1. Kehlet H. Organizing postoperative accelerated recovery programs. Reg Anesth 1996;21(6 Suppl):149–151.
2. Weimann A, Braga M, Harsanyi L, et al. ESPEN Guidelines on Enteral Nutrition: Surgery including organ transplantation. Clin Nutr 2006;25:224–44.
3. Gustafsson UO, Scott MJ, Schwenk W, et al. Guidelines for perioperative care in elective colonic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Society recommendations. Clin Nutr 2012;31:783–800.
4. Fearon KC, Ljungqvist O, von Meyenfeldt M, et al. Enhanced recovery after surgery: a consensus review of clinical care for patients undergoing colonic resection. Clin Nutr 2005;24: 466–477.
5. Varadhan KK, Neal KR, Dejong CH, et al. The enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) pathway for patients undergoing major elective open colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Clin Nutr 2010;29:434–40.
6. Wind J, Polle SW, Fung Kon Jin PH, et al.Systematic review of enhanced recovery programmes in colonic surgery. Br J Surg 2006;93:800–9.
7. Lassen K, Soop M, Nygren J, et al. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Group. Consensus review of optimal perioperative care in colorectal surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Group recommendations. Arch Surg 2009;144:961–9.
8. Walter CJ, Collin J, Dumville JC, et al. Enhanced recovery in colorectal resections:a systematic review and meta-analysis. Colorectal Dis 2009;11:344–53.
9. Khan S, Wilson T, Ahmed J, et al. Quality of life and patient satisfaction with enhanced recovery protocols. Colorectal Dis 2010;12:1175–82.
10. Kehlet H, Buchler MW, Beart Jr RW, et al. Care after colonic operatione is it evidence-based? Results froma multinational survey in Europe and the United States. J Am Coll Surg 2006;202:45–54.
11. Lassen K, Hannemann P, Ljungqvist O, et al. Patterns in current perioperative practice: survey of colorectal surgeons in five northern European countries. BMJ 2005;330:1420–1.
12. Nygren J, Soop M, Thorell A, et al. Preoperative oral carbohydrate administration reduces postoperative insulin resistance. Clin Nutr 1998;17:65–71.
13. Brady M, Kinn S, Stuart P, et al. Preoperative fasting for adults to prevent perioperative complications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003:CD004423.
14. Holte K, Nielsen KG, Madsen JL, et al. Physiologic effects of bowel preparation. Dis Colon Rectum 2004;47:1397–402.
15. Guenaga KF, Matos D, Castro AA, et al. Mechanical bowel preparation for elective colorectal surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;CD001544.
16. Kheterpal S, Tremper KK, Englesbe MJ, et al. Predictors of postoperative acute renal failure after noncardiac surgery in patients with previously normal renal function. Anesthesiology 2007;107:892–902.
17. Zaouter C, Kaneva P, Carli F. Less urinary tract infection by earlier removal of bladder catheter in surgical patients receiving thoracic epidural analgesia. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2009;34:542–8.
18. Nygren J, Thacker J, Carli F, et al. Guidelines for perioperative care in elective rectal/pelvic surgery: Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERASŽ) Society recommendations. Clin Nutr 2012;31:801–16.
19. Urbach DR, Kennedy ED, Cohen MM. Colon and rectal anastomoses do not require routine drainage: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Surg 1999;229:174–80.
20. Nelson R, Edwards S, Tse B. Prophylactic nasogastric decompression after abdominal surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007:CD004929.
21. Zingg U, Miskovic D, Hamel CT, et al. Influence of thoracic epidural analgesia on postoperative pain relief and ileus after laparoscopic colorectal resection: Benefit with epidural analgesia. Surg Endosc 2009;23:276–82.
22. JŅrgensen H, Wetterslev J, MŅiniche S, et al. Epidural local anaesthetics versus opioid-based analgesic regimens on postoperative gastrointestinal paralysis, PONV and pain after abdominal surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2000:CD001893.
23. Ng WQ, Neill J. Evidence for early oral feeding of patients after elective open colorectal surgery: a literature review. J Clin Nurs 2006;15:696–709.
24. Andersen HK, Lewis SJ, Thomas S. Early enteral nutrition within 24h of colorectal surgery versus later commencement of feeding for postoperative complications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006:CD004080.
25. Hasenberg T, Keese M, Längle F, et al. Fast-track colonic surgery in Austria and Germany—results from the survey on patterns in current perioperative practice. Colorectal Dis 2009;11:162–7.
26. Roig JV, García-Fadrique A, Redondo C, et al. Perioperative care in colorectal surgery: current practice patterns and opinions. Colorectal Dis 2009;11:976–83.
27. Kahokehr A, Robertson P, Sammour T, et al. Perioperative care: a survey of New Zealand and Australian colorectal surgeons. Colorectal Dis 2011;13:1308–13.
28. Arsalani-Zadeh R, Ullah S, Khan S, et al. Current pattern of perioperative practice in elective colorectal surgery; a questionnaire survey of ACPGBI members. Int J Surg. 2010;8:294–8.
29. Kahokehr A, Sammour T, Zargar-Shoshtari K, et al. Implementation of ERAS and how to overcome the barriers. Int JSurg 2009;7:16–9.
30. Plodr M, Ferko A. Fast track in surgery. Rozhl Chir 2005;84: 557–60.
31. Serclová Z. Fast track in intestinal surgery; current review. Rozhl Chir 2009;88:527–35.
32. Kuthan D, Ludvik P, Podebradsky J, et al. Our initial experience with the fast-track method in the colorectal carcinoma management. Rozhl Chir 2008;87:125–7.
33. Holak J. Fast track concept in colorectal surgery in a regional hospital setting. Rozhl Chir 2009;88:524–6.
34. Kaska M, Grosmanová T, Havel E, et al. Preparation of patients for operation with per-oral intake on the day of the planned surgery. Rozhl Chir 2006;85:554–9.
35. Serclova Z, Dytrych P, Marvan J, et al. Tolerance of accelerated postoperative rehabilitation following intestinal resections. Rozhl Chir 2009;88:178–84.
36. Serclova Z, Dytrych P, Marvan J, et al. Fast-track in open intestinal surgery: prospective randomized study (Clinical Trials Gov Identifier no. NCT00123456). Clin Nutr 2009;28:618–24.
37. Kaska M, Grosmanova T, Havel E, et al. The impact and safety of preoperative oral or intravenous carbohydrate administration versus fasting in colorectal surgery - a randomized controlled trial. Wien Klin Wochenschr 2010;122:23–30.