1. Goodney PP, Beck AW, Nagle J et al. National trends in lower extremity bypass surgery, endovascular interventions, and major amputations. J Vasc Surg 2009; 50: 54–60.
2. Norgren L, Hiatt WR, Dormandy JA et al. Inter-Society Consensus for the Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease (TASC II). Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2007; 33 (Suppl 1): S1–S75.
3. Sobel M, Verhaeghe R. Antithrombotic therapy for peripheral artery occlusive disease. American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition). Chest 2008; 133 (Suppl 6): 815S–843S.
4. Consensus of Central European Vascular Forum on Intermittent Claudication. Milano: Adis International 2005: 1–27.
5. Gardner AW, Montgomery PS, Parker DE. Physical activity is a predictor of all‑cause mortality in patients with intermittent claudication. J Vasc Surg 2008; 47: 117–122.
6. Katzmarzyk PT, Church TS, Craig CL et al. Sitting time and mortality from all causes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2009; 41: 998–1005.
7. Diehm C, Darius H. Atherothrombose – Risikopradiktion und stratifizierung, Biomarker, nichtinvasive Diagnostik, multiple Eriegnisse und Therapie. Gefaessmedizin 2007; 3: 4–28.
8. McDermott MM, Mehta S, Ahn H et al. Atherosclerotic risk factors are less intensively treated in patients with peripheral arterial disease than in patients with coronary artery disease. J Gen Intern Med 1997; 12: 209–215.
9. D’Souza J, Patel NN, Rocker M et al. Management of cardiovascular risk factors by primary care physicians in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Surgeon 2008; 6: 144–147.
10. Selvin E, Hirsch AT. Contemporary risk factor control and walking dysfunction in individuals with peripheral arterial disease: NHANES 199–2004. Atherosclerosis 2008; 201: 425–433.
11. Welten GM, Schouten O, Hoeks SE et al. Long‑term prognosis of patients with peripheral arterial disease: a comparison in patients with coronary artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 51: 1588–1596.