1. Regitz‑ Zagrosek V, Lundqvist CB, Borghi C et al. ESC Guidelines on the management of cardiovascular diseases during pregnancy: the Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur Heart J 2011; 32: 3147– 3197.
2. Drenthen W, Boersma E, Balci A et al. Predictors of pregnancy complications in women with congenital heart disease. Eur Heart J 2010; 31: 2124– 2132.
3. Popelová J, Zatočil T, Vavera Z et al. Mechanical heart valve prosthesis in pregnancy – multicenter retrospective observational study. Cor Vasa 2012; 54: 217– 222.
4. Siu SC, Sermer M, Colman JM et al. Prospective multicenter study of pregnancy outcomes in women with heart disease. Circulation 2001; 104: 515– 521.
5. Khairy P, Ouyang DW, Fernandes SM et al. Pregnancy outcomes in women with congenital heart disease. Circulation 2006; 113: 517– 524.
6. Siu SC, Colman JM, Sorensen S et al. Adverse neonatal and cardiac outcomes are more common in pregnant women with cardiac disease. Circulation 2002; 105: 2179– 2184.
7. Chan WS, Anand S, Ginsberg JS. Anticoagulation of pregnant women with mechanical heart valves: a systematic review of the literature. Arch Intern Med 2000; 160: 191– 196.
8. Roos‑ Hesselink JW, Ruys TP, Stein JI et al. Outcome of pregnancy in patients with structural or ischaemic heart disease: results of a registry of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J 2013; 34: 657– 665.
9. McLintock C, McCowan LM, North RA. Maternal complications and pregnancy outcome in women with mechanical prosthetic heart valves treated with enoxaparin. BJOG 2009; 116: 1585– 1592.
10. Abildgaard U, Sandset PM, Hammerstrom J et al.Management of pregnant women with mechanical heart valve prosthesis: thromboprophylaxis with low molecular weight heparin. Thromb Res 2009; 124: 262– 267.
11. Yinon Y, Siu SC, Warshafsky C et al. Use of low molecular weight heparin in pregnant women with mechanical heart valves. Am J Cardiol 2009; 104: 1259– 1263.
12. Elkayam U, Bitar F. Valvular heart disease and pregnancy: part II: prosthetic valves. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005; 46: 403– 410.
13. Oran B, Lee‑ Parritz A, Ansell J. Low molecular weight heparin for the prophylaxis of thromboembolism in women with prosthetic mechanical heart valves during pregnancy. Thromb Haemost 2004; 92: 747– 751.
14. Menschengieser SS, Fondevila CG, Santarelli MT et al. Anticoagulation in pregnant women with mechanical heart valve prostheses. Heart 1999; 82: 23– 26.
15. Ashour ZA, Shawky HA, Hassan Hussein M. Outcome of pregnancy in women with mechanical valves. Tex Heart Inst J 2000; 27: 240– 245.
16. Sadler I, McCowan L, White H et al. Pregnancy outcomes and cardiac complications in women with mechanical, bioprosthetic and homograft valves. BJOG 2000; 107: 245– 253.
17. Schaefer C, Hannemann D, Meister R et al. Vitamin K antagonists and pregnancy outcome. A multi‑centre prospective study. Thromb Haemost 2006; 95: 949– 957.
18. Vitale N, De Feo M, De Santo LS et al. Dose‑dependent fetal complications of warfarin in pregnant women with mechanical heart valves. J Am Coll Cardiol 1999; 33: 1637– 1641.
19. van Driel D, Wesseling J, Sauer PJ et al. Teratogen update: fetal effects after in utero exposure to coumarins overview of cases, follow‑up findings, and pathogenesis. Teratology 2002; 66: 127– 140.
20. Sillesen M, Hjortdal V, Vejlstrup N et al. Pregnancy with prosthetic heart valves – 30 years’ nationwide experience in Denmark. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2011; 40: 448– 454.
21. Cotrufo M, De Feo M, De Santo LS et al. Risk of warfarin during pregnancy with mechanical valve prostheses. Obstet Gynecol 2002; 99: 35– 40.
22. Vahanian A, Alfieri O, Andreotti F et al. Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease (version 2012). Eur Heart J 2012; 33: 2451– 2496.
23. North RA, Sadler L, Stewart AW et al. Long‑term survival and valve‑related complications in young women with cardiac valve replacements. Circulation 1999; 99: 2669– 2676.
24. Avila WS, Rossi EG, Grinberg M et al. Influence of pregnancy after bioprosthetic valve replacement in young women: a prospective five‑year study. J Heart Valve Dis 2002; 11: 864– 869.
25. Bates SM, Greer IA, Hirsh J et al. Use of antithrombotic agents during pregnancy: the Seventh ACCP Conference on Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy. Chest 2004; 126 (Suppl 3): 627– 644.
26. Abbas AE, Lester SJ, Connolly H. Pregnancy and the cardiovascular system. Int J Cardiol 2005; 98: 179– 189.