1. MussoG, GambinoR, TabibianJH, Ekstedt M, KechagiasS, et al. (2014) Association of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease with chronic kidney disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS Med 11: e1001680.
2. LaBrecque D, Abbas A, Anania F, Ferenci P, Khan A, et al.. (2012) Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, World Gastroenterology Organisation Global Guidelines. Accessible: http://www.worldgastroenterology.org/assets/export/userfiles/2012_NASH%20and%20NAFLD_Final_long.pdf. Accessed 13 June 2014.
3. LallC, AisenA, BansalN, SandrasegaranK (2008) Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Am J Roentgenol 190: 993–1002.
4. KimN, KimJ, KimY, YooH, KimH, et al. (2014) Clinical and metabolic factors associated with development and regression of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in nonobese subjects. Liver International 34: 604–611.
5. KeatingS, HackettD, GeorgeJ, JohnsonN (2012) Exercise and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Hepatol 57: 157–166.
6. LeveyAS, BoschJP, LewisJB, GreeneT, RogersN, et al. (1999) A more accurate method to estimate glomerular filtration rate from serum creatinine: a new prediction equation. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group. Ann Intern Med 130: 461–470.
7. K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for chronic kidney disease: evaluation, classification, and stratification. Am J Kidney Dis 39: S1–S266.
8. EckardtK, CoreshJ, DevuystO, JohnsonR, KöttgenA, et al. (2013) Evolving importance of kidney disease: from subspecialty to global health burden. Lancet 382: 158–169.
9. WinearlsC, HaynesR, GlassockR (2010) CKD Staging-evolution not revolution. Nefrología (Madr.) online 30: 493–500.
10. Burch D (2012). The invention of an illness. Available: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/pandemics/2012/12/fatty_liver_disease_invention_a_diagnosis_that_doesn_t_do_any_good.html. Accessed 13 June 2014.
11. AdamsL, AnguloP (2006) Treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Postgrad Med J 82: 315–322.
12. BlackC, SharmaP, ScotlandG, McCulloughK, McGurnD, et al. (2010) Early referral strategies for management of people with markers of renal disease: a systematic review of the evidence of clinical effectiveness, cost-effectiveness and economic analysis. Health Technol Asses 14: 1–184.
13. AbramsonJ, RosenbergH, JewellN, WrightJ (2013) Should people at low risk of cardiovascular disease take a statin? BMJ 347: f6123.
14. GreenlandP, KnollM, StamlerJ, NeatonJ, DyerA, et al. (2003) Major risk factors as antecedents of fatal and nonfatal coronary heart disease events. JAMA 290: 891–897.
15. PencinaM, Navar-BogganA, D'AgostinoR, WilliamsK, NeelyB, et al. (2014) Application of new cholesterol guidelines to a population-based sample. N Engl J Med 370: 1422–1431.
16. The Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration (2011) Separate and combined associations of body-mass index and abdominal adiposity with cardiovascular disease: collaborative analysis of 58 prospective studies. Lancet 377: 1085–1095.