1. Redfi eld MM, Jacobsen SJ, Burnett jr. JC et al. Burden of systolic and di astolic ventricular dysfuncti on in the community: appreci ating the scope of the he art failure epidemic. JAMA 2003; 289: 194– 202.
2. Kitzman DW, Gardin JM, Gottdi ener JS et al. Importance of he art failure with preserved systolic functi on in pati ents > or 65 ye ars of age. CHS rese arch gro up. Cardi ovascular he alth study. Am J Cardi ol 2001; 87: 413– 419.
3. Ni eminen MS, Boehm M, Cowi e MR et al. Executive summary of the guidelines on the di agnosis and tre atment of acute he art failure. Europe an He art Jo urnal 2005; 26: 383– 416.
4. Ami odarone Tri als Meta Analysis Investigators: Effect of prophylactic ami odarone on mortality after acute myocardi al infarcti on and in congestive he art failure: meta‑analysis of individu al data from 6500 pati ents in randomised tri als. Lancet 1997; 350: 1417– 1424.
5. McCullo ugh PA, Philbin PF, Spertus JA et al. Confirmati on of he art failure epidemic: finding from the Reso urce Utilisati on Among Congestive He art Failure (REACH) study. J Am Coll Cardi ol 2002; 39: 60– 69.
6. Cleland JG, Swedberg K, Follath F et al. The EuroHe art Failure survey programme – a survey on the qu ality of care among pati ents with he art failure in Europe. Part 1: Pati ents characteristics and di agnosis. Eur He art J 2001: 22: 228– 236.
7. Fox KF, Cowi e MR, Wo od DA et al. Coronary artery dise ase as the ca use of incident he art failure in the populati on. Eur He art J 2001; 22: 228– 236.
8. Ni eminen MS, Harjola VP, Hochadel M et al. Gender related differences in pati ents presenting with acute he art failure. Results from EuroHe art failure Survey II. Eur J He art Fail 2008; 10: 140– 148.
9. Komajda M, Follath F, Swedberg K et al. The EuroHe art failure Survey programme – a survey of the qu ality of care among pati ents with he art failure in Europe. Part 2: Tre atment. Eur He art J 2003; 24: 464– 474.
10. Ritter M, La ule Kili an K, Klima T et al. Gender differences in acute congestive he ar failure. Swiss Med Wkly 2006; 136: 311– 317.
11. Gustafsson F, Torp- Pederse CH, Burchardt H et al. Female sex is associ ated with a better long term survival in pati ents hospitalised with congestive he art failure. Eur He art J 2004; 25: 129– 135.
12. Abraham WT, Fonarow GC, Albert NM et al. Predictors of In hospital mortality in pati ents hopizalized for he art failure. JACC 2008; 52: 347– 356.
13. Galvao M, Kalman J, Demarco T et al. Gender differences in In- Hospital Management and o utcomes in Pati ents with Decompensated He art Failure Nati onal Registry (ADHERE). J Card Fail 2006; 12: 100– 107.
14. Špinar J, Ludka O, Musil V et al. The profile and prognosis of pati ents hospitalised with he art failure. The value of discharge blo od pressure and cholesterol. Int He art J 2008; 49: 691– 705.