1. Aaronson NK, Ahmedzai S, Bergman B et al. The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: a quality of life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. J Natl Cancer Inst 1993; 85(5): 365–376.
2. Autier P, Ait Ouakrim D. Determinants of the number of mammography units in 31 countries with significant mammography screening. Br J Cancer 2008; 99(7): 1185–1190.
3. Autier P, Boniol M, La Vecchia C et al. Disparities in breast cancer mortality trends between 30 European countries: retrospective trend analysis of WHO mortality databases. BMJ 2010; 341: c3620.
4. Berrino F, De Angelis R, Sant M et al. Survival for eight major cancers and all cancers combined for European adults diagnosed in 1995–1999: results of the EUROCARE-4 study. Lancet Oncol 2007; 8(9): 773–783.
4. Burgess C, Cornelius V, Love S et al. Depression and anxiety in women with breast cancer: five years observation cohort study. BMJ 2005; 330(7493): 702–710.
5. Clark EJ. The importance of research in oncology social work. In: Lauria M, Clark EJ, Hermann J et al (eds). Social Work in Oncology. Atlanta, Ga: Am Cancer Society Press 2001.
6. Davis C. Psychosocial needs of women with breast cancer: how can social workers make a difference? Health Soc Work 2004; 29(4): 330–334.
7. Engel J, Kerr J, Schlesinger-Raab A et al. Quality of life following breast-conserving therapy or mastectomy: results of a 5 year prospective study. Breast J 2004; 10(3): 223–231.
8. Ganz PA, Desmond KA, Leedham B et al. Quality of life in long-term, disease-free survivors of breast cancer: a follow-up study. J Natl Cancer Inst 2002; 94(1): 39–49.
9. Ganz PA, Hahn EE. Implementing a survivorship care plan for patients with breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2008; 26(5): 759–767.
10. Grassi L, Travado L. The role of psychosocial oncology in cancer care. In: Coleman MP, Alexe DM, Albrecht T et al (eds). Responding to the challenge of cancer in Europe. Ljubljana: Radovlica 2008.
11. Hewitt M, Greenfield S, Stovall E. From cancer patient to cancer survivor: lost in transition. Washington DC: The National Academies Press 2006.
12. Hodgkinson K, Butow P, Hunt GE et al. Breast cancer survivors’ supportive care needs 2–10 years after diagnosis. Support Care Cancer 2007; 15(5): 515–523.
13. Holzner B, Kemmler G, Kopp M et al. Quality of life in breast cancer patients – not enough attention for long-term survivors? Psychosomatics 2001; 42(2): 117–123.
14. IASWR Report to the National Cancer Institute. Social Worker’s contribution to research on cancer prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Nat Cancer Inst 2003: 44.
15. Kroenke CH, Kubzansky LD, Schernhammer ES et al. Social networks, social support, and survival after breast cancer diagnosis. J Clin Oncol 2005; 24(7): 1105–1111.
16. Kumle M. Declining breast cancer incidence and decreased HRT use. Lancet 2008; 372(9639: 608–610.
17. Levi F, Bosetti C, Lucchini F et al. Monitoring the decrease in breast cancer mortality in Europe. Eur J Cancer Prev 2005; 14(6): 497–502.
18. Lipscomb J, Donaldson MS, Hiatt RA. Cancer outcomes research and arenas of application. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004; 33: 1–7.
19. Michael YL, Berkman LF, Colditz GA et al. Social networks and health-related quality of life in breast cancer survivors: a prospective study. J Psychosom Res 2002; 52(5): 285–293.
20. Montazeri A. Health-related quality of life in breast cancer patients: a bibliographic review of the literature from 1974 to 2007. J Exp Clin Oncol 2008; 27: 32.
21. Nissen MJ, Swenson KK, Ritz LI et al. Quality of life after breast carcinoma surgery: a comparison of three surgical procedures. Cancer 2001; 91(7): 1238–1246.
22. Ohsumi S, Shimozuma K, Kuroi K et al. Quality of life of breast of breast cancer patients and types of surgery for breast cancer – current status and unresolved issues. Breast Cancer 2007; 14(1): 66–73.
23. Safaei-Diba Ch, Plesko I, Hlava P et al. Incidencia zhubných nádorov v Slovenskej republike 2006, Národný onkologický register SR: NCZI 2010.
24. Sprangers MA, Groenvold M, Arraras JI et al. The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer breast cancer – specific quality-of-life questionnaire module: first results from a three-country field study. J Clin Oncol 1996; 14(10): 2756–2768.