1. Strong JP, Malcolm GT, McMahan CA, et al. Prevalence and extent of atherosclerosis in adolescent and young adults. Implications for prevention from the pathobiological determinants of atherosclerosis in Youth study. JAMA 1998; 281: 727–735.
2. Napoli CD Armiento FP, Mancici FP et al. Fatty streak formation occurs in human fetal aortas and is greatly enhanced by maternal hypercholesterolemia: intimal accumulation of low density lipoprotein and its oxidation precede monocyte recruitment into early atherosclerotic lesions. J Clin Invest 1997; 100: 2680–2690.
3. Berenson GS, Srinivasan SR, Bao W, et al. Association between multiple cardiovascular risk factors and atherosclerosis in children and young adults. N Engl J Med 1998; 338: 1650–1656.
4. Dhillon R, Clarkson P, Donald AE, et al. Endothelial dysfunction late after Kawasaki disease. Circulation 1996; 94: 2103–2106.
5. Charakida M, Donald AE, Terese M, et al. Endothelial dysfunction in childhood infection. Circulation 2005; 111: 1660–1665.
6. Liuba P, Karnani P, Pesonen E, et al. Endothelial dysfunction after repeated Chlamydia pneumoniae infection in apolipoprotein E-knockout mice. Circulation 2000; 102: 1039–1044.
7. Napoli C, Glass CK, Wiztum JL, et al. Influence of maternal hypercholesterolaemia during pregnancy on progression of early atherosclerotic lesions in childhood: Fate of Early Lesions in Children (FELIC) study. Lancet 1999; 354, 1234–1241.
8. Thorpe LE, List DG, Marx T, et al. Childhood obesity in New York elementary chool students. Am J Publ Health 2004; 94: 1496–1500.
9. Procházka B, Stožický F. Primární prevence časného rozvoje aterosklerózy u dětí v České republice. Cor Vasa 2009; 51: (v tisku).
10. Sinaiko AR, Donahuoe RP, Jacobs DR, Prineas RJ. Relation of weight and increase in weight during childhood and adolescence to body size, blood pressure, fasting insulin and lipids in young adults. The Minneapolis Children’s Blood Pressure Study. Circulation 1999; 99: 1471–1476.
11. Steinberger J, Daniels SR. Obesity, insulin resistance, diabetes and cardiovascular risk in children. An American Heart Association Scientific Statement From the Atherosclerosis, hypertension, and Obesity in the Young Committee (Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young) and the Diabete Committee (Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism). Circulation 2003; 107: 1448–1453.
12. Tounian P, Aggoun Y, Dubern B, et al. Presence of increased stiffness of the common carotid artery and endothelial dysfunction in severly obese children: a prospective study. Lancet 2001; 358: 1400–1004.
13. Mimoun E, Aggoun Y, Pousset M, et al. Association of arterial stiffness and endothelial dysfunction with metabolic syndrome in obese children. J Pediatr 2008; 153: 65–70.
14. Barnoya J, Glantz SA. Cardiovascular effect of second hand smoking. Nearly as large as smoking. Circulation 2005; 111: 2684–2698.
15. Writing Group for the DISC Collaborative Research Group. Efficacy and safety of lowering dietary intake of fat and cholesterol in children with elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. JAMA 1995; 273: 1429–1435.
16. Niinikoski H, Lagström H, Jokinen E, et al. Impact of repeated dietary counseling between infancy and 14 years of age on dietary intakes and serum lipids and lipoproteins. The STRIP Study. Circulation 2007; 116: 1032–1040.
17. Williams CHL, Hayman LL, Daniels SR, et al. Cardiovascular health in childhood. A Statement for Health Professionals From the Committee on Atherosclerosis, Hypertension, and Obesity in the Young (AHOY) of the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation 2002; 106: 143–160.
18. Kavey R-E, Daniels SR, Lauer RM, et al. American Heart Association Guidelines for primary prevention of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease beginning in childhood. Circulation 2003; 107: 1562–1566.
19. Williams CL, Squillace MM, Bollella MC, et al. Healthy Start: A comprehensive education program for preschool children. Prev Med 1998; 27: 216–233.
20. Urbanová Z, Šamánek M, Češka R, et al. Doporučení pro diagnostiku a léčbu hyperlioproteinemií v dětství a v dospívání. Cor et Vasa 2008; 50: K41–K47.