1. Argenta LC., Morykwas MJ. Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: clinical experience. Ann. Plast. Surg., 38, 1997, p. 563–576.
2. Bill TJ., Ratliff CR., Donovan AM. Quantitative swab culture versus tissue biopsy: a comparison in chronic wounds. Ostomy Wound Manage, 47, 2001, p. 34–37.
3. Bollero D., Carnino R., Risso D. Acute complex traumas of the lower limbs: a modern reconstructive approach with negative pressure therapy. Wound Rep. Regen., 15, 2007, p. 589–594.
4. Campbell PE. Surgical wound case studies with the Versatile 1 wound vacuum system for negative pressure wound therapy. J. Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs., 33, 2006, p. 2–10.
5. Chen SZ., Li J., Li XY. Effects of vacuum-assisted closure on wound microcirculation: an experimental study. Asian J .Surg., 28, 2005, p. 211–217.
6. DeFranzo AJ., Argenta LC., Marks MW. The use of vacuum assisted closure therapy for the treatment of lower-extremity wounds with exposed bone. Plast. Reconstr. Surg., 108, 2001, p. 1184–1191.
7. Fife CE., Walker D., Thomson B. The safety of negative pressure wound therapy using vacuum-assisted closure in diabetic foot ulcers treated in the outpatient setting. Int. Wound. J. ,5 Suppl, 2008, p. 217–222.
8. Herscovici D. Jr., Sanders RW., Scaduto JM. Vacuum-assisted wound closure (VAC therapy) for the management of patients with high energy soft tissue injuries. J. Orthop. Trauma, 17, 2003, p. 683–688.
9. Hersh RE., Jack JM., Dahman MI. The vacuum-assisted closure device as a bridge to sternal wound closure. Ann. Plast. Surg., 46, 2001, p. 250–254.
10. Hertel R., Lambert SM., Muller S. On the timing of soft-tissue reconstruction for open fractures of the lower leg. Arch. Orthop. Trauma Surg. 119 ,1999, p.7–12.
11. Katsamouris AN., Steriopoulos K., Katonis P. Limbs arterial injuries associated with limb fractures: clinical presentation, assessment and management. Eur. J. Vasc. Endovasc. Surg., 9,1995, p. 964–970.
12. Morykwas MJ., Argenta LC., Shelton-Brown EI. Vacuum-assisted closure: a new method for wound control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation. Ann. Plast. Surg., 38, 1997, p. 553–562.
13. Stewart KJ., Wilson Y., Keating M. Suction dressing are no substitute for flap cover in acute open fractures. Br. J. Plast. Surg., 3667, 2001, p. 652–653.
14. Weed T., Ratliff C., Drake DB. Quantifying bacterial bioburden during negative pressure wound therapy. Does the wound VAC enhance bacterial clearance? Ann. Plast. Surg., 52, 2004, p. 276–280.
15. Weitz-Marshall AD, Bosse MJ. Timing of closure of open fracture. J. Am. Acad. Orthop. Surg., 10, 2002, p. 379–384.
16. Wu SH., Zecha PJ., Feits R. Vacuum therapy as an intermediate phase in wound closure: a clinical experience. Eur. J. Plast. Surg., 23, 2000, p. 174–177.
17. Zalavras CG., Patzakidis MJ. Open fractures: evaluation and management. J. Am. Acad. Orthop. Surg., 11, 2003, p. 212–219.