1. Andrieux J, Demory JL, Dupriez B et al. Dysregulation and overexpression of HMGA2 in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. Genes Chormosomes Cancer 2004; 39: 82–87.
2. Barbui T, Barosi G, Brossi A et al. Practice guidelines for the therapy of essential thrombocythemia. A statement from the Italian Society of Hematology, the Italian Society of Experimental Hematology and Italian Group for Bone Marrow Transplantation. Haematologica 2004; 89: 215–232.
3. Castro-Malaspina H, Gay RE, Jhanwar SC et al. Characteristics of bonemarrow fibroblast colony-forming cells (CFU-F) and their progeny in patients with myeloproliferative disorders. Blood 1982; 59: 1046–1054.
4. Cortelazzo S, Finazzi G, Ruggeri M et al. Hydoxyurea for patients with essential thrombocythemia and a high risk of thrombosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332: 113.
5. Doubek M, Brychtová Y, Doubek R et al. Anagrelide in pregnancy: report of a case of essential thrombocythaemia. Ann Hematol 2004; 83: 726–727.
6. Elliott MA, Tefferi A Interferon-α therapy in polycythemia pera and essential phrombocythemia. Semin Thromb Hemost 1997; 23: 463.
7. Folman CC, Ooms M, Kuenen B et al. The role of thrombopoetin in post–operative thrombocytosis. Br J Haematol 2001; 114: 126–133.
8. Fruchtmann SM Treatment paradigms in the management of myeloproliferative disorders. Semin Hematol 2004; suppl. 3: 18–42.
9. Georgii A, Buhr T, Buesche G et al. Classification and staging of Ph–negative myeloproliferative disorders by histopathology from bone marrow biopsies. Leukemia Lymphoma 1996; 22( supl 1): 15–29.
10. Green A, Campbell P, Buck G et al. The Medical Research Council PT1 trial in essentials thrombocythemia. Blood 2004; 104: 5a–6a.
11. Harrison CN, Gale RE, Machin SK et al. A large proportion of patients with a diagnosis of Essential Thrombocythemia do not have a clonal disorder and may be at lower risk of thombotic complications. Blood 1999; 93: 417–424.
12. Horikawa Y, Matsumura I, Hashimoto K et al. Markedly reduced expression of platelet c-mpl receptor in essential thrombocythemia. Blood 1997; 90: 4031–4038.
13. Jaffe ES, Harris NL, Stein H et al. (Eds.): World health organization classification of tumours. Pathology and genetics of tumours of haematopoietic and lymphoid tissues. Lyon: IARC Press 2001.
14. Kralovics R, Buser AS, Teo SS et al. Comparison of molecular markers in a cohort of patients with chronic myeloproliferative disorders. Blood 2003; 102: 1869–1871.
15. Lengfelder E, Hochhaus A, Kronawitter U et al. Should a platelet limit of 600 x 109/l be used as a diagnostic criterion in essential thrombocythaemia? An analysis of the natural course including early stages. Br J Haematol 1998; 100: 15–23.
16. Lofvenberg E, Wahlin A Management of Polycythemia vera, Essential Thrombocythemia an myelofibrosis with hydroxyurea. Eur J Haematol 1998; 41: 375.
17. Liu E, Jelinek J, Pastore YD et al. Discrimation of polycythemias and thrombocytoses by novel, simple, accurate clonality assays and comparison with PRV-1 expresion and BFU-E response to erythrocytosis. Blood 2003; 101: 3294–3301.
18. Martyre MC, Le Bousse–Kerdiles MC, Romquin N et al. Elevated levels of basic fibroblast growth factor in megakaryocytes and platelets from patients with idiopathic myelofibrosis. Br J Haematol 1997; 1997: 441–448.
19. Mazur EM, Rosmarin AG, Sohl PA et al. Analysis of the mechanism of anagrelid-induced thrombocytopenia in humans. Blood 1992; 79: 1931.
20. Messa RA, Tefferi A, Jacobsen SJ et al. Population-based incidence and survival figures in Essential Thrombocythemia and agnogenicmyeloid meta-plasia: an Olmsted County study. Am J Hematol 1999; 61: 10–15.
21. Michiels JJ Diagnostic criteria of the myeloproliferative disorders (MPD): essential thrombocythaemia, polycythaemia vera and chronic megakaryocytic granulocytic metaplasia. Netherlands J Med 1997; 51: 57–64.
22. Michiels JJ, Juvonen E Proposal for revised diagnostic criteria of essential thrombocythemia and polycythemia vera by the Thrombocythemia Vera Study Group. Semin Thromb Hemost 1997; 23: 339–347.
23. Michiels JJ, Kutti J, Stark P et al. Diagnosis, pathogenesis and treatment of the myeloproliferative disorders essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera and essential megakaryocytic granulocytic
metaplasia and myelofibrosis. Neth J Med 1999; 54: 46–62.
