1. Dusek L, Muzik J, Maluskova D, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality in the Czech Republic. Klin Onkol 2014;27:406−23.
2. Nedrebø BS, Søreide K, Eriksen MT, et al. Excess mortality after curative surgery for colorectal cancer changes over time and differs for patients with colon versus rectal cancer. Acta Oncol 2013;52:933−40.
3. Gatta G, Faivre J, Capocaccia R, et al. Survival of colorectal cancer patients in Europe during the period 1978–1989. Eur J Cancer 1998;34:2176−83.
4. Rutter CM, Johnson EA, Feuer EJ, et al. Secular trends in colon and rectal cancer relative survival. J Natl Cancer Inst 2013;105:1806−13.
5. Xu FY, Zhai MJ, Dong JK, et al. Clinical pathological factors function differently in colonic and rectal cancer prognosis. Journal of Zhejiang University 2006;3:303–10.
6. Li M, Li JY, Zhao AL, et al. Colorectal cancer or colon and rectal cancer? Clinicopathological comparison between colonic and rectal carcinomas. Oncology 2007;73:52−7.
7. Kleespies A, Füessl KE, Seeliger H, et al. Determinants of morbidity and survival after elective non-curative resection of stage IV colon and rectal cancer. Int J Colorectal Dis 2009;24:1097−109.
8. Saha S, Monson KM, Bilchik A, et al. Comparative analysis of nodal upstaging between colon and rectal cancers by sentinel lymph node mapping: a prospective trial. Dis Colon Rectum 2004;47:1767−72.
9. Meimarakis G, Spelsberg F, Angele M, et al. Resection of pulmonary metastases from colon and rectal cancer: factors to predict survival differ regarding to the origin of the primary tumor. Ann Surg Oncol 2014;21:2563−72.
10. Lee H, Choi DW, Cho YB, et al. Recurrence pattern depends on the location of colon cancer in the patients with synchronous colorectal liver metastasis. Ann Surg Oncol 2014;21:1641−6.
11. Verhoef C, van der Pool AE, Nuyttens JJ, et al. The “liver-first approach” for patients with locally advanced rectal cancer and synchronous liver metastases. Dis Colon Rectum 2009;52:23−30.
12. Masoomi H, Kang CY, Chen A, et al. Predictive factors of in-hospital mortality in colon and rectal surgery. J Am Coll Surg 2012;215:255−61.
13. Kapiteijn E, Liefers GJ, Los LC, et al. Mechanisms of oncogenesis in colon versus rectal cancer. J Pathol 2001;195:171−8.
14. Frattini M, Balestra D, Suardi S, et al. Different genetic features associated with colon and rectal carcinogenesis. Clin Cancer Res 2004;10:4015–21.
15. Papadopoulos VN, Michalopoulos A, Netta S, et al. Prognostic significance of mucinous component in colorectal carcinoma. Tech Coloproctol 2004;8:123–5.
16. Roncucci L, Fante R, Losi L, et al. Survival for colon and rectal cancer in a population-based cancer registry. Eur J Cancer 1996;32A:295–302.
17. Wei EK, Giovannucci E, Wu K, et al. Comparison of risk factors for colon and rectal cancer. Int J Cancer 2004;108:433–42.