1. Neviackas JA, Bauer JH. Renal function abnormalities induced by marathon running. South Med J 1981; 74: 1457–1460.
2. Alverez C, Mir J, Obaya S et al. Hematuria and microalbuminuria after a 100 kilometer race. Am J Sports Med 1987; 15: 609–611.
3. Irving RA, Noakes TD, Irving GA et al. The immediate delayed effects of marathon running on renal function. J Urol 1986; 136: 1176–1180.
4. Kallmeyer JC, Miller NM. Urinary changes in ultra long distance marathon runners. Nephron 1993; 61: 119–121.
5. Myhre LG, Hartung GH, Nunneley SA et al. Plasma volume changes in middle-aged male and female subjects during marathon running. J Appl Physiol 1985; 59: 559–563.
6. Nelson PB, Ellis D, Fu F et al. Fluid and electrolyte balance during a cool weather marathon. Am J Sports Med 1989; 17: 770–772.
7. Newmark SR, Toppo FR, Adams G. Fluid and electrolyte replacement in the ultramarathon runner. Am J Sports Med 1991; 19: 389–391.
8. Lijnen P, Hespel P, Fagard R et al. Erythrocyte, plasma and urinary magnesium in men before and after a marathon. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol 1988; 58: 252–256.
9. Apple FS. The creatine kinase system in the serum of runners following a doubling of training mile age. Clin Physiol 1992; 12: 419–424.
10. Lippi G, Schena F, Salvagno GL et al. Acute variation of biochemical markers of muscle damage folloving a 21- km half marathon run. Scan J Clin Lab Invest 2008; 68: 667–672.
11. Clarkson PM. Exertional rhabdomyolysis and acute renal failure in marathon runners. Sports Med 2007; 37: 361–363.
12. Vega JS, Gutiérrez MC, Goecke HS et al. Renal failure secundary to effort rhabdomyolysis. Report of three cases. Rev Med Chile 2006; 134: 211–216.
13. Meinders AJ, Meinders AE. Hyponatraemia during a long‑distance run: Due to excessive fluid intake. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 2007; 151: 581–587.
14. Reid SA, Speedy DB, Thompson JMD et al. Study of hematological and biochemical parameters in runners completing a standard marathon. Clin J Sport Med 2004; 14: 344–353.
15. Kaminsky LA, Paul GL. Fluid intake during an ultramarathon runnig race: relationship to plasma volume and serum sodium and potassium. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 1991; 31: 417–419.