1. Viscoli C, EORTC International Antimicrobial Theray Group. Management of infection in cancer patients. Studies of the EORTC International Antimicrobial Therapy Group (IATG). Eur J Cancer 2002; 38 (Suppl 4): S82– S87.
2. Homsi J, Walsh D, Panta R et al. Infectious complications of advanced cancer. Support Care Cancer 2000; 8(6): 487– 492.
3. Vitetta L, Kenner D, Sali A. Bacterial infections in terminally ill hospice patients. J Pain Symptom Manage 2000; 20(5): 326– 334.
4. Asai N, Aoshima M, Ohkuni Y et al. Should blood cultures be performed in terminally ill cancer patients? Indian J Palliat Care 2012; 18(1): 40– 44.
5. Johnson G, Abraham C. The WHO objectives for palliative care: to what extent are we achieving them? Palliative Med 1995; 9(2): 123– 137.
6. Nagy‑ Agren S, Haley H. Management of infections in palliative care patients with advanced cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage 2002; 24(1): 64– 70.
7. White PH, Kuhlenschmidt HL, Vancura BG et al. Antimicrobial use in patients with advanced cancer receiving hospice care. J Pain Symptom Manage 2003; 25(5): 438– 443.
8. Reinbolt RE, Shenk AM, White PH et al. Symptomatic treatment of infections in patients with advanced cancer receiving hospice care. J Pain Symptom Manage 2005; 30(2): 175– 182.
9. Pereira J, Watanabe S, Wolch G. A retrospective review of the frequency of infections and patterns of antibiotic utilization on a palliative care unit. J Pain Symptom Manage 1998; 16(6): 374– 381.
10. Oh DY, Kim JH, Kim DW et al. Antibiotic use during the last days of life in cancer patients. Eur J Cancer Care 2006; 15(1): 74– 79.
11. Abduh Al‑ Shaqi M, Alami AH, Zahrani AS et al. The pattern of antimicrobial use for palliative care in‑patients during the last week of life. Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2012; 29(1): 60– 63.
12. Stiel S, Krumm N, Pestinger M et al. Antibiotics in palliative medicine – results from a prospective epidemiological investigation from the HOPE survey. Support Care Cancer 2012; 20(2): 325– 333.
13. Clayton J, Fardell B, Hutton‑ Potts J et al. Parenteral antibiotics in a palliative care unit-prospective analysis of current practice. Palliat Med 2003; 17(1): 44– 48.
14. Mirhosseini M, Oneschuk D, Hunter B et al. The role of antibiotics in the management of infection‑related symptoms in advanced cancer patients. J Palliat Care 2006; 22(2): 69– 74.
15. Nakagawa S, Toya Y, Okamoto Y et al. Can anti‑infective drugs improve the infection‑related symptoms of patients with cancer during the terminal stages of their lives? J Palliat Med 2010; 13(5): 535– 540.
16. Chen LK, Chou YC, Hsu PS et al. Antibiotic prescription for fever episodes in hospice patients. Support Care Cancer 2002; 10(7): 538– 541.
17. Girmenia C, Moleti ML, Cartoni C et al. Management of infective complications in patients with advanced haematological malignancies in home care. Leukemia 1997; 11(11): 1807– 1812.
18. Hallenbeck J (ed.). Palliative care perspective. New York: Oxford University Press 2003.
19. Ford PJ, Fraser TG, Davis MP et al. Anti‑infective therapy at end of life: ethical decision‑ making in hospice eligible patients. Bioethics 2005; 19(4): 379– 392.
20. Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs, American Medical Association. Decision near the end of life. JAMA 1992; 267(16): 2229– 2233.
21. Radbruch L, Nauck F, Fuchs M et al. Whar is palliative care in Germany? Results from a representative survey. J Pain Symptom Manage 2002; 23(6): 471– 483.
22. Marin PP, Bayer AJ, Tomlinson A et al. Attitudes of hospital doctors in Wales to use of intravenous fluids and antibiotics in terminally ill. Postgrad Med J 1989; 65(767): 650– 652.
23. Oh DY, Kim JE, Lee CH et al. Discrepancies among patients, family members, and physicians in Korea in terms of value regarding the withholding of treatment from patients with terminal malignancies. Cancer 2004; 100(9): 1961– 1966.
24. Lam PT, Chan KS, Tse CY et al. Retrospective analysis of antibiotic use and survival in advanced cancer patients with infections. J Pain Symptom Manage 2005; 30(6): 175– 182.
25. Oneschuk D, Fainsinger R, Demoissac D et al. Antibiotic use in the last week of life in three different palliative care settings. J Palliat Care 2002; 18(1): 25– 28.
26. Green K, Webster H, Watanabe S et al. Management of nosocomial respiratory tract infections in terminally ill cancer patients. J Palliat Care 1994; 10(4): 31– 34.
27. Chun ED, Rodgers PE, Vitale CA et al. Antimicrobial use among patients receiving palliative care consultation. Am J Hosp Palliat Med 2010; 27(4): 261– 265.
28. Campbell SG, Marrie TJ, Anstey R et al. The contribution of blood cultures in clinical management of adult patients admitted to the hospital with community‑ acquired pneumonia: A prospective observational study. Chest 2003; 123(4): 1142– 1150.
29. Penel N, Fournier C, Clisant S et al. Causes of fever and value of C‑ reactive protein and procalcitonin in differentiating infections from paraneoplastic fever. Support Care Cancer 2004; 12(8): 593– 598.
30. Hickman S, Nelson CA, Moss AH et al. Use of the physician orders for life sustaining treatment (POLST) paradigm program in the hospice setting. J Palliat Med 2009; 12(2):133– 141.