serum tissue inhibitor of metallloproteinase I and carbonic anhydrase IX in correlation to circulating tumor cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 2011, 13, p. R71.
18. Pastorekova, S., Zavada, J. Carbonic anhydrase (CA IX) as a potential target for cancer therapy. Review article. Cancer Ther, 2004, 2, p. 245–262.
19. Saarnio, J., Parkkila, S., Parkkila, AK., et al. Immuno-histochemistry of carbonic anhydrase IX (MN/CAIX) in human gut reveals polarized expression in the epithelial cells with the highest proliferative capacity. J Histochem Cytochem, 1998, 46, p. 497–504.
20. Silverstein, MJ. The University of Southern California/Van Nuys prognostic index for ductal carcinoma in situ. Am J Surg, 2003, 186, p. 337–343.
21. Span, PN., Bussink, J., de Mulder, PH., Sweep, FCGJ. Carbonic anhydrase IX expression is more predictive than prognostic in breast cancer. Br J Cancer, 2007, 96, p. 1309.
22. Supuran, CT. Inhibition of carbonic anhydrase IX as a novel anticancer mechanism. World J Clin Oncol, 2012, 3(7), p. 98–103.
23. Takacova, M., Bartosova, M., Skvarkova, L., et al. Carbonic anhydrase IX is a clinically significant tissue and serum biomarker associated with renal cell carcinoma. Oncol Letters, 2013, 5, p. 191–197.
24. Ward, C., Langdon, SP., Mullen, P., et al. New strategies for targeting the hypoxic tumour microenvironment in breast cancer. Cancer Treat Rev, 2013, 39(2), p. 171–179.
25. Wolff, AC., Hammond, ME., Schwartz, JN., et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer. J Clin Oncol, 2007, 25, p. 118–145.