1. Avenell A, Brown TJ, McGee MA et al. What interventions should we add to weight reducing diets in adults with obesity? A systematic reviw of randomized controlled trials of adding drug therapy, exercise, behaviour therapy or combinations of these interventions. J Hum Nutr Diet 2004; 17: 293–316.
2. Svačina Š, Owen K. Obezita, diabetes 2. typu a jejich kvantitativní vztahy. Vnitř Lék 2002; 48: 500–506.
3. Atkinson RL. Clinical guidelines on the indentification, evaluation, and pharmacologic treatment of obesity in adults. Endotext Com 2003; 25: Ch 15b.
4. Fujioka K, Seaton TB, Rowe E et al. Weight loss with sibutramine improves glycemic control and other metabolic parameters in obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Obes Metab 2000; 2: 175–187.
5. Gokcel A, Karakose H, Ertorer EM et al. Effects of sibutramine in obese female subjects with type 2 diabetes and poor blood glucose control. Diabetes Care 2001; 24: 1957–1960.
6. Derosa G, Cicero AF G et al. Efficacy and safety comparative evaluation of orlistat and sibutramine treatment in hypertensive obese patients. Diabetes Nutr Metab 2004; 17: 222–229.
7. Goldstein BJ, Muller–Wieland D. Textbook of Type 2 Diabetes. London: Martin Dunitz 2003.
8. Hauner H, Meier M, Wendland G et al. SAT Study. Weight reduction by sibutramine in obese subjects in primary care medicine: the SAT study. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 2004; 112: 201–207.
9. UKPDS Group. Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complications in type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 38). Brit Med J 1998; 317: 703–713.
10. Van Gaal LF, Wauters MA, Peiffer FW et al. Sibutramine and fat distribution: is there a role for pharmacotherapy in abdominal/visceral fat reduction? Int J Obesity 1998; 22(Suppl 1): S38–S40; discussion S41–S42.
11. McNulty SJ, Williams GA. Randomized trial of sibutramine in the management of obese type 2 diabetic patients treated with metformin. Diabetes Care 2003; 26: 125–131.
12. Serrano-Rios M, Melchionda N, Moreno-Carretero E. Role of sibutramine in the treatment of obese type 2 diabetic patients receiving sulphonylurea therapy. Diabet Med 2002; 19: 119–124.