1. Misteli T, Soutoglou E. The emerging role of nuclear architecture in DNA repair and genome maintenance Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 2009; 10: 243–254.
2. Vigoroux C. Laminopathies: Lipodystrophies, insulin resistance, syndromes of accelerated ageing… and others. Annales d’Endocrinologie 2005; 66: 270–278.
3. Jacob KN, Garg A. Laminopathies: Multisystem dystrophy sydromes. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism 2006; 87: 289–302.
4. Kudlow BA, et al. Suppresion of prpoliferative fecects associated with processing-defective Lamin A mutants by hTERT or inactivation of p53. Mol Biol Cell 2008; 19: 38–48.
5. Salvioli S, et al. Why do centenarians escape or postpone cancer? The role of IGF-1, inflammation and p53. C 2009; PMID: 19139887.
6. Volk EL, et al. MDM2-A, a common Mdm2 splice variant, causes perinatal lethality, reduced longevity and enhanced senescence. Dis Model Mech 2009; 2: 47–55.
7. Tavernarakis N, et al. The effects of p53 on whole organism longevity are mediated by autophagy. 2008; 4: 870–873.
8. Cheung, CTY, et al. CARF: An emerging regulator of p53 tumor suppressor and senescence pathway. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2009; 130: 18–23.
9. Den Reijer PM, et al. Influenece of the TP53 codon 72 polymorphism on the cellular responses to X-irradiation in fibroblasts from nonagenarians. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2008; 129: 175–182.
10. Zhu ZZ, et al. Association of p53 codon 72 polymorphism with genetic susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma in Chinese population. Chinese J Med Genetics 2005; 22: 632–635.
11. Fridman AL, et al. Expression profiling identifies three pathways altered in cellular immortalization: interferon, cell cycle, and cytoskeleton. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 2006; 61: 879–889.
12. Fridman AL, Tainsky MA. Critical pathways in cellular senescence and immortalization revealed by gene expression profiling. Oncogene 2008; 27: 5975–5987.
13. Misteli T, Scaffidi P. Genome instability in progeria: when repair gets old. Nature Medicine 2005; 11: 718-719.
14. Rossi ML et al. Lagging strand replication proteins in genome stability and DNA repair Chemical Reviews 2006; 106: 453–447.
15. Garinis GA, et al. DNA damage and ageing: new-age ideas for an age-old problem. Nature Cell Biology 2008; 10: 1241–1247.
16. Kyng KJ, Bohr VA. Gene expression and DNA repair in progeroid syndromes and human ageing Ageing Research Reviews 2005; 4: 579–602.
17. Bachrati CZ, Hickson ID. RecQ helicases: suppresors of tumorigenesis and premature ageing. Biochem J 2003; 374: 577–606.
18. Hanada K, Hickson LD. Molecular genetics of RecQ helicase disorders. Cell Mol Life Sci 2007; 64: 2306–2322.
19. Shoba B, et al. Function of sirtuins in biological tissues. Anat Rec (Hoboken) 2009; 292: 536–543.
20. Imai SI. From heterochromatin islands to the NAD World: A hierarchical view of aging through the Biochim Biophys Acta 2009; 13: PMID: 19289152.
21. Brdička R. O lidské dlouhověkosti – 1. vnější vlivy. Čas Lék čes 2009; 48: 264–268??.
22. Njajou OT, et al. Telomere length is paternally inherited and is associated with parental lifespan. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2007; 104: 12135–12139.
23. Jiang H, et al. Proteins induced by telomere dysfunction and DNA damage represent biomarkers of human aging and disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2008; 105: 11299–11304.
24. Nabetani A, Ishikawa F. Unusual telomeric DNAs in human telomerase-negative immortalized cells. Molecular and Cellular Biology 2009; 29: 703–713.
25. Gu B, Bessler M, Mason PJ. Dyskerin, telomerase and the DNA damage response. Cell Cycle 2009; 8: 6–10.
26. Pani G, Koch OR, Galeotti T. The p53-p66shc-Manganese Superoxide Dismutase (MnSOD) network: A mitochondrial intrigue to generate reactive oxygen species International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology 2009; 41: 1002–1005.
27. Gruber J, Schaffer S, Halliwell B. The mitochondrial free radical theory of ageing – where do we stand? Frontiers in bioscience: a journal and virtual library 2008; 13: 6554–6657.
28. Dowling DK, et al. Applying the genetic theories of ageing to the cytoplasm: Cytoplasmic genetic covariation for fitness and lifespan Journal of Evolutionary Biology 2009; 22: 818–827.
29. Dalakishvili S, et al. Age-related changes of sex hormones-level among males in populations with high index of longevity. Georgian Med News. 2009; 168: 2–84.
