1. Baselga J, Cortés J, Kim SB et al. CLEOPATRA Study Group. Pertuzumab plus trastuzumab plus docetaxel for metastatic breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2012; 366(2): 109–119.
2. Geyer CE, Forster J, Lindquist D et al. Lapatinib plus capecitabine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2006; 355(26): 2733–2743.
3. Verma S, Miles D, Gianni L et al. EMILIA Study Group. Trastuzumab emtansine for HER2-positive advanced breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2012; 367(19): 1783–1791.
4. DeSantis C, Siegel R, Bandi P et al. Breast cancer statistics 2011. CA Cancer J Clin 2011; 61(6): 409–418.
5. Cuzick J, Sestak I, Baum M et al. Effect of anastrozole and tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for early-stage breast cancer: 10-year analysis of the ATAC trial. Lancet Oncol 2010; 11(12): 1135–1141.
6. McDermott U, Downing JR, Stratton MR. Genomics and the continuum of cancer care. N Engl J Med 2011; 364(4): 340–350.
7. Sotiriou C, Pusztai L. Gene-expression signatures in breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2009; 360(8): 790–800.
8. Cassol L, Silveira GM, Zelmanowicz A et al. Basal-like immunophenotype markers and prognosis in early breast cancer. Tumori 2010; 96(6): 966–970.
9. Ravdin PM, Siminoff LA, Davis GJ et al. Computer program to assist in making decisions about adjuvant therapy for women with early breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19(4): 980–991.
10. Olivotto IA, Bajdik CD, Ravdin PM et al. Population-based validation of the prognostic model ADJUVANT! for early breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23(12): 2716–2725.
11. Abdulkarim BS, Cuartero J, Hanson J et al. Increased risk of locoregional recurrence for women with T1-2N0 triple-negative breast cancer treated with modified radical mastectomy without adjuvant radiation therapy compared with breast-conserving therapy. J Clin Oncol 2011; 29(21): 2852–2858.
12. Azim HA Jr, Michiels S, Bedard PL et al. Elucidating prognosis and biology of breast cancer arising in young women using gene expression profiling. Clin Cancer Res 2012; 18(5): 1341–1351.
13. Cancello G, Maisonneuve P, Rotmensz N et al. Prognosis and adjuvant treatment effects in selected breast cancer subtypes of very young women (< 35 years) with operable breast cancer. Ann Oncol 2010; 21(10): 1974–1981.
14. Colleoni M, Rotmensz N, Peruzzotti G et al. Role of endocrine responsiveness and adjuvant therapy in very young women (below 35 years) with operable breast cancer and node negative disease. Ann Oncol 2006; 17(10): 1497–1503.
15. Tang J, Wu CC, Xie ZM et al. Comparison of Clinical Features and Treatment Outcome of Breast Cancers in Young and Elderly Chinese Patients. Breast Care (Basel) 2011; 6(6): 435–440.
16. Piccart-Gebhart MJ, Procter M, Leyland-Jones B et al. Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) Trial Study Team. Trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive breast cancer. N Engl J Med 2005; 353(16): 1659–1672.