1. European Commission (2007) “Decisions adopted jointly by the European Parliament and the Council” under Health Programme 2008–2013. Retrieved November 3, 2012 from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2007:301:003:0013:EN:PDF.
2. NisiiC, CastillettiC, Di CaroA, CapobianchiMR, BrownD, et al. (2009) The European network of Biosafety-Level-4 laboratories: enhancing European preparedness for new healththreats. Clin Microbiol Infect 15(8): 720–726.
3. IppolitoG, FuscoFM, Di CaroA, NisiiC, PompaMG, et al. (2009) Facing the threat of highly infectious diseases in Europe: the need for a networking approach. Clin Microbiol Infect 15(8): 706–710.
4. IppolitoG, NisiiC, CapobianchiMR (2008) Networking for infectious-disease emergencies in Europe. Nat Rev Microbiol 6(7): 564.
5. BakaA, FuscoFM, PuroV, VetterN, SkinhojP, et al. (2007) A core curriculum for health care workers on training in management of highly infectious diseases. Euro Surveill 12(6): 5–6 Retrieved November 18, 2012, from http://www.eurosurveillance.org/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=716.
6. BannisterB, PrygodziczA, IppolitoG (2009) ETIDE Working Group (2009) Training health care workers to face highly infectious diseases. Clin Microbiol Infect 15(8): 740–742.
7. European Commission (2012) Harmonizing European Initiatives of high-level Biocontainment Laboratories (HEIBL), Conference No. 20084152 under EU Health Programme 2008–2013. Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://ec.europa.eu/eahc/projects/database.html?prjno=20084152.
8. European Commission (2010) European Research Infrastructure on Highly Pathogenic Agents (ERINHA). Supported under the capacities work programme of the 7th framework programme 2007–2013. Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://www.erinha.eu.
9. European Commission (2011) Quality Assurance Exercises and Networking on the Detection of Highly Infectious Pathogens (QUANDHIP). Joint Action No. 20102102 of the Executive Agency for Health and Consumers (EAHC). Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://www.quandhip.eu.
10. United States Government Accountability Office (2007) High-containment biosafety laboratories: preliminary observations on the oversight of the proliferation of BSL-3 and BSL-4 laboratories in the United States. Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://www.absa.org/leg/0712GAOHighContainmentLabsReport.pdf.
11. LeDucJW, AndersonK, BloomME, CarrionRJr, FeldmannH, et al. (2009) Potential impact of a 2-person security rule on Biosafety Level 4 laboratory workers. Emerg Infect Dis 15(7): 1 Retrieved November 18, 2012, from http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/15/7/08-1523_article.htm
12. IppolitoG, NisiiC, CaroAD, BrownD, GopalR, et al. (2009) European perspective of 2-person rule for biosafety level 4 laboratories. Emerg Infect Dis 15(11): 1858.
13. OnyangoCO, OpokaML, KsiazekTG, FormentyP, AbdullahiA, et al. (2007) Laboratory diagnosis of ebola haermorrhagic fever during an outbreak in Yambio, Sudan, 2004. J Infect Dis 196: 193–198.
14. TownerJS, SealyTK, KsiazekTG, NicholST (2007) High-throughput molecular detection of haemorrhagic fever virus threats with applications for outbreak settings. J Infec Dis 196: 205–212.
15. TownerJS, KhristovaML, SealyTK, VincentMJ, EricksonBR, et al. (2006) Marburgvirus genomics and association with a large haemorrhagic fever outbreak in Angola. J Virol 80: 6497–6516.
16. GrollaA, LuchtA, DickD, StrongJE, FeldmannH (2005) Laboratory diagnosis of Ebola and Marburg haemorrhagic fever. Bull Soc Pathol Exot 98: 205–209.
17. TownerJS, RollinPE, BauschDG, SanchezA, CrarySM, et al. (2004) Rapid diagnosis of Ebola haemorrhagic fever by reverse transcription-PCR in an outbreak setting and assessment of patient viral load as a predictor of outcome. J Virol 78: 4330–4341.
18. GrollaA, JonesSM, FernandoL, StrongJE, StröherU, et al. (2011) The use of a mobile laboratory unit in support of patient management and epidemiological surveillance during the 2005 Marburg Outbreak in Angola. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5: e1183 doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0001183.
19. Wildlife Conservation Society (2007) “One World – One Health” event 2007–2009. Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://oneworldonehealth.org/.
20. World Health Organization (2005) International health regulations. Retrieved November 3, 2012, from http://www.who.int/ihr/en/.