30. Giordano R, et al. Growth hormone treatment in human ageing: benefits and risks. Hormones (Athens, Greece) 2008; 7: 133–139.
31. Wu YH, Swaab DF. The human pineal gland and melatonin in aging and Alzheimer‘s disease. J Pineal Res. 2005; 38: 145–152.
32. Anisimov VN. Pineal gland, biorhythms and aging of an organism Usp Fiziol Nauk 2008; 39: 40–65 (v ruštině).
33. Russo De Boland A. Age-related changes in the response of intestinal cells to parathyroid hormone. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2004; 125: 877–888.
34. Hashizume K, et al. Endocrinological aspects of aging: Adaptation to and acceleration of aging by the endocrine systém. Geriatrics & Gerontology International 2006; 6: 1–6.
35. Hashizume K. Silent endocrinological deviation in elderly: Loss and excess of endocrinological adaptation to ageing. Japanese Journal of Geriatrics 2008; 45: 482–484.
36. Tatar M, Bartke A, Antebi, A. The endocrine regulation of aging by insulin-like signals Science, 2003; 299: 1346–1351.
37. Bonkowski MS, et al. Disruption of growth hormone receptor prevents calorie restriction from improving insulin action and longevity. 2009; 4(2): e4567.
38. Zuk M. The sicker sex. Plos Pathos 2009; 5(1): e1000267.
39. ViĖa J, et al. Why females live longer than mkales ? importace of the upregulation of longevity-associated genes by oestrogenic compounds. FEBS Letters 2005; 579: 2541–2545.
40. ViĖa J, et al. Modulation of longevity-associated genes by estrogenes or phytoestrogenes. Biol Chem 2008; 389: 273–277.
41. Nakanuta E, Miyao K. Sex differences in human biological ageing. J Gerontology – Series A: Bioological Science and Medical Science 2008; 63: 936–944.
42. Biecek P, Cebrat S.Why y chromosome is shorter and women live longer? European Physical Journal B 2008; 65: 149–153.
43. Kaszubowska L.Telomere shortening and ageing of the immune system. J Physiol Pharmacol 2008; 59 (Suppl 9): 169–186.
44. Bauer ME, Jackel CM, Luz C. The role of stress factors dutiny ageing of the immune systém. Ann NY Acad Sci 2009; 1153: 139–152.
45. Lustig A, et al. Transcriptome analysis of murine thymocytes reveals age-associated chnakges in thymic gene expression. Int J Med Sci 2009; 6: 51–64
46. Agrawal A, et al. Increased reactivity of dendritic cells from aged subjects to self-antigen, the human DNA. J Immunol 2009; 182: 1138–1145.
47. Larbi A, Fülöp T, Pawelec G. Immune receptor signaling, aging and autoimmunity. Adv Exp Med Biol 2008; 640: 312–324.
48. Hattori N. Expression, regulation and biological actions of growth hormone (GH) and ghrelin in the immune system. Growth Hormone and IGF Research 2009; 19; 187–197.
49. Dorshkind K, Montecino-Rodriguez E, Signer RAJ. The ageing immune system: Is it ever too old to become young again? Nature Reviews Immunology 2009; 9: 57–62.
50. Ang LS, et al. Apolipoprotein E, an important player in longevity and age-related diseases. Experimental Gerontology 2008; 43: 615–622.
51. Corbo RM, et al. Study on a possible effect of four longevity candidate genes (ACE, PON1, PPAR- and APOE) on human fertility. Biogerontology 2008; 9: 317–323.
52. Rosvall L, et al. APOE-related mortality: Effect of dementia, cardiovascular disease and gender Neurobiology of Aging 2008; PMID 18237822.
53. Tan Q, Kruse TA, Christensen K. Design and analysis in genetic studies of human ageing and longevity. Ageing Res Rev 2006; 5: 371–387.
54. Baranov VS, Baranova EV. Genetic aspects of ageing. Adv Gerontol 2007; 20: 26–34(v ruštině).
55. Glotov OS, Baranov VS. Genetic polymorphism and ageing. Adv Gerontol 2007; 20: 35-55 (v ruštině).
56. Passtoors WM, et al. Genomic studies in ageing research:the need to integrate genetic and gene expression approaches. J Intern Med 2008; 263: 153–166.
57. Curran SP, Ruvkun G. Lifespan regulation by evolutionarily conserved genes essential for viability. PlosGenet 2007; 3(4): e56.
58. Fallin MD, Matteini A. Genetic epidemiology in ageing research. J Gerontology A Biol Sci Med Sci 2009; 64: 47–60.
59. Alpert JS. 12 Guides to heath, Happiness, and Longevity (with apologies to P. J. O’Rourke) Am J Med 2008; 121: 551–552.