1. Groth T, Altankov G. Cell-surface interactions and the tissue compatibility of biomaterials. New Biomedical Materials, Haris P.I. and Chapman D. (Eds.) IOS Press, 199; 12–23.
2. Puleo DA, Nanci A. Understanding and controlling the bone-implant interface. Biomaterials 1999; 20: 2311–21.
3. ISO 10993–5: Biological evaluation of medical device.
4. Park JY, Gemmell CH, Davies JE. Platelet interactions with titanium: modulation of platelet activity by surface topography. Biomaterials 2001; 22: 2671–77.
5. Jones MI, McColl JR, Grant DM, Parker KG, Parker TL. Protein adsorption and platelet attachment and activation, on TiN, TiC; 52: 413–21.
6. Pešáková V, Smetana K Jr, Balík K, Hruška J, Petrtýl M, Hulejová H, Adam M. Biological and biochemical properties of the carbon composite and polyethylene implant materials. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 2003; 14: 531–37.
7. Laughton C. Quantification of attached cells in microtiter plates based on Coomassie Brilliant blue G-250. Staining of total cellular protein. Anal Biochemistry 1984; 140: 417–23.
8. Mosmann T. Rapid colorimetric assay for cell proliferation and survival application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays. J Immun Methods 1983; 65: 55–61.
9. Quirynen M, Bollen C.M.L. The influence of surface roughness and surface free energy on supra- and subgingival plaque formation in man. A review of the literature. J Clin Periodontol 1995; 22: 1–20.
10. Milleding P, Gerdes S, Holmberg K, Karlsson S. Surface energy of noncorroded and corroded dental ceramic materials before and after contact with salivary proteins. Eur J Oral Sci 1999; 107: 384–392.
11. Groth T, Altankov G, Klosz K. Adhesion of human peripheral blood lymphocytes is dependent on surface wettability and protein preadsorption. Biomaterials 1994; 15: 423–28
12. Pesakova V, Kubies D, Hulejova H, Himmlova L. The influence of implant surface properties on cell adhesion and proliferation. J Mater Sci: Mater Med 2007; 18: 465–73.
13. Price C.P. Multiple forms of human serum alkaline phosphatase: Detection and quantitation. Ann Clin Biochem 1993; 30: 355–72.
14. Nanes M.S. Tumor necrosis factor : molecular and cellular mechanisms in skeletal pathology. Gene 2003; 321: 1–15.
15. Fritz EA, Glant TT, Vermes C, Jacobs JJ, Roebuck KA. Titanium particles induce the immediate early stress responsive chemokines IL-8 and MCP-1 in osteoblasts. J Orthop Res 2002; 20: 490–98.