1. Scott BH. Blood transfusion in cardiac surgery: Is it appropriate? Ann Card Anaesth 2007; 10: 108–112.
2. Toblli JE, et al. Intravenous Iron Reduces NT-Pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide in Anemic Patients With Chronic Heart Failure and Renal Insufficiency. Journal of the American College of Cardiology October 2007; 50(17): 1657–1665.
3. García-Erce JA, et al. Preoperative iron sucrose for anemia outpatients awaiting surgery. A pilot study (abstract). Transfus Altern Transfus Med 2006; 8 (Suppl.): 82–83.
4. Goodnough LT, et al. Detection, evaluation, and management of anemia in the elective surgical patient. Anesth Analg 2005; 101: 1858–1861.
5. Slipac J. Bezkrevní medicína. Praha: Triton 2008.
6. KDOQI. Clinical Practice guidelines and clinical practice recommendations for anemia in chronic kidney disease. Am J Kidney Dis 2006; 47 (Suppl. 3): 1–145.
7. García-Erce JA, et al. Perioperative intravenous iron preserves iron stores and may hasten the recovery from post-operative anaemia after knee replacement surgery. Transfus Med 2006; 16: 335–341.
8. Cuenca J, et al. Patients with pertrochanteric hip fracture may benefit from preoperative intravenous iron therapy: a pilot study. Transfusion 2004; 44(10): 1447–1452.
9. Diez-Lobo AI, et al. Preoperative intravenous iron administration corrects anemia and reduces transfusion requirement in women undergoing abdominal hysterectomy. Transfusion Alternatives in Transfusion Medicine 2007; 9(2): 114–119.
10. García-Erce JA, et al. Perioperative stimulation of erythropoiesis with intravenous iron and erythropoietin reduces transfusion requirements in patients with hip fracture. A prospective observational study. Vox Sang 2005; 88(4): 235–243.
11. Beris P, et al. Perioperative anaemia management: consensus statement on the role of intravenous iron. British Journal of Anaesthesia, doi:10.1093/bja/aen054. BJA. Advance Access published online on March 27, 2008.
12. Burns DL, et al. Parenteral iron dextran therapy: a review. Nutrition 1995; 11: 163–168.
13. Martini A, et al. Intravenous iron therapy for severe anaemia in systemic-onset juvenile chronic arthritis. Lancet 1994; 344: 1052–1054.
14. Maniatis A. How we establish the correct use of blood and IV iron in the hospital setting? Perspectives in IV iron. International Series of Meetings, January 2008; 14–15.
15. Critchley J, Dundar Y. Adverse events associated with intravenous iron infusion (low-molecular-weight iron dextran and iron sucrose): a systematic review. Transfusion Altern Transfusion Med 2007; 9: 8–36.
16. Bisbe E, et al. Prevalence of Preoperative Anemia and Hematinic Deficiencies: Results. Transfusion Alter Transfusion Med 2008; 10(4): 166–173.
17. Maniatis A. Intravenous iron as an alternative to blood transfusion. Fereport 2007: 4–5.
18. Theusinger OM, et al. Treatment of iron deficiency anemia in orthopedic surgery with intravenous iron: Efficacy and limits: A prospective study. Anesthesiology 2007; 107: 923–927.
19. MuĖoz M. In which indication schould we use IV iron instead of blood transfusion? Experience in major surgery. Perspectives in IV iron. International Series of Meetings, January 2008; 12–13.
20. MuĖoz M, et al. Pharmacological management of perioperative anaemia: our experience in orthopedic surgery. Vox Sanguinis July 2007; 93 (Suppl. 1): 47.
21. Auerbach M. Anemia management – role of intravenous iron. Transfusion Alternatives in Transfusion Medicine 2009; 11 (Suppl. 1): 3.