24. Michiels JJ, Barbui T, Finazzi G et al. Diagnosis and treatment of Polycythemia Verand possible future study designsof the PVSG. Leuk Lymphoma 2000, 36: 239–253.
25. Michiels JJ, Thiele J Clinical and pathological criteria for thed diagnosis of essential thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera and idiopathic myelofibrosis (agnogenic myeloid metaplasia). Int J Hematol 2002; 76: 133–145.
26. Murphy S, Peterson P, Iland H et al. Experience of the Polycythemia Vera Study Group with essential thrombocythemia: a final report on diagnostic criteria, survival, and leukemic transition by treatment. Semin Hematol 1997; 34: 29–39.
27. Oehler L, Jaeger E, Eser A et al. Imatinib mesylate inhibits autonomous erythropoesis in patients with polycythemia vera in vitro. Blood 2003; 102: 2240–2242.
28. Penka M, Buliková A, Matýšková M et al. Hematologie I. Neonkologická hematologie. Praha: Grada 2001.
29. Petrides PE Anagrelide: decade of clinical experinces with its use for the treatment of primary thrombocythemia. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2004; 5: 1781–1798.
30. Petitt RM, Silverstein MN, Petrone ME Anagrelide for controle of thrombocythemia in polycythemia and other myeloproliferative disorders. Semin Hematol 1997; 34: 51.
31. Prchal JF, Axelrad AA Letter: bone marrow responses in polycythemia vera. N Engl J Med 1974; 290: 1382.
32. Pytlík R, Cmunt E, Kleibl Z et al. Úloha anagrelidu v léčbě esenciální trombocytémie. Trans Hematol dnes 2004; 10: 154–160.
33. Rameshwar P, Denny TN, Stein D et al. Monocytes adhesion in patients with bone marrow fibrosis is required for the production of fibrogenic cytokines. Potential role for interleukin-1 and TGF-β. J Immunol 1994; 153: 2819–2830.
34. Reeder TL, Bailey RJ, Dewald GW et al. Both B and T lymphocytes may be clonally involved in myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. Blood 2003; 101: 1981–1983.
35. Roder S, Steimle C, Meinhardt G et al. STAT3 is constitutively active in some patients with polycythemia rubra vera. Exp Hematol 2001; 29: 694–702.
36. Sacchi S, Vinci G, Gugliotta L et al. Diagnosis of essential thrombocythemia at platelet counts between 400 and 600 × 109/l. Haematologica 2000; 85: 492–495.
37. Schafer AI Thrombocytosis. N Engl J Med 2004; 350: 1211–1219.
38. Schwarz J, Penka M Trombocytózy a trombocytemie. Vnitř Lék 2005; 51: v tisku.
39. Skoda RC. Chronic myeloproliferative disorders: molecular markers and pathogenesis. Hematol J 2004; 5: S122–S125.
40. Spinelli O, Rota B, Finazzi G et al. Quantitative analysis of PRV-l gene expression in chronic myeloproliferative disorders: positive correlation with polycytemia vera diagnosis and leukocyte
alkaline phospahtase expression. Blood 2002; 100: 3145a.
41. Spivak JL Diagnosis of the myeloproliferative disorders: resolving phenotypic mimicry. Semin Hematol 2003; 40: 1–5.
42. Thiele J, Kvasnicka HM, Diehl V et al. Clinickopathological diagnosis and differential criteria of thrombocythemias in various myeloproliferative disorders by histopathology, histochemistry and immunostaining from bone marrow biopsies. Leukemia Lymphoma 1999; 33: 207–218.
43. Thiele J, Kvasnicka HM, Graeff AS et al. Follow-up examinations including sequential bone marrow biopsies in essential thrombocythemia (ET): A retrospective clinicopathological study of 120 patients. Am J Hematol 2002; 70: 283–291.
44. Thiele J, Kvasnicka HM, Werden C et al. Idiopathic primary osteo-myelofibrosis: a clinico-pathological study on 208 patients with special emphasis on evolution of disease features, differentiation from essential thrombocythemia and variables of prognostic impact. Leukemia Lymphoma 1996; 22: 303–317.
45. Thiele J, Kvasnicka HM, Zankovich R et al. Clinical and morphological criteria for the diagnosis of prefibrotic idiopathic (primary) myelofibrosis. Ann Hematol 2001; 80: 160–165.
46. Tefferi A, Solberg LA, Silverstein MN A clinical update on Polycythemia Vera and Essential Thrombocythemia. Am J Med 2000; 109: 141–149.
47. Weinfeld A, Swolin B, Westin J Acute leukaemia after hydroxyurea therapy in Polycythaemia Vera and allied disorders: prospective study of efficacy and leukemogenicity with therapeutic implications. Eur J Haematol 1994; 52: 134–139.
48. Wright CA, Tefferi A A single institutional experience with 43 pregnancies in Essential Thrombocythemia. Eur J Haematol 2001; 66: 152.