1. Gratwohl A, Baldomero H, Fraunedorfer K, Urbano-Ispizua A and Niederwieser D, for the Joint Accrediation Committee of the ISCT and EBMT. Results of the EBMT activity survey 2005 on haematopoietic stemcell transplantation: focus on increasing use of unrelated donors. Bone Marrow Transplant 2007; 39: 71–87.
2. Oudshoorn M, Cornelissen JJ, Fibbe WE, de Gareff-Meeder ER, Lie JL Schreuder GM, et al. Problems and possible solutions in findings an unrelated bone marrow donor. Results of consecutive searches for 240 Dutch patients. Bone Marrow Transplant 1997; 20: 1011–1117.
3. Tiercy JM, Bujan-Lose M, Chapuis B, Gratwohl A, Gmur J, Seger RA, et al. Bone marrow transplantation with unrelated donors: what is the probability of identifying an HLA-A,/B/Cw/DRB1/B3/B5/DQB1-matched donor? Bone Marrow Transplant 2000; 26: 437–441.
4. Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide. Available at URL: http://www.bmdw.org.
5. Schaffer M, Ollerup O. HLA-AB typing by polymerase-chain reaction with sequnce-specific primers: more accurate, less errors, and increased resolution compared to serological typing. Tissue Antigens 2001; 58: 299–307.
6. Lorentzen DF, Iwanaga KK, Meuer KJ, Moritz TL, Watkins DI. A 25% error rate in serologic typing of HLA-B homozygotes. Tissue Antigens 1997; 50: 359–365.
7. Yu N, Ohashi M, Alosco S, Granja C, Salazar M, Hegland J, et al. Accurate typing of HLA-A antigens and analysis of serologic deficiencies. Tissue Antigens 1997; 50: 380–386.
8. Tiercy JM, Bujan-Lose M, Chapuis B, Gratwohl A, Schanz U, Seger RA, et al. Quality control of a national marrow donor registry: results of a pilot study and proposal for standardized approach. Bone Marrow Transplant 2003; 32: 623–637.
9. Noreen HJ, You N, Setterholm M, Ohashi M, Baisch J, Endres R, et al. Validation of DNA-based HLA-A and HLA-B testing of volunteers for a bone marrow registry through parallel testing with serology. Tissue Antigens 2001; 57: 221–229.
10. Mytilineos J, Lempert M, Middleton D, Wiliams F, Cullen C, Scherer S, et al. HLA class I DNA typing of 215 ‘HLA-A-B-DR zero mismatched’ kidney transplants. Tissue Antigens 1997; 50: 355–8.
11. Gourley, IS, Kearns J, McKeen M, Birkos S, Brown M, Kamoun M. HLA Class I typing of volunteers for a bone marrow registry: QC analysis by DNA-based methodology identifies serological typing discrepancies in the assignment of HLA-A and B antigens. Tissue Antigens 2001; 59: 211–215.
12. Hurley CK, Wade JA, Oudshoorn M. on behalf of QA and DRWG of the WMDA. A Special Report: Histocompatibility Testing Guidelines for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Using Volunteer Donors. Human Immunology 1999; 60: 347–360.
13. World Marrow Donor Associations. Available at URL: http://www.worldmarrow.org/fileadmin/workinggroups_Subcommittees/QAWG/HLA_discrepant/Discrepant_Typing_2004__Minneapolis.pdf
14. Hurley CK, Raffoux C. World Marrow Donor Association. Special Report: World Marrow Donor Association: International Staadards for unrelated hematopoietic stem cell registries. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2004; 34:103–110.