1. Nathan DM, Cleary PA, Backlund JY et al. Intensive diabetes treatment and cardiovascular disease in patients with type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2005; 353(25): 2643–2653.
2. Orchard TJ, Nathan DM, Zinman B et al. Writing Group for the DCCT/EDIC Research Group. Association between 7 years of intensive treatment of type 1 diabetes and long-term mortality. JAMA 2015; 313(1): 45–53.
3. Stadler M, Peric S, Strohner-Kaestenbauer H et al. Mortality and incidence of renal replacement therapy in people with type 1 diabetes mellitus – a three decade long prospective observational study in the Lainz T1DM cohort. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2014; 99(12): 4523–4530.
4. Weinstock RS, Xing D, Maahs DM et al. Severe hypoglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis in adults with type 1 diabetes: results from the T1D Exchange clinic registry. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2013; 98(8): 3411–3419.
5. Sollinger HW, Odorico JS, Becker YT et al. One thousand simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplants at a single center with 22-year follow-up. Ann Surg 2009; 250(4): 618–630.
6. Girman P, Saudek F. The IKEM pancreas and islet transplant program as part of healthcare for type 1 diabetes patients: retrospective analysis of outcome from 1983 to 2010. Rev Diabet Stud 2011; 8(1): 35–43.
7. Boggi U, Rosati CM, Marchetti P. Follow-up of secondary diabetic complications after pancreas transplantation. Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2013; 18(1): 102–110.
8. Morath C, Zeier M, Döhler B et al. Transplantation of the type 1 diabetic patient: the long-term benefit of a functioning pancreas allograft. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2010; 5(3): 549–552.
9. Frier BM. Hypoglycaemia in diabetes mellitus: epidemiology and clinical implications. Nat Rev Endocrinol 2014; 10(12): 711–722.
10. Skrivarhaug T, Bangstad HJ, Stene LC et al. Long-term mortality in a nationwide cohort of childhood-onset type 1 diabetic patients in Norway. Diabetologia 2006; 49(2): 298–305.
11. Feltbower RG, Bodansky HJ, Patterson CC et al. Acute complications and drug misuse are important causes of death for children and young adults with type 1 diabetes: results from the Yorkshire Register of diabetes in children and young adults. Diabetes Care 2008; 31(5): 922–926.
12. Sherr J, Tamborlane WV, Xing D et al. Achievement of target A1C levels with negligible hypoglycemia and low glucose variability in youth with short-term type 1 diabetes and residual beta-cell function. Diabetes Care 2012; 35(4): 817–820.
13. Rickels MR, Fuller C, Dalton-Bakes C et al. Restoration of Glucose Counterregulation by Islet Transplantation in Long-Standing Type 1 Diabetes. Diabetes 2015; 64(5): 1713–1718. Dostupné z DOI: <http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/db14–1620>.
14. Lipar K, Adamec M. Development of pancreas transplantation surgical techniques in IKEM. Rozhl Chir 2011; 90(2): 127–129.
15. Saudek F. Transplantation in the treatment of diabetes. Vnitř Lék 2007; 53(7–8): 859–864.
16. Kandaswamy R, Skeans MA, Gustafson SK et al. OPTN/SRTR 2013 Annual Data Report: Pancreas. Am J Transplant 2015; 15(Suppl 2): 1–20.
17. Girman P, Lipar K, Koznarova R et al. Similar early complication rate in simultaneous pancreas and kidney recipients on tacrolimus/mycophenolate mofetil versus tacrolimus/sirolimus immunosuppressive regimens. Transplant Proc 2010; 42(6): 1999–2002.
18. Reutens AT. Epidemiology of diabetic kidney disease. Med Clin North Am 2013; 97(1): 1–18.
19. Russell SJ, El-Khatib FH, Sinha M et al. Outpatient glycemic control with a bionic pancreas in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med 2014; 371(4): 313–325.
20. Light JA, Barhyte DY. Simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplants in type I and type II diabetic patients with end-stage renal disease: similar 10-year outcomes. Transplant Proc 2005; 37(2): 1283–1284.
21. Saudek F, Průhová S, Boucek P et al. Maturity-onset diabetes of the young with end-stage nephropathy: a new indication for simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation? Transplantation 2004; 77(8): 1298–12301.
22. Ciancio G, Burke GW. Type 2 diabetes: is pancreas transplantation an option? Curr Diab Rep 2014; 14(11): 542.
23. Burrows NR, Li Y, Geiss LS. Incidence of treatment for end-stage renal disease among individuals with diabetes in the U.S. continues to decline. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(1): 73–77.
24. Siskind E, Maloney C, Akerman M et al. An analysis of pancreas transplantation outcomes based on age groupings – an update of the UNOS database. Clin Transplant 2014; 28(9): 990–994.
25. Fridell JA, Mangus RS, Hollinger EF et al. The case for pancreas after kidney transplantation. Clin Transplant 2009; 23(4): 447–453.
26. Philosophe B, Farney AC, Schweitzer EJ et al. Simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) and pancreas living-donor kidney (SPLK) transplantation at the University of Maryland. Clin Transpl 2000: 211–216.
27. Farney AC, Cho E, Schweitzer EJ et al. Simultaneous cadaver pancreas living-donor kidney transplantation: a new approach for the type 1 diabetic uremic patient. Ann Surg 2000; 232(5): 696–703.
28. Nathan DM, Bayless M, Cleary P et al. Diabetes control and complications trial/epidemiology of diabetes interventions and complications study at 30 years: advances and contributions. Diabetes 2013; 62(12): 3976–3986.
29. Gruessner RW, Gruessner AC. Pancreas transplant alone: a procedure coming of age. Diabetes Care 2013; 36(8): 2440–2447.
30. Byrne ML, Hopkins D, Littlejohn W et al. Outcomes for adults with type 1 diabetes referred with severe hypoglycaemia and/or referred for islet transplantation to a specialist hypoglycaemia service. Horm Metab Res 2015; 47(1): 9–15.
31. Kim SJ, Smail N, Paraskevas S et al. Kidney function before pancreas transplant alone predicts subsequent risk of end-stage renal disease. Transplantation 2014; 97(6): 675–680.
32. Fioretto P, Mauer M. Effects of pancreas transplantation on the prevention and reversal of diabetic nephropathy. Contrib Nephrol 2011; 170: 237–246. Dostupné z DOI: <http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000325747>.
33. Boggi U, Vistoli F, Signori S et al. A technique for retroperitoneal pancreas transplantation with portal-enteric drainage. Transplantation 2005; 79(9): 1137–1142.
34. Niederhaus SV, Leverson GE, Lorentzen DF et al. Acute cellular and antibody-mediated rejection of the pancreas allograft: incidence, risk factors and outcomes. Am J Transplant 2013; 13(11): 2945–2955.
35. Dong M, Parsaik AK, Kremers W et al. Acute pancreas allograft rejection is associated with increased risk of graft failure in pancreas transplantation. Am J Transplant 2013; 13(4): 1019–1025.
36. Mittal S, Page SL, Friend PJ et al. De novo donor-specific HLA antibodies: biomarkers of pancreas transplant failure. Am J Transplant 2014; 14(7): 1664–1671.
37. de Kort H, Roufosse C, Bajema IM et al. Pancreas transplantation, antibodies and rejection: where do we stand? Curr Opin Organ Transplant 2013; 18(3): 337–344.